Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Default New rules of lifting "supercharged"

The new rules of lifting "supercharged" is being released tomm dec. 27, is anyone planning on starting this program. I finished NRLW over a month ago. I have lost 60 pounds since january but gained 10 back last month after a trip to florida and have been having trouble getting back on track. I loved NRLW and am excited about starting this new program. Who's with me???
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

I saw where this was coming out. I'm almost done with the New Rules abs program and completed the women's program back in April. I may do the Lifting for Life book next and then this one. I'm such a fan of this series, seriously. I've had great success with them. Let us know how it goes.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #3  

Well turns out that Barnes & Nobles didnt get the book in so i bought it on itunes and am looking it over on my ipad which actually works out better because it has videos of some of the moves. I have the abs one but havent done it yet.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

I'm in! Got it on my iPad and started it Monday!
The videos are super helpful, too.
It's my first time on any NROL program and I have to say...boy am I sore! And I started at Basic level I....But that means I can only get better!

I do it all at home - cable pulleys were an issue but I found resistance bands with d handles for pull downs and such. Mine have a separation between them so that you can pull each arm independently. I just loop up over my squat cage (new/ early bday purchase) and pull away!
I was leery that the lack of cardio would mean I wouldn't lose weight. Ummm, nope. My heart rate monitor says I trained in zone 3 just as if I was doing HIIT on elliptical. Soooo...guess it's gonna work!
I'm w/ fitmom (Love that quote), in it for the body fat% reduction, not scale number.
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #5  

So glad someone is joining me, I started at basic 1 as well but like I said I went through the new rules of lifting for women and finished that up in october. I fell off the wagon after 2 trips to florida and the holidays but back on track now. I noticed on NRLW that I pretty much came to a stand still on weight loss but I was getting smaller(losing inches) so fat % loss was definitly happening. I am also sore but going back in the morning for B.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #6  

stlrsgrl:
I was still sore by workout time (1700ish w/ DH when he gets off work) - but I read your post this am and figured - if she can do it - I can, too!
By noon my quads were better then my hammies started screaming. I checked out the boards (for the book) and figured out that I did the step up AND the box jump wrong. Note to self: Do not jump (or land) from tippy toes-use the entire foot. By starting/landing from toes, I was using my quads and not my hammies/glutes. I also noticed that is how I go up and down stairs - on my toes. When I change and use whole foot, my glutes and hammies engage. Who knew?? It's like I'm learning to walk all over again.
I stretched extra before and after (that dang foam roller hurts) and went slow and made sure I really really warmed up/stretched out. My pushups were better. Still can't do them on the ground but my front elevated ones ( I do them on the side of squat cage) were cleaner and I didn't have to pause this time - so counting that as a victory! On Friday I will lower the bar - eventually I will make it to the ground!! Hope you made it through okay and are up for Friday's "A"!
We got this!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #7  

I find the more i move, the less sore i am. I can 10 normal pushups. My biggest problem is my wrists are weak. I plan to see this all the way through. I dont have a foam roller tho
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #8  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I'm doing NROL4W right now, I didn't know they had a new one coming out!

What's the program like?
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  

well I just started basic training 1 and so far is stuff like push ups, planks squats but when u get further into it you have workouts A,B,C & D and its a year long program so alot longer than NRLW
Old 01-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #10  

@StephanieM
I bought the NROL4L, then found out a few days later that Supercharged was coming out. So I bought it as well and have only done 2 days of Supercharged. Day 3 today!
It starts with Basic Training Phase I-IV. Each has 5 levels within each phase so you can pick the level you are at and advance through levels as needed. Each phase takes 4 weeks if you don't miss any. So - that's 16 weeks of BT. He says if you are still seeing improvement you can repeat BT again with higher level OR you move the Hypertrophy (more phases and levels) and finally to Strength and Power (more phases and levels). So - it's a year long commitment. Which is something I really need - I tend to want stuff right now, rush through weight loss, get to goal weight, then 'celebrate' with food and gain it back.... So this time I'm getting fit - slowly but surely!
One of my favorite quotes: Skinny girls look good in clothes - fit girls look good naked! That's my goal this time!
I think he mentions in the book that if you have already done one of NROL you can start with BT Phase IV, then go straight to hypertrophy. It pretty much allows you to determine your own level of fitness and start from there. There aren't as many choices when you first start - gotta get the basic form/movements down first. Crawl before you walk, I suppose!
Very little on nutrition, either, and I appreciate that! I have that part down (said as she drinks her protein shake)!

Oh - I figured out a way to do it all at home, too!

Hope that helps!

Last edited by 2FatCats; 01-04-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #11  
Losing the baby weight

Thanks for the info!

I've done the first 3 stages of NROL4W and I started over again after a month off. I'm getting kind of bored of it though and was looking for a new lifting routine.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #12  

I'm still plugging away - the soreness does go away if I do light cardio for 20 minutes on off days. By light I mean I never get my heartrate above 120. Just getting blood flow through the muscles. And pushups are getting better!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #13  

Yea me too, I actually did 15 normal pushups in a row on monday. I will be done with basic training 1 on Wed. Then moving on to basic training 2. I need to start doing cardio on off days as well. I am going to get my treadmill out of storage today. I had to store it to make room for christmas tree. I go to the gym for my workouts but sometimes I would like to just walk on the treadmill and not have to go to the gym to do it.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #14  

Yeah, I started doing light cardio on the off days to alleviate the soreness. It works! Weight loss has slowed down but I figure that's okay - so long as I'm maintaining muscle - that's what counts. The flab will eventually be gone!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #15  
Losing the baby weight

How is this program going for you guys?