Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 02:54 PM   #1  
You and Me in 2003

Default 300 + and ready to try again #416

300 + and ready to try again #416
WELCOME !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 pm EST, 7:30 pm CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 02:56 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Look at me I started the new thread

I'm almost ready to start to work but thought I'd drop in for a quick peek and saw we need a new thread.

Catch you later
Old 09-23-2003, 03:58 PM   #3  

Exclamation What a crazy day!

Well we are down 3 people in the office today so it's just insanity. I have had no time what-so-ever to get anything done. That's good though, cause I don't sit at my desk looking for something to eat.
That darn scale is still up. I am literally trying to work my butt off this week to get the scale down. The celebration is over so I have no excuses to eat extra.
How is everyone else? Mary, what happened to you? Started a new thread and ran away. Hope everyone's day is going well!

Phone's ringing again...UGH.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:05 PM   #4  

Great job starting the thread Mary, but you forgot to direct us that we were moving on over to thread #416. I started a new thread with pretty colors and stuff then hit submit then went to post on the thread and OMG there were two #416's.... , so I deleted and came here.....

Today is day 9 of my new life style and all is going strong still. I just got into a bag of WOW chips, but its way okay, figured them into my points for the day, I have plenty and all day long in my head I have been hearing THINS advice to TINA to eat your points. So I am trying. I am off to bingo tonight, and am even treating myself to Subway. I have enough points to have a large sandwich.....and I am kind of hungry, so think I will get the chicken one...yummy.

I hope everyones day is going or went well. Wishing you all a nice evening of rest and relaxation.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 09-23-2003, 05:52 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Sandy Sorry I forgot
Old 09-23-2003, 06:19 PM   #6  

I had this e-mailed to me, in Honor Of Breast Cancer Month, thought it was a nice poem ( it you can call it that ).

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
(By ERMA BOMBECK)

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. I would have eaten the popcorn in the "GOOD" living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace. I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth. I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed. I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage. I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains. I would have cried and laughed less while watching tele vision and more while watching life. I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I wasn't there for the day. I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil or was guaranteed to last a lifetime. Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment realizing that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle... When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's" and more "I'm sorry's" but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute.....look at it and really see it ... live it. And never give it back.

I definelty have to stop nagging my son and let him be a boy, and not worry about how much of a mess my house is but, go out and have fun with my son. It made me think, there's so much I take for granted, and I don't wont my life to be wasted, so in order to be around to enjoy life I need to get healthy.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #7  

Good Evening Chickies,

Duckie, many thanks for what you wrote, it is so true!!

I want to share something with you ladies, I watched the Dr Phil show today, and I heard my story in some of those folks, I share their pain, and know from which they come. I wrote this in my journal just a few moments ago, and if you will all indulge me for a moment please.......I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FAT!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FEELING LIKE I AM MISSING OUT ON MY LIFE!!! I REFUSE, ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, IRREFUTABLY, TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE FEELING UNWORTHY!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! I REFUSE LIVING ONE MORE YEAR, ONE MORE MONTH, ONE MORE DAY, ONE MORE HOUR, OR ONE MORE MINUTE FEELING LIKE I DO NOT DESERVE A HEALTHY FIT BODY!! I AM GOING TO GET UP OFF MY ***, STOP FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF AND LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE THE WAY I DESERVE TO LIVE, PHYSCIALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND MENTALLY HEALTHY!!! I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! THE PAST IS IN THE PAST, I CAN DO NOTHING TO CHANGE IT, MY PRESENT IS HERE AND NOW, AND I AM CHEATING MYSELF IF I AM NOT WILLING TO DO AND BE ALL I CAN BE!!! AND MY FUTURE?? I HAVE NO FUTURE IF I CONTINUE DOWN A ROAD OF SELF SABOTAGE AND SELF DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR!! I REFUSE TO DO THAT ANYMORE, I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT ANYMORE!!, AND DID I SAY...I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT!!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

j-ann whispers:"Uh Pam? ..... Were you trying to tell us something about making a committment?????" (jk)

Yep, I think you were and I'm glad you're shouting it to the world! You Go Gal!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:25 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girlies!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. I am proud of myself today --- I worked late, got home after 7, there was a little voice in my head saying "skip the gym today - you can make up for it tomorrow" but, NO I didn't listen. I changed clothes and went and did a 30 min. cardio workout! I felt so much better after I went. I came home, had a light dinner. After I play on the computer a few minutes I am going to read and get a good night's sleep.

I hope you all have a great night!
Barb
Old 09-23-2003, 09:47 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Tuesday Tip:

NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:33 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Pam, I've got to say, I was getting a bit worried about you until that last post. WOW! What a powerful statement. What an amazing commitment to yourself. I am so happy for you, and I am blown away by your progress.

Kat, perfect tip for today!

Barb, I think we were sharing little voices tonight. I made it to Curves, if only for half a workout. But that half was more than I had planned to do, and I felt better for it as well.

Duckie, thanks for posting that piece. It is one of my favorites.

Sandy, you are doing so well with keeping your points, and I can see you are also able to eat for real, not just typical diet foods. Very cool!

Natalie, it really must have been crazy at your work. But busy does have the nice side effect of keeping down the boredom eating, you are right. Good luck on moving that scale the right direction.

Mary, thank you for starting the new thread! It has been nice seeing you posting more.

Ok, I'm really tired and dh has dosed me up with something to help me sleep. He was trying to ply me with a glass of wine or a shot of scotch, but I turned him down. Don't want sleep that bad! He has just been getting worried about me driving between jobs because I'm such a zombie. I finally accepted his offer of an antihistamine. Those usually knock me on my backside. Let's hope I can wake up in the morning, now!

Until then...

Andria
Old 09-24-2003, 05:00 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

You guys have GOT to see this...great photo journey of a woman's weight loss...over 200 lbs! Following WW.
good recipes there too!

http://www.darleneelizabeth.com/openingpage.htm
Old 09-24-2003, 07:17 AM   #13  

I will have to try to post from work. I was off reading the site Kat put up, now I am out of time. Got to get Alexis out to the bus stop. Love the site by the way....thanks Kat, I printed some of the recipes already.

Wishing you all a lovely day,
Sandy
Old 09-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Morning guys I found a neat diet site it is humerous.
www.dietbites.com
Old 09-24-2003, 07:51 AM   #15  
BELIEVE!

WOW!!!

Kat - it was amazing to look at her pictures. When I have more time I'll go back and read more of her site....for now I am off to the gym.....

Catch you all later!
Barb
Closed Thread