View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 04:48 AM   #2
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday - New Year's Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Happy New Year fellow Becksters.

Walked to the physical therapist, again. New exercise is to stand on the recovering leg like a flamingo with eyes closed. Boy does that ever remind me that a big part of balance is in vision. Then I walked to the gym were I, again, added five more minutes to my stationary bike time. Stationary bike is great because I can read while I pedal. Did my, now eight, exercises twice as prescribed, CREDIT moi.

Bad news is that my head cold kept me from both events last night - Ouch. I went to bed at 9pm and slept hard. Guess that it's good news that my calorie intake for New Year's Eve was low since I passed on expected tables laden with food and goodies. Dinner was one salmon sushi roll - well below allocated calories for the evening. CREDIT moi to me and my head cold for staying on the path.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Neat statistics for the year. I, too, like your weight in kg's which I don't relate to human bodies. Hope your snow is bounded.

Debbie (Lexxiss) Yep, Kudos indeed for the "awareness" that sane eating yields the benefits. And extra Kudos for facing an overburdened day from a calm place.

Nature Girl Yay for having a friend who's a healthy eater to greet the new year with. Congrats for maintaining over the eating season.

FutureFitChick Sending supportive thoughts as you process the memories of your dad over the holidays. Kudos for forging ahead through the unexpected foods, putting it behind you with "Oh, Well" and preparing for last night.

BigchiefDavid Shuddering as I think of your century ride in the heat and humidity of southern Louisiana. Kudos for working on your "Ideal Scene for next year" with your DW. Sounds like a sane approach to exercising.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 2
What Really Makes You Eat
.....If you can identify the triggers that
evoke sabotaging thoughts
and lead you to eat in
unhelpful ways, you can minimize your exposure
.....to them
or change your response to them.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 28.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month