Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #1  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default 2013 Challenge - Another New Year

Wow, it's 2013!!! Happy New Year all my challenge friends, new and returning. Our 2012 thread was great and helped keep me accountable on my self challenge to lose or maintain my weight loss.

So please join us for another year to keep ourselves accountable on our journey through food and exercise. This isn't a challenge between 3FC members, it's a self challenge with lots of and cheering on by other challengers. We'd love to have all 50+ 3FC that want cheers and motivation on the lifelong journey.
Marie
Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning all,

It's another year. Can you all believe it? Today is the last day of fa-la-la merriment for me. I can't say the last two days I've eaten healthy. According to my cyclemeter app, yesterday I burned 1917 calories and skied 29 miles. Pretty cool. Not worried about the food intake but tomorrow I will be. My DGS and I will be leaving Reno shortly for the 5 hour drive home. Starbucks is along the way... Again, tomorrow is going to start me on a pledge to make my clothes more comfy because bigger clothes is not an option. I've still got som wiggle room but I'm finally healthy and ready to go. BTW, the ski trip didn't hurt the hip at all. It's fine after loads of skiing yesterday.

Am2, interesting idea of the intermittent fasting. I'm not sure I could do that. I'm going to log into LoseIt daily for the next 3 months. Not one day off. That's my short term goal.

An-spicy, I hope you find your way to this thread and join us for more challenge posting.

Tera, happy new year to you!
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 01-01-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Year....for me a new Journey and the start of a new way of life....

Rhonda, aka: dogpaws4ever
Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Woot! Happy 2013!

Dogpaws4ever (love that), congratulations on your new journey and the start of a new way of life! It is so nice to meet you!

Marie, I just experiment with intermittent fasting, don't really do it as I should, but it helps me on all levels when I use it as a tool.

Glad your hip held out and was not bothered by the skiing. Good challenge to not skip a day doing LoseIt! Woot!

Tera ...

An-spice, also hope you join us.

And also as Marie said hoping all 50+ 3FC-ers join us. It is a fun, easygoing thread.

Well, I blogged and posted these results pretty much everywhere lol as I am very pleased that I lost 16.2 pounds this year since my mid-January baseline weigh-in, which was kind of private at the beginning and then I kept tweaking the goals and doing different time frames, etc., but I'm still going for a mid-range of 125 & then deciding if I want to go lower.

I am always tweaking. In the past I have been influenced by others regarding the topic of food, weight management, fitness, etc., now I know I am my own guru. I know who I am and what I am doing. I know I will reach the 120s and make all the right decisions (well, for the most part) for myself this year in this regard.

My ideal of 125 is still subject to change. It is higher than my low point of 117 in 2010, which represents the tale end of a major weight loss and I've told this story on 3FC many times so won't repeat the tale of the major weight loss, which took place over almost two decades.

SO, friends, when I hit 150 again one year ago, which is a good weight but up from the direction I was traveling, I started the downward trek again and feel I had a good run.

I DID want to get into the 120s by the end of the year but life goes on and I'm REALLY REALLY HAPPY with where I am right now. I did gain a pound from last official weigh-in on December 23, 2012.

My challenge is to eat no red velvet cake until December 21 and continue doing what I am doing to get into the 120s and stay there ... possibly below but I doubt it. I am rather small boned so at 117 I liked where I was but it was hard to maintain (obviously lol).

Woot!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-01-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #5  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year, yes new beginnings.

Hello Marie Rhonda and Tera, I found the 2013 thread & look forward to having company on my weight loss and maintain journey. Still have guests for one more day, no more baking starting tomorrow,lol.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Good morning, all and hello to Working.

I am on Day 39 of the 40 day Valentine's Season march to February 10 on which I will have reached the 120s. The clock started ticking on that yesterday & I've decided the goal is just nonspecifically to be 129.8 or less, hopefully MUCH less.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

I feel HUNGRY, oh so Hungry…..

Well day two of the New Year and have you ever wondered why it is that the second you decide to do something to change the way you are for the better…it feels like every obstacle in the world gets thrown in front of you?

For me, it’s the ever present hunger….this phenomena, only happens when I say I’m going to start eating better and losing weight. My tummy for some reason sends messages to my head that it is hungry, even though I just ate breakfast, my tummy is not satisfied…so then the brain sends the message back to the tummy to go ahead and grumble and feel like it’s not full…well what the heck is up with that???

I know I just ate, I know I should feel full, I know I don’t need anything else for a little while, but yet the very blasted tummy keeps on grumbling.

Getting through the next few days is going to be the hardest at this point….I do not have any will power what so ever when it comes to food and the “tummy talk”.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and wish me luck.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Good luck Dogpaws4ever!

Ate high again yesterday but focusing on getting cals down and getting a lot of tasks done today. Have a great day, all!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-03-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rhonda, glad you're joining us with your journey. It's amazing how the sharing of ideas helps. I totally understand the tummy talk. I always guess that about day 4 of eating well is when the tummy stops sending its SOS's to my brain.

Am2, I LOVE that you lost 16.2 pounds in 2012. You are such an inspiration. I hope you get all your tasks accomplished.

Working, I hope all the guests have left and the kitchen baking is put to rest. I swear having company is my biggest challenge in staying on track.

Yesterday's cals came in at 1534 with a bike ride on the fluid trainer. Today breakfast and lunch are already logged. BTW Am2, the new update to LoseIt really changed it a lot. I'm not sure if I like the changes or not but it still does the same things. And DH actually logged yesterday. Not sure how he could since hie mom's Christmas package came finally (took 21 days) and it had lots of homemade goodies. He snacked on them. Pretty sure he had no idea how to log them so he probably didn't. I wasn't tempted as his family has a thing with peanut butter and I'm deathly allergic. Hence I look at it and say, "Woots! not on my hips..."

Marie
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Thanks for the congrats & info on LoseIt, Marie! I will look at it later today as am having a really lazy indoor day (except for the 12,000 steps, which I'll do indoors and outdoors over several walks) and planning "diet" things to eat next week.

I'm not obsessed or anything, just very pleased with my weight loss and yea I do think about weight management and fitness a lot.

I am sorry you are allergic to PB, Marie. That is my favorite thing in the whole universe, after pizza and cake.

Sheesh, I love food.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-05-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Ditto, Am2 on the loving food. I wish it wasn't so filled with pleasure as well as nutrients. Volunteering is a good thing for many reasons. I plan to volunteer in the schools to read to children when I retire. I wish I could go read occasionally now but the district office isn't embraced to go to the schools to play with the kids. My old district did like that a lot (and so did I).

My cals yesterday were 1528. I've been working on adding more fruits and veges to my intake. I figure those are the good cals. Today I'm up to 600 already be cause it was starbucks friday. And I was munching on garbage while wanting a mocha so I decided to just go get one. That should take care of the morning munchies for me, then it's easy the rest of the day.
Marie
Old 01-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #12  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Good Morning All!

Am2 - Awesome weight loss for 2012, congrats and yes inspiring for all.

Rhonda, Working at stopping that tummy talk also, maybe we should remind ourselves it's a diet choice and we are "choosing for loosing".

Marie, love your last quote - "Woots!, not on my hips." May have to add that to "choosing for loosing" and post it on my frig. I also am losing the regain, 6 pounds since June 2012. I have concluded that maintenance skills need to be improved.

Guests are gone, tossed out some goodies and will try to start food journaling. I have been nibbling, gotta stop that habit.
Diana
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Hi,

I haven't posted here before, but I'm really needing some support about NOW! I really didn't do well over Christmas. Actually, my overeating probably began some time in Nov. Well, it has stopped! Most of the junk is out of the house. There is still a few things. We both (DH and I) got lots of junk in our stockings. He still has a huge bag of pistachio's. And a bag of carmels with sea salt. But i think that is about it. And those I can live with. I have been eating well for the last week, doing my exercise and lifting my weights. I just need to continue to do what I know I have to do.

I went shopping for good, clean food, so the kitchen is ready, and so am I.

And Marie, I've found that if I really crave something, it's better to have just a little. If I don't I'll end up eating a lot of other things trying to stop the craving.

Anyone watch Dr. Oz? I don't usually, but I did catch one show where he was bringing out the "best" products for the year. One of them was red palm oil. It's supposed to be stored better, help flush out fat, and isn't store in the abdomen like most fats are. It actually helps get rid of that stomach fat that most of us are prone to. I don't usually buy the hype, but i'm going to try it, if I can find it. I've been to several stores so far and haven't found it. I might have to resort to on-line. Anyone tried this?

Lets make this the best year ever!

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 01-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Hello, Freda!!! Welcome and with you on making this the best year ever. Congratulations on making your goal (as I see by your ticker) and on being back on eating well & doing your exercise for the past week!

I sort of agree that one should have some of what they crave, but with me it has to be minimal because if I have, say, a full box of whatever I crave, I likely will eat the box full ... so I often just buy single servings of what I want and eat it in the car and throw away the container.

Thanks for the congratulations on the 2012 weight loss, Diana.

Sigh, now to keep going as I still want to be in the 120s in 35 days (February 10 is the goal day for that).

Everything's SORT of going my weigh, other than being up 1.2 pound on my official weigh-day. Never mind, a little more muscle is mixed in that as I exceeded all exercise goals & feel strong. The calorie train will be heading back in the right direction in the coming week lol.

Day 35, "Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible." Helen Keller
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Ladies! I would have liked to have been back here sooner but besides moving DD, I have been fighting a cold and find myself pretty tired most of the time right now. I am working on weaning off the baked goodies and extra alcohol from the holidays. Hopefully I will stop craving the high calorie treats soon-today was better than the yesterday. Today was the first day of this year when I actually tracked my food, plus I posted here. I consider those things progress. I am not sure when I will get back to exercising.

Good luck everyone with your 2013 goals. It is definitely worth the effort.

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-06-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Closed Thread