View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #93
MarjorieMargarine

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

So funny. Reading the title of this post I thought, "I like pretty much everything." I don't consider myself veggie challenged at all, and fortunately never have been. But reading through some of these posts made me remember veggies I despise that I don't think of often, fortunately-
-baby corn is disgusting
-oyster mushrooms are not too great (but other mushrooms are awesome)
-nori/seaweed makes me want to vomit. Fortunately most sushi places will do wraps in soy paper if you ask, but I've embarrassed myself a couple of times at sushi restaurants because I tried to choke down something with nori in it. It is impossible to be discreet about how nasty it tastes to me. For a long time I thought I just hated sushi, it was only recently I realized it was just the nori.

I do want to encourage everyone to keep trying stuff. I have had a couple of weird experiences where my tastes absolutely changed. I hated olives all of my life, the smell made me nauseous. Until one day two years ago, I started thinking of olives and thought they sounded good. Now, I can almost not get enough of them for some strange reason.

I also have to say, I'm rather surprised by the number of people who find celery and cucumber so objectionable. I think of those two vegetables to be particularly mild and watery with very little taste. Not that there's anything wrong with hating it, it's just so interesting to see how different peoples' tastes are!
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote