Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat Dec 24 - Dec 30

'Twas the Night Before Christmas . . . and all that.

Our tree is inside and decorated. As usual, once its best side was determined, it looks gorgeous in place. I didn't tell DW that I thought of all the body issue posts on 3FC when she had me turn it so the parts that stick out weren't so obvious, LOL.

My major triumph was at "Midnight Madness" at Whole Foods last night when I didn't buy a quart of 365 brand Mint Chocolate ice cream for 50% off - a whole quart for half price. Somehow the rational part of my brain figured out that I could solve a whole month of not-eating-ice-cream turmoil by simply not bringing it home. Yay for that tiny corner of the brain that is still sane.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #2  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good job, Bill.

I am going to spin class this morning before the madness begins.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! And to those who don't observe Christmas, I wish you the Best New Year ever.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas everyone!

I am feeling GREAT! Getting done with all my shopping and decorating early allowed me a day of complete relaxation yesterday! I began crocheting an afghan for DH's niece while watching the Dolphins kick some Buffalo booty!

I ran 6 miles on the treadmill and my IT Band barely made a peep!

I have been continuing my experiment to eat whatever I want and not worry about calories - have done that since Friday, and I was shocked to step on the scale this morning and see 118.0 - meaning no damage so far.

Today is Christmas with my family and tomorrow with DH's.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful couple of days, and sticks to whatever plan you have developed!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Best wishes to everyone over the holidays.

I was up early, edgy and fretting, unfortunately, concerned about making 6 AM spin class, getting to a couple grocery stores and baking a batch of muffins for my mother's enjoyment.

Now that's done, and I'm making out the Christmas cards with the cash enclosed for the apartment complex staff, an annual tradition if you've got a doorman or porter or desk attendant or superintendent who looks after you all year & does countless small but important errands, like accepting your packages and holding the door for you when you've got an armload of groceries or too many suitcases, and watching over your apartment if you're on vacation.

Next I'll be looking for some kind of Christmas concert in the area today to entertain my mother, who won't want to go downtown to the city to hear it. I wish Becky's son & his cohorts were just a little bit closer.

Hoping to get another interval, even if it's brief, of that warm Christmas-time buzz.

May you all be suffused with a feeling of well-being and goodwill toward others.

Last edited by saef; 12-24-2012 at 11:42 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who celebrate those and Happy Holidays and all the best in 2013 to those who do something else.

I am getting over my cold and am looking forward to visiting with my "cousin" and her family tonite, even if it does mean driving on the highway. Weather is supposed to be clear with a bit of flurries so we should be fine.

Just waiting for DH to come back from a walk so we can have brunch and I can lie down for a bit before we pack up and head out.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #7  
Chuggin' along...

Merry Christmas eve to those who are celebrating. I'm safely tucked away with my parents, sister, BIL, and two adorable nieces. We even got a little snow today, though I doubt it will last more than a few hours. I spent a long time today wrapping the very large gifts I bought everyone. I didn't realize what big and odd shaped gifts I'd bought until I wrapped them all at once, lol. At least the fireplace tools for BIL came in a box.

I've been working up a sweat on their elliptical machine each morning and I love it. It's a big purchase... But I think I'm going to get one. It's so convenient to have it right there.

I'm off to make colored frosting to decorate the sugar cookies per my sister's request. Have a good evening everyone.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #8  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Merry Christmas wishes to all!

Saef, hopefully this will help. It was an audience participation number, but you can still hear the descants well: http://aaboychoir.org/videos.html

Looks like it's going to be a white Christmas after all!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #9  

Merry Christmas everyone! You know, I just realized what I want for Christmas... a 2013 Maintainer's Calendar!! If someone has the energy to put together pix of us, all looking slender and beautiful in natural or otherwise beautiful settings, and send out PDFs for us to print out, I'd hang up such a calendar for daily inspiration! I can email a skinny-me picture to whomever may want to do this. We can put in a one-line description: Chris, maintainer since August 2012, on top of a 14,000 peak or whatever.... Not that I actually expect anyone to, but if someone does it would be an awesome Christmas gift!
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #10  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohr View Post
Merry Christmas everyone! You know, I just realized what I want for Christmas... a 2013 Maintainer's Calendar!! If someone has the energy to put together pix of us, all looking slender and beautiful in natural or otherwise beautiful settings, and send out PDFs for us to print out, I'd hang up such a calendar for daily inspiration! I can email a skinny-me picture to whomever may want to do this. We can put in a one-line description: Chris, maintainer since August 2012, on top of a 14,000 peak or whatever.... Not that I actually expect anyone to, but if someone does it would be an awesome Christmas gift!
What a great idea! Hmm ... a skinny picture ...
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #11  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Happy holidays everyone!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #12  

I just downloaded my first e book to my new Kindle -

Dagmar
Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #13  

I see snow shovels in the near future for those of us on the east coast - I think Bill and saef are going to be hit the hardest? We are getting my dad's old car towed away tomorrow so I will have to muster DH to shovel out a drive and move some bricks to do it. He has promised to exercise more (I did "walk" him yesterday ) but I don't want to kill him either .

Is it a big shopping day for anyone? Here Boxing Day is that biggie but I guess the Americans have been at it since Black Friday? My mother always hosted a large cold buffet on Boxing Day so I never got to go bargain shopping as I was her assistant for prep, cooking, serving, dishwashing, etc. We spent most of Christmas Day prepping and Boxing Day was always "buffet day" all day.

I bought a couple of things online yesterday as I thought it'd be quiet and there would still be stuff in my size left.

Today I'm going to go see Argo and DH is preparing a vegetarian pizza for dinner afterwards - a break from pork and ham. We didn't go overboard either on Christmas Eve or Day with the eating.

My body really doesn't like sugar anymore though, except in fresh fruit. I had two helpings of the buche de Noel and woke up at 2 a.m. feeling quite sick . I will let DH finish the leftover today - he was complaining about only getting a "few" chocolates which he inhaled without tasting on Christmas morning.

SIGH. They were Belgian and given to me by a client and they are really, really good. If you bother to taste them. As I am doing with my secret stash - one per day.

Back to exercising in the morning - yoga today!

Dagmar
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

It's the sixth day of my mother's visit, and I'm headed off to the gym in a few minutes.

I'm also supposed to meet up at 10:30 in a local coffee house with a new friend who founded & runs a not-for-profit day camp for traumatized children. We're trying to coach each other through less stress & more downtime during 2013. Already I want to cancel because of my feeling that I've got to be "on" & entertaining my mother all afternoon.

Dagmar, the weather forecast down here keeps changing, but it's been a relatively warm winter in this area thus far, so we're supposed to get decidedly mixed precipitation. They're talking snow, then slush and sleet, then steady rain. As you know, rain is my enemy, so I'd prefer a seasonal snowfall.

I suspect Bill is the one who'll get substantial snow. And my hometown Upstate will get about 18 inches, probably delaying my mother's departure.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Christmas was a bit melancholy for me without DD. She called while we were opening presents and I think she felt a little homesick. Knowing it was she that was calling, I got all teary before answering the phone. I'm sure she heard it in my voice even thought I tried to mask it.

We went to see Les Miserables at noon. Wow! What a good, good movie! If you go, take a few tissues along.

Lots of phone calls with family in the afternoon while I was making Swedish meatballs for our dinner. Those were yummy and I'll have to make them again!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote