Old 06-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #16  

I buy the shrimp skewers at Super Wal-Mart, they are ppeled and ready to cook. Each skewer has 5 shrimp on it. I use Old Bay Seasoning and put them on the George foreman Grill, they cook in about 4-5 minutes. I am not sure the points, but I know it is low. I love grilled zucunni squash with oinly salt and pepper as a aside dish.
Osborne60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #17  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking Shrimp Dumplings

Shrimp Dumplings with Sesame Dipping Sauce

DIPPING SAUCE
VA cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
VA cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 scallion, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Pinch crushed red pepper
DUMPLINGS
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 scallions, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons water chestnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Asian (dark) sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg white
36 (3-inch) round wonton wrappers

1. To make the dipping sauce, whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper in a bowl until blended; set aside.
2. To make the filling, process the shrimp, scallions, water chestnuts, ginger, sherry, oyster sauce, sesame oil, egg white, and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Arrange the wonton wrappers on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of each wrapper. Brush the edges of each wonton wrapper with water, then fold into half circles, pressing the edges to seal. Repeat with the remaining filling and wrappers, to make 36 dumplings. Place completed dumplings on a baking sheet lightly covered with cornstarch and cover with damp paper towels.
4. Put 8-10 dumplings in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover tightly and steam until the dumplings are cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer the dumplings to a serving tray. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.

Makes 12 Servings. Per serving (3 dumplings with 2 teaspoons dipping sauce): 99 Cal, 1 g Fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 25 mg Chol, 479 mg Sod, 16 g Carb, 1 g Fib, 6 g Prot, 20 mg Calc.
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/190/150

Height: 5'6"

WOW! This Hooters Buffalo Shrimp Recipe sounds good. I will have to make it for my husband and I tonight. Thank you for the recipe.
GooGoo1020 is offline   Reply With Quote