Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP daily chat. Wednesday 12-26-2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good morning friends. I hope you're all doing well and that you have a great day. I just realized today is my Dad's birthday. Happy birthday Dad. I live you. He has been gone almost fourteen years now. It's zero degrees here in Barre, VT this morning.

Last edited by usmcvet; 12-26-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Wednesday Everybody

Today is day 1 for me. I am looking forward to a new healthy me. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Joby: Happy B-day to your Daddy.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #4  

Good morning all from sunny FL
Travel went went well yesterday & planning kept me OP
Need to get the wireless code here b/c right now I'm on my phone. Have a feat OP day!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Wednesday Everybody

Today is day 1 for me. I am looking forward to a new healthy me. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Joby: Happy B-day to your Daddy.
Carol it's on! I've been kinda half a$$ the last few months. I've stayed with in 10 pounds of my loss but I've been kinda playing loose with the protocol. I know we can do this. Lets jump start this together. I actually logged on this morning hoping to see you here!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning. Going into the end of week 3 I have found that I'm starting to loose interest in veggies. The thought of eating more broccoli and zucchini is starting to repulse me. Last night I had rump roast but couldn't even do a salad. I would rather drink all my meals. This week I plan on making a Shepard's Pie with the cauliflower but I'm running out of options. I have never been a big veggie person to begin with so my choices are limited.

Anyone else having problems with this?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #7  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great and healthy Xmas!

Well, I made it through the holiday without cheating but OMG there wasn't much for me to eat! Everything was either carbs or fat!! And half of the family is on a diet! LOL I wound up bringing my own broccoli for xmas dinner, which was good because there was literally nothing that was remotely OP except the turkey!! Some of the family were giving me an attitude, like "why would you go on a diet right before the holiday?" but I know that I needed to jump in with both feet otherwise it would be too easy to keep putting it off!

My WI is tonite but I stepped on the scale and it looks like I am down another 4+lbs from last week! That would total around 10lbs in 2 weeks! Fantastic! I am soo glad that I didnt' go off plan! This weekend though is New Year's Eve and we'll be travelling to PA for the weekend.

Question...I know that I will not be 100% OP this weekend. I will drink alcohol and I will prolly eat some things that I shouldn't...Is it worth it to bring my IP food and use it when I can or will cheating just a little set me back enough that the IP foods won't really help?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #8  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Good morning. Going into the end of week 3 I have found that I'm starting to loose interest in veggies. The thought of eating more broccoli and zucchini is starting to repulse me. Last night I had rump roast but couldn't even do a salad. I would rather drink all my meals. This week I plan on making a Shepard's Pie with the cauliflower but I'm running out of options. I have never been a big veggie person to begin with so my choices are limited.

Hi Tex! Have you checked out Liz's thread on purees? There is one for mushroom, celery and garlic purees that tastes like gravy...Seriously you wouldn't even know it's mushroom based. There is also one for a "salsa" puree with red bell peppers that came out fantastic! With a puree, it only takes about a cup to equal 2 cups of veggies so it should make it easier.

Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html

Good luck!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a great and healthy Xmas!

Well, I made it through the holiday without cheating but OMG there wasn't much for me to eat! Everything was either carbs or fat!! And half of the family is on a diet! LOL I wound up bringing my own broccoli for xmas dinner, which was good because there was literally nothing that was remotely OP except the turkey!! Some of the family were giving me an attitude, like "why would you go on a diet right before the holiday?" but I know that I needed to jump in with both feet otherwise it would be too easy to keep putting it off!

My WI is tonite but I stepped on the scale and it looks like I am down another 4+lbs from last week! That would total around 10lbs in 2 weeks! Fantastic! I am soo glad that I didnt' go off plan! This weekend though is New Year's Eve and we'll be travelling to PA for the weekend.

Question...I know that I will not be 100% OP this weekend. I will drink alcohol and I will prolly eat some things that I shouldn't...Is it worth it to bring my IP food and use it when I can or will cheating just a little set me back enough that the IP foods won't really help?
Hard truth - cheating is going to cost you one way or the other. You are going to be setting yourself back if you decide to cheat, not just physically but MENTALLY. When you make a choice to cheat, you are letting the food/drink stay in charge of your decision making. Why do you "know" you won't be OP? If you have events to get through, we have ALL survived (and completely enjoyed) big events without going off plan - just in my case, I have stayed OP through three family parties, my 20th high school reunion, a summer BBQ (which was two weeks after I started the diet), Thanksgiving and Christmas. No cheats, I planned ahead and made sure I would be successful. I had a fantastic time every time, the food was never an issue and I was able to focus more on being with people and socializing.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hi Tex! Have you checked out Liz's thread on purees? There is one for mushroom, celery and garlic purees that tastes like gravy...Seriously you wouldn't even know it's mushroom based. There is also one for a "salsa" puree with red bell peppers that came out fantastic! With a puree, it only takes about a cup to equal 2 cups of veggies so it should make it easier.

Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone tried juicers? Will this count for the daily intake of veggies?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:

I've had problems like that. I found that I cycle through veggies and what I like. For a few weeks, I'm in love with different greens, then back to roasted veggies, then back to stir fries, then back to salads. I try to have lots of different types of veggies, so I don't get tired on any, although at first I did.

There are zucchini and yellow squash chips and zucchini baked apples too. And turnip and jicama fries also. Those felt really sinful to me at first, and I wanted to eat LOTS of them, but now my body can have just a cup of those and I'm fine.

Liz's purees are great too. And I put spinach in my morning shakes every day (another Liz thing, I believe , to get in some veggies (along with some lettuce). It fills me up and also gets in some veggies.

I picked IP because of all the veggies. I wanted to force myself to try all these different ones and eat lots of them, as I know that is the key to me keeping my weight off. I've found my taste buds have really changed, and I really like eating veggies now. And preparing them more simply too.

Good luck!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Carol- good luck on day 1!

Texan- I got sick of having the same veggies over and over also. So I started to try some new ones. You can make turnip fries or try roasting the cauliflower with olive oil and sea salt.

Lately, I have been putting a layer of rutabaga's under my roast in the crock pot. When the roast is done cooking, you can mash the rutagaba into a faux mash potato. It's really good that way.

Liz's gravy puree is crazy good. I had it with my turkey on Thanksgiving.

mrskuby- I haven't cheated, so I'm not sure how long it effects you on weight loss with IP. I would like to warn you that many people have posted on here how they cheated once, and have never been able to get back to 100% OP since. There is a thread about the real costs of cheating on IP in the stickies. You might want to read that before New Years.

I would think if the alcohol is one of the low carb one's, it wouldnt be so much of an issue. It's more about what kind of food you plan on eating. You've done great so far. Be smart about the choices of food if you do cheat, you don't want to ruin the momentum you have now.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone tried juicers? Will this count for the daily intake of veggies?
Lots of people drink their veggies. Some use a blender and mix it with a shake. I jut got a new blender for Christmas so I'm going to try it too. Spinach is supposed to liquefy well.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #14  
Started June 29, 2014

S/C/G: 184.5/167/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I was but I added some asparagus cooked in water first in a small frying pan until tender and then I added two teaspoons of olive oil and sea salt and pepper and cooked down until no water was left. Very yummy! Give it a try. I never ate asparagus before and now love it!

Last edited by MrPhillips; 12-26-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #15  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
The problem with juicers is that you don't get the fibrous part of the veggie. That is VERY important on a diet like IP where you aren't getting fiber from any grain sources. You are better off using purees, where you will still have the "pulp" as well as the "juice". The spinach smoothie has been a lifesaver for many folks here, because you make it in a blender you get all the good parts of the spinach but it doesn't have a negative effect on the flavor of the shake.
Closed Thread