View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
nationalparker
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 179/163/150

Height: 5-4

Good morning all! Back to the routine, which, in reflection, I guess isn't that bad for me.

DH and I took our dog out on the trail behind our home yesterday for a snowy/icy three-mile walk. She did more leaping and bounding in the snow up to her chest - fun to watch. We realized we couldn't walk the trail at night, as it is too icy to safely navigate, but at least it's an option still for the weekend days until it thaws out a bit. Talked to him about setting a mileage goal for the two of us to combine for this year - sounded more fun than just for me, but not something to rule us - if we hit the gym and do other things I don't want to feel like I should've gotten on the treadmill He seemed ambivalent so I said, no biggie - I'll just set a goalf for myself. Then he was IN. We set it rather high as in the good weather we like to do longer hikes/backpacking. We'll see if we get to 1,500 miles - doubtful but good to strive, right? Credits for getting out there, and for goal-setting for us.

Packed a healthy breakfast and lunch, and have planned out dinner - now will work to plan the rest of the week's dinners ... that's where I had been lax before.

There are piles of leftover holiday goodies (packaged chocolate bars, cookies, etc.) in the kitchens here at work. NO CHOICE.

Better check in when more time! Have a day you can be proud of today!