View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Simply Sunny Beautiful Chilly Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Iíve had the neatest little solar calculator for years and years that I always keep in the glove box in the Jeep. It takes a tiny battery as a backup but it wonít work unless that battery is up and running ~ just in case. Anyway my battery went caput and wouldnít you know it ~ my device is so old that they donít even make that sized battery anymore. So now I have a new calculator to keep in the Jeep that Will got me from the dollar store for a dollar. It looks just like the old one except the backup battery is concealed inside the unit and I guess when it goes caput years from now I will toss it and buy a new one just like it. I donít know how they can make these little things so cheap.

DONNA FAYE I also think it is a great idea to have snack items that are good for us handy to get to. I do that with veggies, fruits, cheese, drinks. Love those little snack bags. Sure makes it easy to already have the items cleaned and bagged up. I like having several kinds of string cheese & cream cheese also. WW has a new one out now that I want which is Jalapeno string cheese, I have the cream cheese in that flavor. I always keep a few of those small cans of spicy V-8 juice in my fridge along with my diet soda and Perrier water bottles. WW has some neat cream cheese triangles that are great and Laughing Cow has some Baby Bells that are good. I like to use those triangles in celery stalks. There is enough cheese in one of those triangles to make a great snack with some veggie. I am boiling some eggs this day to add to my arsenal.

SUSAN I had a conversation last meeting with the leader and we agreed that the next meeting will be full to bursting then after a couple weeks or so it will dwindle down quite a bit. Just like all New Yearís resolutions losing weight, gets shoved to the back burner once again when the newness wears off. There are always those few that stick with it though. Your afternoon snack sounds yummy ~ reminds me of some great smoked salmon we had recently. It was so tasty with cream cheese and bagels. Makes me want some more.

Have a great day Magnolias

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote