PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Default So yea......

Last time I posted here I mentioned getting all my docs back in order. Going to see my nutritionist, a reproductive endocrinologist, etc. I did that and guess what? Since seeing the nutritionist I have GAINED 40 lbs....Yep. I am now up 20 280.....Well.... 274.6 as of yesterday morning. My lowest is 237. I don't know whether to scream, cry, or hit a pillow. I kept telling her that "this doesn't work for me, we need to try something else" and her response was "studies show", "Trust me ok? this is what I do for a living" Or "you aren't doing it right" BULL ****. I did everything she said to a T.

On top of that My reproductive endo said I either need surgery, or a derivative of meth that is a controlled substance RX to lose weight. Ugh.

Rant over.
Just had to say it, I haven't posted in a while because I was and am ashamed, pissed, mad and was for a few months in denial. I am at the point that NONE of my pants fit. I am in sweats and pajama bottoms or dresses and skirts until I lose it again...and its an average temperature of about 32F here every day.....
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

When I went to a nutritionist, my blood sugar (A1C) levels went UP and I gained weight.

Nutritionists are the devil, in my opinion.

I've been following a light version of Paleo/Primal diet and that works for me.

You may need to be your own nutritionist.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I was before, but I figured she'd probably know more than I did ...yea nutritionists SUCK. I think they lump us all together like we are the same because "studies show" Sadly studies get averaged out so they don't show the INDIVIDUAL only the AVERAGE. What worked in the study DOESN'T work for me. so now...Get it off my way, being my own nutritionist again.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry things did not work out -- do what you gotta do though. YOU live in your body, not the dietitian.

They can only suggest, you have to be able to DO. So do what is actually doable and helps. Hang in there!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote