Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Thread 12/25/2012 Christmas Day

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas everyone! Been up since 4am waiting for my husband and son to wake up...he's only 17 months so he doesn't quite "get it" yet and I'm not going to wake him, that would make for a horrible day! LOL! Not too worried about eating today, I love how for me IP just kind of takes away my interest in food, I am enjoying time with my family so much more this year not crammed around the appetizers!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates! We got bout an inch of wet snow last night so we have a white Christmas! It's freezing rain now, so we'll see how long that lasts.
DH is sick with a sore throat, headache and productive cough, so I will be visiting with his family today. Meals all planned out. His father makes an eggs benedict for brunch which I will be having without the sauce, english muffin or bacon, and he's making me sauteed mushrooms on the side. Dinner is at my MIL's house and they are having homemade ravioli with sauce that my DH made, honey ham and garlic bread. I am bringing IP rotini and cooked ground chicken breast to eat mixed together with his sauce...and a salad.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! We had our 2nd annual Christmas Eve party here and served everything from from Thai lion fish cakes, to grilled portobello mushrooms with basil and mozzarella, salmon & avocado California rolls, jerk chicken bruschetta, chicken satay, jerk chicken wings and baby back ribs. I'm happy to say that the only things I ate were a few cocktail shrimp and some zucchini - although everything looked fantastic!!

Afterwards, we went to the beach to watch fireworks and the lighting of a big bonfire on a barge off the shore. Christmas Eve is always a big thing here with music and dancing, and Christmas itself is a low key family day. I was actually the designated driver for a change since I was sticking to sparkling water with lemon last night.

My DH surprised me late last night with the most beautiful Pandora bracelet. I've looked at them for years but it was never something I considered buying for myself. It's just beautiful, and literally took my breath away when I opened the box. It was also totally unexpected since we had agreed that this trip would be presents enough for us both this year.

It's a beautiful day here ... calm winds, flat seas, and temps in the 80s. My son and his GF are out diving already and then we're just going to have a lazy, relaxing day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and the merriest of Christmases!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #5  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Merry Christmas morning from Canada!!!

Couldn't ask for a more beautiful, snowy day here. Typical Canadian Christmas

Had our Xmas last night at our daughter's, with her family. Her in-laws are in town, so they have plans with them for the rest of the week. Our son lives in Winnipeg and we had our Xmas with him last week. Glad for our time with them, but kinda lonely and missing them today. Should have had more kids I guess!!!

Cheated yesterday a bit on my diet. Will try to remain OP today. Will spend time with DH and have our Moms over for a late lunch.

Question: Do you remain true to your IP plan or do you purchase other foods?
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Question: Do you remain true to your IP plan or do you purchase other foods?
I stick pretty close to the IP plan. The only exceptions are that I often have egg whites / Egg Beaters for breakfast, and I use the EAS AdvantEdge drinks on occasion.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/6/12

Woohoo!!! Update to previous update! My son and his GF just got back from their Christmas morning dive. She was completing her advanced certification and they were on their safety stop from the dive when he pulled out a beautiful engagement ring and put it on her finger. They're both just beaming!!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Merry Christmas, everyone. Was up late last night, so still waiting for DH and DS to wake up. We're planning a nice, relaxing day with family and friends--looking forward to it. Should be no problem staying OP today as I have all my meals planned out and ready in advance. I'm determined because after 2 months on IP, I had my first "slip" last night: 10 cashews. I have no idea why, I normally can just say "no" but I even counted them out deliberately! It kind of shook me up and I not want to start down that slippery slope by letting old behaviors creep back in. So, today I'm prepared to be 100% OP.

PepperTown: I stay IP except that I often split up my protein between lunch and dinner (so sometimes end up eating more than 8 oz), I do buy Premier Protein RTD for tea and coffee and the occasional meal. I have purchased some alternative products from Nashua, but I found them to generally be too sweet for my taste so I pretty much stick to IP products despite the expense.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Best wishes for a peaceful, fun day with whomever and wherever you are today!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Bubbleblower: Congratulations! How wonderful that you're able to be there during such a special time and to be able to celebrate with them. What a great way to propose--sounds like your son is a gem!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Blessings to everyone on this glorious Christmas Day! May health, contentedness, and childlike joy be your portion today if you celebrate the birth of Jesus!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey SD, Are you from South Dakota or San Diego... or some other SD place?? I'm from South Dakota but am amazed at how many people from Cali assume that SD simply stands for SanDiego!

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm back at home after a several days at my parents. I stayed OP the entire time with no cravings for all the sweets on the table...One hurdle down. Not sure I lost anything since my WI last Friday but at least I didn't gain...!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
Hey SD, Are you from South Dakota or San Diego... or some other SD place?? I'm from South Dakota but am amazed at how many people from Cali assume that SD simply stands for SanDiego!

Merry Christmas!!
Hey Lori, we are kindred spirits! SD=South Dakota for me as well. Went to SDSU, which, if you google it, comes up as San Diego State University. That was the first time I discovered that the general population will always assume SD means San Diego. Haha!

I'm in Sioux Falls. You?

Old 12-25-2012, 01:45 PM   #14  

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Started off the day off plan, but trying to spend the rest of the OP as much as possible. Not easy since it's only about day 4 for me, but this is most likely the most temptation I will have in the next year or so. After doing a bunch of research on the boards and online, I think that the more I am informed, the more inspired I will be.

I want to thank all of you who have posted various recipes and tips (I read through the archived boards for newbies and recipes over and over - I often find things I missed the first time), as they are so very helpful. I just watched the "Big Fat Fiasco" videos. Wow - if any of you are doubtful of staying OP and getting away from the sugar - give yourself a Christmas gift and watch/rewatch them. Talk about eye opening.

Again - thanks for the support you all provide.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Merry Christmas, all! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and congrats to your son, bubbleblower!!!
Closed Thread