General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #1  

Default I always come home

I have been on 3FC for a long time. But since the forum is mainly about weightloss, I have gone to other forums in relation to my other interests. Recently I've been on a mommy forum because I'm expecting.
But no matter where I go, no other forum in a helpful as this one. The ladies are so nice, and there are moderators to keep the peace. Just such a safe place. Many of the other forums I have been to are not monitored and are not a nice place to be.
Its good to be home
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Congratulations!!!!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the upcoming baby!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #4  

lol thank you both! I think I'm just going to stay here during my pregnancy. I need to watch my weight anyway. I gained like 60 lbs with my other 2 kids. I don't want to do that this time.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations and welcome back!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #7  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Congratulations! I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I frequented a pregnancy forum (which shall remain nameless) and I found that a lot of the women on there were just downright nasty to eachother. I'm thinking this was due to a lack of moderation and all of the hormones flying
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations! You can definitely control weight gain during pregnancy, or at least mitigate the damage to whatever your body demands you put on, by any number of means. I've calorie counted through a pregnancy and now I'm low carbing through one. When I was eating a normal pregnancy diet I put on a pound and a half per week. And now I've put on another three in twelve weeks, since switching to a more controlled and nutritious intake. The difference in accumulation of body fat has been amazing - I saw puffy face and fingers with normal diet, and now all weight gained has clearly been baby and my face and limbs remain lean and strong. I also feel much better!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Good for you, Glamour Girl! I am always amazed at some of the things people say on the internet. The world is full of crazy people, I guess. I, too, enjoy it here where people get along well.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #10  

Congratulations!
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #11  
:)

S/C/G: 275/268/200

Height: 5'7"

Awwwww congrats!!!! <3
ataraxia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #12  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your upcoming little one!

I agree that this is a really nice forum to be on. Some online communities get so mean. I'm sure its especially true with expecting mom forums, I know some of the meanest comments I've ever seen are about people's parenting choices.

You're smart to keep diet/weight in mind during pregnancy!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #13  

Thank you all!! I think its a good thing I've been on here, also because I'm keeping myself aware of my weight. I don't want to gain like I did with my other two!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Congratulations! You can definitely control weight gain during pregnancy, or at least mitigate the damage to whatever your body demands you put on, by any number of means. I've calorie counted through a pregnancy and now I'm low carbing through one. When I was eating a normal pregnancy diet I put on a pound and a half per week. And now I've put on another three in twelve weeks, since switching to a more controlled and nutritious intake. The difference in accumulation of body fat has been amazing - I saw puffy face and fingers with normal diet, and now all weight gained has clearly been baby and my face and limbs remain lean and strong. I also feel much better!
Up until last week I wasn't eating at all because of m/s and I did lose about 10 lbs, but I've started feeling a bery little bit better and able to keep a few things down. I have been using Lose It, an app on my phone to tracl my calories and right now I aim for about 1800-2000 a day, but I usually only take in about 1600. I have maintained my weight this week so I'm happy.
I know as I go into the next trimester, my appetite will be back full force and I will need to be very careful with what I eat. I plan to use this app the whole pregnancy so that I'm not over eating and packing on the weight this time.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
Congratulations! I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I frequented a pregnancy forum (which shall remain nameless) and I found that a lot of the women on there were just downright nasty to eachother. I'm thinking this was due to a lack of moderation and all of the hormones flying
I'd bet it was the same well know forum I was on. I've been on a few, but this one, omg, nearly every board is crawling with very angry, nasty women. The nice ones don't stick around. Its like its become the place moms go just to be mean to someone if they are having a bad day.
Its like lord of the flies! lol with no supervision (moderation) in the forum I've referring to in years, the people on their have gone wild, reduced to some primal tribe mentality, stoning other moms quite frequently!