View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Thursday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I have been busy this day so far packaging up some meat that Will bought and packaging up the ham in bags for 2 servings and getting it all in the freezer. I have the ham bone which is going to be used in a pot of beans in the fridge to be used tomorrow. I have a cup of sourdough mix out getting room temperature so I can make a loaf of sourdough bread a bit later today. I am currently listening to some of Neil Diamond’s recordings form years back. His Glory Road 1968 – 1972 recordings makes me feel like he is an old friend of mine. These old songs sure bring back good memories. Life is good.

I have WW this evening and when I weighed this morning I am down so I do expect a loss to show. Then next week we will be on our regular schedule of weighing in on Monday evenings.

Our snow isn’t melting as fast as we thought it would. The dogs and cat come in all moist and want to be petted. I keep some paper towels handy to use on them first.

JEAN Have a great time in Florida ~ guess you have gone if you have your act together by now. Let's just say that I have enough guns but always want another one. Having one is no good unless you do know how to use it and be safe about it. Will and I have both had lots of training and truly believe in being safe. Always treat a gun as if it is loaded if it is or not and they are never a "play thing." We belong to the shooting range here which costs us $50 a year for the two of us. Plus we have a rancher friend that has a range on his property and the guy that owns the gun shop invited us to his private one which he only has very few folks by invitation come there. Down there they like this old lady who was once a peace officer in her younger days and likes guns. I am a good shot and also good with a Whammo Wrist Rocket which is a good sling shot. Nice round marbles or rocks, if you can find them, make great ammo. I am having a hard time finding marbles due to them taking them off the market so many places because kids "may choke" on them. However, they sell some of them in florists shops to put in flower vases. I take mine along to the range when we target practice. I like to keep in practice. My grandpa is responsible in getting me into using a sling shot. He kept the pockets of my overalls filled with proper stones to use.

SUSAN You will like that Tiger Balm which comes in two different strengths and I like the stronger one the best. If you can't find it locally you can google it up and there are lots of places on line where you can purchase it. Isn't that Bag Balm great stuff and I am not surprised they sell it at quilt shops. I keep some in my bathroom to use after I wash up when doing my glass work ~ keeps those finger from drying out from the chemicals I use.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 01-03-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote