Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Smile New Year Newbie Alert- Challenges and Rewards

Hello Everyone!

Have you just been overwhelmed with new members with the New Year yet? I was planning on going on this weight loss journey alone, but yesterday a co-worker turned me on to the Metabolic Research Center, which then pointed me here.

I weighed in yesterday. I love their weigh-ins, as the measure not only weight, but muscle mass, body fat and hydration (no sitting in the sauna the day before weigh-ins anymore!) After all was said and done, my counselor told me that I need to lose around 100 pounds. So I guess that makes me a true 100 lber.

I am fiercely motivated, as I want to start trying for a family next year and I can't think of anything that is more important. I want to give my future children the best start possible- and I'm slightly terrified of fertility issues.

So I have a couple questions for you:

What has been the most challenging aspect of your weight loss journey?

And what has been most rewarding?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

The most challenging was making the initial commitment. The most rewarding is fitting into my (skinny) jeans
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #3  
Living Intuitively

Mozzy- We started in the same place and have the same goals! How exciting! And you have made so much progress!! Congratulations!!

What board to you frequent the most? Are there boards that are more active then others?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Hello Everyone!
So I have a couple questions for you:

What has been the most challenging aspect of your weight loss journey?

And what has been most rewarding?
Welcome! You sound like you've got a really positive attitude about weight loss and a great reason to stay focused. I'm sure that will serve you well on your way towards your goal weight. I'm excited for you! I started trying to get pregnant around 250lbs back in 2007 and I'm fairly certain my weight played a role in our infertility. So, I think you are three steps ahead getting your body in great health before starting a family.

Most challenging aspect: Getting rid of my blinders/mental fog. I think over time I slowly started minimizing aspects of life when they bumped up against my dissatisfaction with my weight. Learning to see things as they are has been quite a challenge.

Most rewarding: Seeing the scale numbers drop while my focus has been on just changing my mindset/relationship with food, not trying to control the scale. Hopefully that makes sense.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #5  
Living Intuitively

Thanks, Sarah! I am really looking to plug into a community here. I guess I got needy after all my time on theKnot. LOL. The message boards there are ALWAYS busy. People chatting off and on all day.

Also- I really like your ticker. Our goals are also similar.

What type of support do you find that you need to stay on track?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
Thanks, Sarah! I am really looking to plug into a community here. I guess I got needy after all my time on theKnot. LOL. The message boards there are ALWAYS busy. People chatting off and on all day. Also- I really like your ticker. Our goals are also similar.

What type of support do you find that you need to stay on track?
I also got pretty hooked on boards, but while I was pregnant, the "what to expect" ones. They can really be a great support.

Support/tools I use: LoseIt (iphone app, calorie and exercise traker), WayOfLife (iphone app, habit tracker), 3FC 100lb Club "weight threads" ("Getting out of the 230s, etc), as well as setting small goals and some mental time frames on what I plan to do at each goal.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Welcome! You'll find lots of support here. This is a really great group.

The most challenging aspect of my weight loss has always been keeping things in check when going out - to eat, to parties, to weddings, etc. I just tell myself it's just one day (actually, usually it's just one meal) and that helps. I also tell myself that "next time" I might let myself be a bit more indulgent. Then "next time" I decide all over again.

The most rewarding aspect is better health and appearance. My health has always been good so I had no real push to lose the weight I knew I should lose. No diabetes, normal BP and cholesterol, that sort of thing. But after losing 90 pounds, I realize I DO feel better and most of life's tasks - work and leisure - are easier. And there is no way to describe how it feels to wear regular sized clothing.

Good luck with your weight loss. It sounds like you have things in perspective. I'm sure you'll do well.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote