Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/180

Height: 5'8''

Default Does anyone here use vitamix juicer?

I have a blender and food processor which I rarely use so I'm reluctant to buy more appliances--especially one so expensive but I like the idea of vegetable juice that tastes yummy and helps get my nutrients in.

Anyway, anyone have any raving reviews or cautionary tales about a vitamix they can share that may help me decide?

thanks!
melfitstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't have a Vitamix but I understand it is not a juicer but a blender, an excellent one but still a blender.A juicer will be able to get juice out of apples, carrots, beets and the like, I don't think Vitamix can do that.Just my opinion from reviews I have read. I am looking for a new juicer, too.
PS I went to the Vitamix website they call it a blender and it looks like a blender, not a juicer.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-31-2012 at 11:55 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #3  

Yeah, I don't really know much about them except from what I overhead at the lunch table one day. I think they're supposed to be such powerful blenders they almost juice, thereby getting the most of your fruits and veggies. Don't juicers strip a lot of nutrients?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #4  

Can't help much in terms of vitamin retention but I use a bunch of blenders and Vitamix makes the best ones.
laila1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

yes, a blender would be (IMO) a better purchase than a juicer because it's the WHOLE fruit/vegetable, versus just the juice.

I have a vitamix and I LOVE it. Pricey, yes, but so worth it. They do shows and stuff at different stores where you can get them cheaper. I'm waiting for one in the next couple days to buy their dry carafe so I can start making flours (mostly nut flours) a bit easier.

Check out if they are having a demo near you (at the bottom of their site it will say demo locator).

I NEVER used my blender before because it just sucked. THis however, I use very frequently and I love it's large capacity.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a Blendtec, which is similar to Vitamix (my in laws have a Vitamix so I'm familiar with both). I know it's a major expense, but if you can afford it and want to improve your health, you won't regret it. I make a green smoothie almost every morning. I sometimes get tired of them and stop for a while, but I always feel better when I start my day this way. I like that it's not a juicer..it's an amazing blender that has a lot of power. That way, I"m getting every bit of the veggies/fruit and that is really quite awesome.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

I have a Nutra Bullet, which is kind of like Magic Bullet's small version of a Vitamix. It really performs quite well in doing the same thing as a Vitamix

I'd have a Vitamix if I could afford it. I've had juicers but the Vitamix serves up "whole juice," in my opinion, utilizing the whole product with all the fiber. It is, yes, a blender, but apparently a superb one.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #8  

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like I need to start saving for a vitamix!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Default look at the videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfitstar View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like I need to start saving for a vitamix!
Go to youtube and do a search for vitamix reviews there are lots of them I was looking at them the other day. I know I won't use it if I buy one.

There was one really good video that compared vitamix to I think the Nutribullet. Anyway take a look
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote