Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/180

Height: 5'8''

Default Tracking

I have tried so many different things: nutri systems (worked, but they always substituted icky food), Jenny Craig, weight watchers, calorie counting, this K system at an on the job gym, Atkins, etc... And I know one thing, I hate counting and tracking. I guess I know two things, I also have to track if I stand a chance at succeeding.

So, currently I'm using an online service called daily burn. I like them because there is a free version, there is a social networking aspect and you can track work outs. I personally upgraded, but was able to find a 20% discount code online. I think my favorite thing about this service verses others is with the upgrade I can track sodium, sugar, fiber, cholesterol, etc.. so I can set more specific goals. One of those is to eat less sugar and sodium because I think those are the two that mess with me the most in terms of cravings and mood. Also, I want to eat a lower carb diet because I'm fairly certain I have a low metabolism and it's interesting to see where carbs come from out of the foods I eat. These are all things that are behind the scenes in these other programs.

Anyway, I'm just starting again on my weight loss journey, daily burn has helped me before. I'm hoping the combination of this visibility into what I eat, and the support of people to understand here on 3fc, this will be it, for good, for ever and ever!!
melfitstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Cool! Im a huge fan of tracking apps, esp ones that have a mobile component!

I'm currently using LoseIt. Sounds pretty much the same, expect the looks like DailyBurn has some additional services they offer like exercise programs, where as LoseIt is strictly a tracker with a social aspect.

Hope it'll work out well for ya!
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/184/140

Height: 5'4" BMI-31.6=OBESE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfitstar View Post
I have tried so many different things: nutri systems (worked, but they always substituted icky food), Jenny Craig, weight watchers, calorie counting, this K system at an on the job gym, Atkins, etc... And I know one thing, I hate counting and tracking. I guess I know two things, I also have to track if I stand a chance at succeeding.

Anyway, I'm just starting again on my weight loss journey, daily burn has helped me before. I'm hoping the combination of this visibility into what I eat, and the support of people to understand here on 3fc, this will be it, for good, for ever and ever!!
ME TOO! I'm just starting out again for the upteenth time and like you I have tried all the diets out there. I have avoided counting cals and journaling like the plague. But this time something changed me. I don't know what or why but I decided that since I've tried every diet under the sun that I should at least try counting cals and journaling my food. Guess what? It's working! AND it's not as hard as I thought it would be and that's because of the great apps out there that help us.
valentine21463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/180

Height: 5'8''

Hooray, glad to hear. Thanks for sharing, every little bit helps stay on track(ing)
melfitstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/117 HW - 174

Height: 5 1

I'm on Daily Burn but just the free, if you want to you can send me a motivator request there to JosieF
Josiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #6  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I use daily burn as well, and used to have the upgraded version but let it expire.

I'm not a fan of tracking really, but I honestly have problems losing when I don't. I know the calorie count of pretty much everything I eat now, so I really wouldn't need to track anymore for that info.

There's something mentally powerful about writing down in some way everything you're eating that I can't explain.

I may stop tracking once I hit maintenance, but we'll see how that goes.

Last edited by Vex; 01-01-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm on MFP under the same name here. Anyone is free to add me.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote