Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #1  
HopeyyDee

S/C/G: 346/218/130

Height: 5'4

Smile My Personal 5day pouch test

Day 1: So, I've really wanted to do this for a long time. I convinced myself yesterday that I would have to wait until I went grocery shopping again in January in order to get protein powder, soups, etc...BUT then I decided that NOW IS THE TIME!!! So...I started!
This morning I had an 8oz Slim Fast Vanilla made with vanilla almond milk. Note: this probably has more calories and sugars than recommended but like I said, I'm rolling with what I have. I'm lactose intolerant since my surgery so almond milk is all I can drink, though I normally drink regular and save the vanilla flavored for my son that is on the autism spectrum. The Slim Fast powder itself hurt my stomach some, with the vitamins,minerals, and of course, milk contained in it, but it wasn't too terribly bad.
30 mins after breakfast I started drinking water, LITTLE SIPS at a time. I stopped the water at 10:45 to prepare my pouch for lunch.
Lunch time: I went with a co-worker to the supermarket and bought some Creamy Tomato Soup at Hand. It wasn't my absolute favorite thing ever, but it was tolerable, and I feel better (and WARMER lol-it's 35 here today!) I allowed myself about 20 mins to "eat(drink)" which I forgot I was only supposed to do 15, BUT I didn't even finish the soup. I'll start my water again at 12:30. I also picked up some sugar free vanilla pudding for later, and Creamy Chicken Soup at Hand for dinner tonight.
So Far...So Good

**A little background: I had gastric bypass in October 2007. I weighed 346 pounds. I lost down to about 230 hit a plateau and never recovered. I then became pregnant, had my first son in 2010, had my second son in 2011, got down to about 189 and then gained back up to where I am now which is at 218. 130 here I come!!!!!!
HopeyyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #2  
HopeyyDee

S/C/G: 346/218/130

Height: 5'4

Wink Afternoon of Day 1

Okay, well so far so good! I was talking it over with a co-worker who just so happened to have a can of protein powder at her desk she is no longer using (LUCKY ME!!) About 1:30 I had a container of sugar free vanilla pudding, started my water sips again at 2:05 and I just had a protein shake made with the protein powder right now at 3 (only because I was starting to feel a little off..)
I hope this protein powder does me better than the SlimFast from this morning because it was pretty rough on my stomach since it wasn't lactose free. Neither is this kind, but the list of ingredients on this container is much shorter.

TIPI found that talking about what I'm doing and why..reminiscing about the days when I could eat two bites and be full..is really helping me!!I also prayed and asked God to really help me stay on track because I really want this!!!

More updates later!!

GIRL ON A MISSION!!! !
HopeyyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good luck with your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

you seem to be doing the pouch test with liquids - i thought that it worked best with cottage cheese [soft, sort-of-liquid, but with texture that slows its progress through your stoma].

are you feeling OK with all the carbs you're taking in? keep us posted! this sounds like a great experiment and adventure!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #5  
Releasing the inner hiker

Going back to basics: protein first and then veggies, can be hard once those carbs sneak back in (at least for me). Good luck to you.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote