PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #1  

Default Acanthosis nigricans

I noticed over the weekend I had some dark patches of skin on my neck area. It's really hard to see and I only noticed it when I was outside and looking in my mirror in the car. I'm committed now to low carb and hopefully this will help. It just was more proof that I have insulin resistance. I may end up seeing a doctor and discussing metformin, but for now I want to try it by diet alone. There is no telling what other factors are in to play with insulin resistance. I need to get healthy. Does anyone else have this?
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 301/301/200

Height: 5'7

Red face

I have it a little. I am on Metformin 2000mg a day for PCOS. i have been on the med for 4 months and it has started to fade.:. My diet has always been low carb. but i got it anyways so i would still talk to your dr about being IR
dolphinlov80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #3  

ok thanks! I may do that. I'll have a new insurance after the first of year which is in a few days, so I may schedule an appointment with someone. Did you also lose weight on the metformin? My BIL is on it for diabetes and has lost quite a bit of weight.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I do -- on the elbows and inner thighs.

Keep going -- weight loss has faded it for me in the past so I'm trying again.,

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #5  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

Another sufferer here! I have it bad on my neck, underarms, inner thighs and strangely in between my breasts. It's so dark most people think it's scarring and I don't try and get into a converation about it! I did notice when I lost about 50lbs it improved on my neck and thighs greatly.

Last edited by knoxie; 01-17-2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #6  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I have one little patch that embarrasses the crap out of me on my inner thigh...I've had it since about high school and nothing seems to affect it, unfortunately.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote