View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
onebyone
move

S/C/G: 291/276.5/275

Height: 5' 6"

Default My Year to Move Mountains

Hi Everyone:

I come to 2013 knowing I have some serious issues to tame. At the end of this year I hit the half century mark and I am completely unwilling to get there with a mountain of moving boxes in my dining room, or a home that has no comfort or joy. It's just not acceptable. It's also something I have never managed to do: deal with the clutter and KEEP IT dealt with. Much like losing the weight and keeping it off if you ask me... which is another old issue I have to get serious about this year.

Last challenge I made some progress. Much of it is an interior shift. Though I am sitting on a couch that's cushy as I write this and my living room has several seating areas now. And I have a new bedroom that's cleaner.

Having these things come true, I now truly know I want this and don't want a messy uncomfortable makeshift home anymore. It was okay for decades. I'm not interested in the feelings of shame and depression and guilt and inadequacy that my home brings up in me when I think of people dropping by. I can do better. I have to put the work into it to bring it into my life.