Old 01-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default The Worldly Chicks Celebrate Another Year Together - Happy 2013!

Oh boy - just caught myself in time entering the wrong year

Happy New Year fine ladies. We've had some ups and downs in 2012 but I'm sure we all cherish the love and support we have with each other. Nothing we can't overcome and if we're ever in doubt ... we're also an opinionated lot who are always willing to lend some support and advice

Looking forward to another year of our friendship and support. Now ... off to bed with you all - except Shad who's looking for a nice salad for lunch about now.

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-01-2013 at 01:29 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

Guess I need one more post to bump this ahead of the old thread. I'm going to "sleep on it" and think about my 2013 goals and will report back in the morning.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Every one must be sleeping late and ringing in the New Year. I have to work today so I didn't stay up.
As expected the light office got to go home 45 minutes early. They usually go home earlier than that. But the phone wasn't that bad.

Happy New Year every one.

Happy
Thanks for getting us started in the new year.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-01-2013 at 09:57 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #4  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY EVERYONE!!

I WILL READ POSTS FROM LAST YEAR WHEN I CAN FOCUS.
TODAY IS MUCH BETTER DAY THAN YESTERDAY!!
WE CELEBRATED WITH CHINESE FOOD & SAID GOOD NIGHT LONG BEFORE MIDNIGHT.
I THINK I WAS ASLEEP BEFORE 10.
IN FEBRUARY IT WILL BE THE CHINESE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION OF THE WATER SNAKE....ALSO CALLED THE BLACK SNAKE.
I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE NEW YEAR HAS IN STORE FOR ALL OF US. HOPE ITS ALL GOOD!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2013 at 09:29 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #5  
Happy September

I had some coffee and can see & think straight.
Nothing is new here. Even the alarms were quiet.
Only one medical and 2 smoke.
The seniors must be all sleeping on this cloudy Holiday.
I have to go to the office tomorrow.
I need to photocopy my $1.29 raise for Social Security.
Can't wait to see the havoc & investigation this causes
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW DAY!!

Shad....was going to surprise you with a call too.
Good thing i didn't!! I couldn't sit up straight to save my soul.
Just as well..... you got so much done before moving into the second home....Brisbane airport...ROFLMAO!!! HA!!!
Cracked me up. Hope this week is a good one at the job.
YES send me pics of the darling GC!!!
Jen likes the angel wings and I liked them all.
Does the hand belong to DS1 ???

FYI: THERE IS A PROGRAM CALLED SOPHIA THE FIRST. SOMETHING ABOUT A PRINCESS.
I JUST SAW A COMMERCIAL FOR THE CARTOON PROGRAM LAST NIGHT.

Happy.....thanks so much for the new thread.
We are wishing you a wonderful year too.
Hope it brings good health to both you and the DH
tHE BALL DROPPED IN NYC WITHOUT ME....OR THE KIDS!! ROFLMAO
I liked that you got dressed up and celebrated with hubby.
Very cute if I do say so myself!!
Just the thought of going out in slinky clothes made me shiver!!!
I had a Pepsi neat with Richie & Jen had iced tea

Ceejay......how was work on New Years eve???
Hope it was quiet.
Did any drunks call???
Hope the weather down your way has been better than it was.
For awhile there I thought you guys would be snowed under like the north!
How are the Uncles & Aunt doing?? Have a great week.

Annie....sorry to see all that snow dumped in your area.
It's only January first too!!! There must be more out there.
You will need an outhouse for Sassy...think I said that already!
I will send you a plow for the NEW year!!

Hotcup! Happy New years to you & the new hubby!!
Glad you stopped by to say hello.
Hope this is a good year for the MS too. Thinking of you

Michelle....best to get the stuff out of there & cut the ties. Good idea.
Wishing you all the best this new year.
Glad you went out west and had a good time!!!

PATTY & ELLEN....WISHING YOU BOTH THE BEST FOR 2013.
HOPE YOU BOTH FIND THE TRAIL OF BREADCRUMBS THAT I LEFT FOR YOU GALS TO FOLLOW US HERE!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #6  

Morning all. Happy New Year to us all!

Bright and sunny here right now, and of course it's very cold out - 14 degrees! But I think it'll pop back up again to near 30 tomorrow.

Happy - Thanks for starting up our new thread. Ah, goals. I'll have to give that some thought as well.

Ceejay - Glad it's been quiet at work for you, and I hope it stays that way!! How's your shoulder feeling?

Mel - The year of the snake? But Chinese food sounds like a yummy way to ring in the new year. In fact we should get over to our favorite local place soon because I'd like them to sell me another container of oo long tea. They sold bf a container of the loose tea a while ago and it lasted me a long time, but I finally used the last of it a couple months ago. I suppose it's too much to ask that Soc. Sec. handle anything quickly and efficiently, but it would be nice if they were to surprise you. Hope the vertigo has eased up!!! I like your new avatar.

Shad - Hope all is well so far in Darwin and that the termites aren't taking over back in your first home. Sometimes it just seems like a losing battle trying to keep up the house and property against critters and weeds and the elements. Love the pic of you and the sproglet!! Too cute!

Annie - Wow, winter just started and you've already gotten so much snow! I hope Mother Nature leaves Indy alone for a while. We were by Aldi the other day, but the produce store right next to it had the avocados for 37 cents, so I got them there. How's the li'l guy today? Poor thing. Wow, you got your decorations down quickly. We always leave ours up at least until after New Year. But now I will gradually undecorate, and will probably tackle the tree this weekend. Never did get my bag of donations off to the Salv. Army. Sigh. Enjoy the time with your dad today.

Happy - The meatballs and soup sound wonderful. Did you get your discount the other day? How annoying that your would have to go back to the store to get it. Sounds like you make your NYE very special. You're right, it's a real PITA to put on dressy clothes and have to go out and freeze in the bitter cold. Nice to just stay warm and cozy indoors.

Ellen - Hope the sinuses are feeling better. Bf might have a polyp that gives him fits when he gets a cold or a lot of congestion. He's also not too keen on surgery for it. How was your NYE? Did you stay to see the band that came on after dh's??

Michelle - Welcome back home. Glad you enjoyed your time in CA. Seeing family and the warmer weather must have been a welcome change for you. Hope you can get some rest today for your lungs' sake.

Hellos to Patty & Java!!
---
Yesterday bf and I went to the museum of science and industry to use the tickets for the Omnimax theater that I'd won at work - they expired yesterday! Traffic was light, so getting there was no problem. We opted to park on the street a couple blocks away to save the $20 parking fee. Before that we'd gone to a soul food restaurant in the vicinity for lunch - bf had jerk chicken and I had oxtail, both of us had beans and rice for a side, as well as dressing for me and mac n cheese for him. Yummy.

The museum was fun - hadn't been there in forever so of course there were all sorts of new exhibits as well as some old favorites. I have to say I was glad to sit down when we finally went to see the movie in the Omnimax theater. Just not accustomed to being on my feet for long periods anymore.

I was whooped by the time we got home and after I'd taken doggy for a long walk. So I told bf I prefered to stay home (bf's plans to have a few people over didn't come together). It was very low key, and we had leftover lasagna for dinner with some garlic bread. Fine for me, but after a glass of wine, I could barely stay awake until midnight!!! In fact I took a half hour nap and woke up with a few minutes to spare!!

Nothing at all planned for today - yay. I will likely watch some more Downton Abbey. I just hope it gets a little bit more weighty because if it's all just going to be about who the oldest daughter will marry before she becomes an old spinster and why the heir can't bring himself to use a valet then it's just a bit too fluffy for me, lol. Hard to believe, huh?

Okay, off to face the music and step on the scale. I'll leave you chicks with a fitting photo from our museum visit - baby chicks from the hatchery exhibit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby chicks resz2.jpg (39.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Laura705; 01-01-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #7  
Happy September

WE SAW THIS AND THOUGHT OF YOU ANNIE!!!
JEN & I ARE BROWSING THE COMPUTER FOR PICS FOR THE SENIORS WINTER SIGNS.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #8  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

Happy New Year everyone. It's bright and sunny but very cold here. I think it got down to -12 overnight but I stayed warm and snuggly in the house. I also noticed that as cold as it's been, I've been sleeping quite soundly for a change.

Last night I watched the movie Love Actually which once I downloaded it, realized I'd seen it years ago. It was cute, sort of sappy. Afterwards I had to call DH to press lots of buttons on the remotes to get me from Internet streaming back to the regular TV. Of course I selected the option listed as ===> Back To TV <===but that didn't work because there were 4 more not so obvious buttons one had to press to get to the actual TV signal. I'm sure these things were invented by men. Once he got me rolling again, I tried to watch some of the New Year's Eve late night programs (he went back upstairs to read his book). I guess I have just hit the wall when it comes to music now. The guests were teenyboppers, a totally ridiculous looking Carmen Electra trying to sing techno rap, Justin Beeber , Taylor (is there any man out there I haven't dated yet???) Swift singing yet another of her I sang a page out of my diary songs that all sound the same. Even groups I knew like OneRepublic were performing stuff I wasn't familiar with. I did laugh a bit on the Rockin' New Year's Eve show they had Jenny McCarthy (home town girl) co-hosting with Ryan Seacrest. Apparently some guys put their name in the hat for a chance to kiss Jenny at midnight in Times Square and the crowd or Internet voted on the winner. They showed her in a liplock at midnight with a serviceman. A few minutes later they were dancing - he was chewing away at some gum like a cow chewing his cud on speed (gum chewers are gross looking). But the funny thing was, as he turned to his side he had this HUMONGOUS - almost a 3rd head cold sore on the corner of his mouth. I thought Oh Jen, whatduhyah think of kissing THAT? Ick, ick, ick. After that I turned off the TV, went and did an entry in my blog (which I've been very bad about updating) and then came down at 11:58 to get a smacker from DH who was then free to go to sleep. It has been a long standing fight between us since oh ... forever... to stay up until midnight for him. He is an early to bed guy like some of you, I'm the night owl. And as I told him I don't think it's too much to ask that ONCE A YEAR you stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve. Once I even told him that's what I get for marrying an old guy. He is 4 years older than me and we were about 28 and 32 at the time So now he knows resistance is futile and watching the ball drop in NY does not count as that is an hour before midnight where we've always been. I only had one drink, I debated about a second but I was feeling it and coupled with the heater upstairs by my computer that would have knocked me out for sure. Wasn't sure what I was going to drink so I set a bottle of White Zinfandel outside on the porch to chill, never thinking it would freeze but even alchohol will freeze at -4 degrees I guess. Retrieved a frozen bottle that proceeded to uncork itself. Almost but not quite so I let it thaw and popped it in the downstairs refrigerator for another day. And that was my hot-cha-cha new years

Laura - loved the picture of the baby chicks. There is a store here that has chicks in the spring and I love to go watch them while DH is getting his man tools. What a neat thing to do to go to the museum - but you sure were pushing it on the pass expiration, weren't you? 20 bucks to park downtown???? Geez I heard it was robbery, had no idea. Especially in that part of town which isn't exactly the downtown loop area. Your soul food dinner sounded good. I love oxtail soup - that's the only way I've ever had them - in soup. Sounds like you and BF are adventurous eaters who like a variety of things. You're certainly in the right city for that!

Mel - $1.29 raise. OMG - that is pathethically sad and funny at the same time. Even more ridiculous when you compare the benefits the lawmakers are getting for just one term. And they still are playing push-me pull-you, we won't play together games. And I guess the saddest part of this is as you say, you will have to jump through hoops for those who would like to deduct $50 from your check for that $1.29 increase. What - no Frappachino to ring in the new year? Or are you off those now? I hope a little mouse sneaks into your apartment on a regular basis and drops off random 20 dollar bills for you to find Good health and happiness to you too my friend.

Ceejay - glad it was a quiet work night for you. Are you pulling a shift today too?

Guess the rest of you are sleeping in today or having a restful morning.

Since I've been home for almost a week it did not take long for me to fall back into my old habits. And that's not the best thing - staying up until 2am and DH waking me at 9 or 10. Sitting in my pjs at the computer and not getting dressed until after 1 in the afternoon. Been more hungry too since I don't have to worry about a herky jerky stomach at work but I've been nibbling and still don't want to eat a huge meal so I am staving off the weight I lost save a fluctuating pound. When I think about quitting my job, I remind myself that there is a certain structure it forces me into which I am not so good about handling myself. Although I am mindful about being more on the ball with things. I did finish my "Christmas letter" and said if I was going to get these cards done - today was the day so I can send them out tomorrow along with some packages to mail. I also updated my blog and I'm thinking I need to pull out those watercolor pencils and how to books I bought over Christmas. Might do a load of laundry too.

Have a good day off and start the new year right no matter what you do. Which I hope for you Annie does NOT involve shovelling more snow.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #9  
Choose your hard

That's a good one Mel
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #10  

Laura
My shoulder is a bit better. It's not as painful. The baby chicks brought back a lot of memories. My grandpa raised chicken. And back then he hatched them in their back bedroom. It was neat to go over to watch the babies hatch.

Happy
I didn't have the energy to stay up last night to watch the ball drop in NY. But i did decide to have pizza. That's my usual NYE meal.

Mel
The picture is so cute. That's my next project is learning how to post graphics. It' a shame that the gov. gives you grief every time you make a little extra money. Hope your day has bee quiet.

My day has been busy to a degree. Just enough to keep me from being bored. We have been getting snow in the bootheel of missouri which is just above us. It's cold and smells like snow but not one flake, yet. It's all moving toward Annie.
Laura mention my shoulder and I'm convinced it's not a pulled muscle. My bones ache. I took a mobic and it's a lot better.
My friend who owns the furniture store thinks she has a buyer for it. We'll find out for sure next week. She's had it in her mind that she wants to go back to her home town but I'm tyring to convince her that she need to be by her daughter in Jonesboro. If she moves there I'll probably retire there also. I'd feel so displaced in Missouri. She wants to retire at 62. I can't until I'm 65. I love my sis but I don't think we'd get along that well.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
It's fair bucketing down over here in the tropics. Wet season is well and truly upon us. I wanted to go out for a drink tonight but we shall see what gives when my co-drinker is ready.

Fairly normal day at work since the worst of the co-workers are not here. Yeehaa. I didn't achieve much, but you can only do so much with absolutely nothing to go on.

Like Ceejay, I didn't stay up for New Year. When you have an early morning flight, it doesn't seem like a great idea somehow. So I will have to try and celebrate Australia day which is coming up on 26th Jan.

Mel - when I looked it up, it seemed to be the year of the dragon. Yep, you are right, I am looking skee whiff at the calendar and the snake is the right one. So what does a snake bring us??
Well according to one website, this is what I should do:
2013 Predictions for those born in the Year of the Ox
Essentially, slow moving signs will do well in the year of the ox. The ox, of course, is slow moving as his/her pace matches that of the water snake. The secret for the success for those born in the year of the ox is to match their pace to that of the snake - even if that means going just a little slower and in a more roundabout way. Both relationships and business will flourish this year for the ox. Remember, however, it is a water snake year, and there are traps ahead. Take them into consideration. Move slowly!
Oh boy. Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand!
I will send over some pics for you and Jen. Just a couple at a time so I don't clog the ethernet. I think the hands are those of the DIL

Gotta go. Be back soon. Drinks are calling.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

And I have managed to lose the 2nd half of my post. Well that's it. Packing up my bat and ball. Poop.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #13  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS.

NOT REALLY AWAKE YET. MUST BE THE ZYRTEC HANGOVER.
I PUT REPORTS DOWNSTAIRS. NOT MUCH TO TELL ANYWAY.
NEW YEARS DAY WAS SOOOO QUIET.
TOMORROW IS TRADER JOE'S SHOPPING TRIP.
HOPEFULLY ALL WILL GO AS PLANNED.
I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO SAY. TOO GROGGY.
HAVE A SUPER DAY.

HAPPY....YOU MADE ME LAUGH WITH DH & STAYING AWAKE UNTIL MIDNIGHT.
REMINDED ME OF MY EX EXCEPT THE ROLES WERE REVERSED
GLAD YOU GOT YOUR MIDNIGHT KISS!
AFTER HEARING ABOUT THE TV, I AM GLAD I WENT TO BED!!
THE INTERNET/TV CONNECTION WOULD BOGGLE MY MJND.
I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE POST-IT NOTES!!! ROFLMAO
I DID HAVE A STARBUCKS....WERE YOU PEEKING?????

CEEJAY....LOVE THE PANSY AVATAR.
THOUGHTS OF SPRING FILLED MY HEAD YESTERDAY WHEN I FIRST SAW IT.
CEEJAY....I HOPE YOU RETIRE AND LIVE WHERE YOU WILL BE THE HAPPIEST.
SO IT'S GOOD FOR YOU TO BE PLANNING & MAKING SURE.
HOPE TOO THAT YOUR FRIEND HAS A BUYER.
GOOD LUCK TO HER.

SHAD.....I FORGET WHAT YEAR I WAS BORN IN...NOT OX I THINK.
ANYWAY.....MINE BETTER SAY NO HOSPITALS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVEN WITH AN EMPTY JOB, AT LEAST IT WAS QUIET.
WHEN IT'S TIME TO BUILD THE ARK LET ME KNOW.
I CAN JUST SEE THE MONSOONS NOW!!!
DID YOU GET THE DRINK??? LITTLE UMBRELLAS???

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-02-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #14  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Here we are in the new year....it is Monday/Wednesday, thank GOD as I couldn't do more than 3 days more.

MELLIE....love love love the squirrel/nuts pix. Exactly how I feel. The news said it was 9 deg outside but my car thermometer said 7. By golly, I want my two other degrees. I actually wore a coat to work today...burr. Sassy didn't take long at all to go out and do her business. Glad the alarms were quiet. Zyrtec hangover...I am having a vicoden hangover. Had to finally break down and take one for my back/shoulder/arm pain. I think it did the trick as all are feeling good today. In the past two weeks we have had 15.5 feet of snow. I have shoveled at least that much or more. I think I am talking in circles as all of this sounds so much like random thoughts that are popping into my head. lol

SHADDIE...sorry you lost your post, I just hate that. Hi ho hi ho off to work you go...hope it is a little better this year for you. I am the year of the RAT. Now that is just gross. Why didn't they pick cuter, sweeter animals?

CEEG...you are right...we got the snow you smelled. I am so over this winterwonderlandcrap....yes all one word spoken with teeth gritted. lol These days...65 is young and early to get to retire. Lucky you!!

HAPPY...I had to laugh about DH staying up till midnight to get a smacker. haha. Let him go to sleep, set the alarm for him at midnight to wake up for the kiss and go back to sleep. C and I pretended it was midnight at 7:30 pm, locked lips, he went to bed as he had to work NYs. Lil man went to bed at 9:00, Sass and I watched the ball drop.

CHELLE...back to work for you sister...hope all the work woes are gone and it is smooth sailing. xoxo

LAURA...awwww the baby chicks...I remember a few Easters when I was a kid getting a baby chick. Of course they died before the month was over. After the second one died the next year I told my momma to tell the Easter bunny to quit bringing me chicks cause they just die anyway...lol. Your NYE sound as uneventful and peaceful as mine was.

ELLEN...Happy New Year to you and the kidlets. Lil man bout wore me out. I don't know how you do it with 3 kidlets all the time. May the force be with you.

Happy New Year to Everyone!!

Loves and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #15  

Morning
I'm feeling my age this morning. Sigh

Annie
I feel for you on the pain in the shoulder, back, arm. Sorry you are getting all that snow. I'd be tired of it too.

Mel
I'm planning on retiring at 65 if they keep this retirement age when I get there in a couple of years. Glad you had a good day yesterday.

More later