South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:42 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday Christmas Eve 2012

Good Morning

Managing insomnia so I thought I'd get us started since I have no idea what's going to happen later except that I have to be to work by 630am.

I did complete a long awaited project for Kirk. Several years ago I started scanning all of our photos...4000 so far. I finished up the "master file" and got it put on one of those electronic photo frames. It's in slideshow mode and will greet him when he gets up. It will be nice for both of us. Now?? Back to bed?? I promise I'll be back after work...it will be crazy busy today.

Stop and chat ....lets visit over a cup of coffee or tea

What's happening in your with all of you today?

Staying home?

Reindeer watching ?

Enjoying an elixer?

Cooking up a storm?

Heading off to work?

Whatever your plans....have a great day everyone!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Staying home? Reindeer watching ? Enjoying an elixer? Cooking up a storm? Heading off to work?
Substitute "dogs" for the reindeer and "working at home" for "heading off to work" and it'll be right for me.

I was expecting a calm and quiet day yesterday when my Ottawa trip was postponed but it was not to be. My place was like Grand Central all day and I did not get to the store to buy my veggies until late afternoon. I had to power shop since they closed at five. I did get some food prep done in the evening but today is going to be an "overdrive" day. The good news is that it's not snowing - yesterday was very stormy.

Raising my mug and wishing you all a day that's under control.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hope you're not *too* busy at work today, Debbie! Ruth, it's not a big surprise you didn't have a quiet day, is it?

I've got the corn bread going into the oven to make corn bread stuffing tomorrow, and need to mop A LOT of floors for guests coming over for the holiday. We're back to 24 people tomorrow, that makes me so happy! LOL...hopefully none of the them are too OCD about cleanliness...I do have 2 kids and 5 cats (and a husband) you know!

For now though, relaxing with my coffee. I think I'll jump on the bike for a bit when the bread is done before I start my cleaning day. I'm also scheduled to drop a gift off for the boss....date in a box! It'll be a gift card for dinner and movies, and a bottle of wine and chocolate . And don't forget Christmas Eve service tonight...gotta love the candles!

Merry Christmas Eve!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Christmas Eve!

I have the laundry going already and after breakfast I have to make our dessert for tomorrow and the corn pudding, and run over to Mom's to set the tables for this evening's dinner. Then we may go to the local mall for one of my favorite Christmas pastimes. Call me nuts, but I love to sit with a cup of coffee and people watch the shoppers doing their last minute shopping. It's especially nice, knowing all my shopping is done and under the tree. I can't be there too long, though, since I have to be back in time to cook the gnocchi and a few other things and take them over to my parent's for our Christmas Eve celebration. Mom is too frail to come to my house, so we're taking everything to her and all she has to do is sit and enjoy herself. Everyone will be coming back to my house for dessert, though, and we'll wrap up the evening with Midnight Mass.

There's a rumor going around that we're going to have a white Christmas!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Jenn -

I am working 10-2 today; took one of my co-worker's shifts when she asked since I have nothing going on tonight and have nothing left to do to get ready for the holiday. I hope it is super busy - I love that.

Yesterday was my first day of unplanned off-plan eating in months In the middle of it all, I threw out the rest of the chocolate my husband bought me and the fudge my boss gave me! Now I have to get through tomorrow and a big party on Wednesday. Such a challenging time of year.

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I was much more successful at sleeping in this morning. Even the cats cooperated. Now I'm sipping my coffee and plotting my day. Tomorrow we head to NY for dinner with the folks. It will be just a quick overnight stop then back home Wed. to enjoy more time off. Of course I have a project list for the time but haven't looked at it yet. I was bitten by the holiday cooking bug. Today I'm making another batch of the cookies to bring with us, then two or three side dishes for tomorrow (Brussels sprouts weren't part of the plan but I have some so might make them anyway).

I am deep in ruminating mood these days. It's been such a ridiculous year. I am reminded again that life is completely unpredictable and most of what happens is outside our control. There is at least as much joy and happiness as there is sadness and loss and the trick is just remembering there will always be balance, making the most of the good moments and holding on to hope in the dark ones.

Ruth - I turned the cranberry crunch into Christmas crunch - used both cranberries & apricots (and 50% more), some nutmeg, cardamon & a small bit of orange extract in the chocolate. I wanted to make it prettier Next year I might add orange peel instead of extract, just for a little more color.

Now to get some breakfast and plan something fun before I get into heavy cooking mode.

ETA - Jenn - so sorry about your news. For some reason I completely misread on facebook and thought you were set. I know something will turn up for you, something that you will love. You are obviously incredibly talented.

Last edited by CyndiM; 12-24-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #7  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! I have two weeks off from school and so am starting back again. I just wanted to stop in and say hello and good wishes for the holidays.

Jenn -- I was so sorry to read your news, especially at this time of year. I'm sure you will find something soon.

Hello to Debbie, Ruth, Twynn, Karen, Cottage and Cyndi and I hope you have a good time doing Christmas-y things. I don't do much at Christmas except go out to dinner with friends (which is fine). For me, it's a chance to recover from the first semester, clean and straighten, and start working on the second semester. And READ
Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good luck to you Jenn! Merry Christmas to all of you. This year has been topsy-turvy for me, but I have hopes, that there are brighter days ahead! Lentils are suprisingly, filling! Today is my last day of Phase 1. A friend gave me oranges, so I'll have one of that tomorrow! You are all in my prayers.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hello

I got back from my daughter's yesterday. She had a lovely little boy, called Luka James weighing 8lbx 9oz. He was 7 days late but picked 12.12.12 to be born. What a rush it was to get to the hospital with is about 45 minutes from home. She checked in at 5:40 and he was born at 6:21. What a cuddly teddy bear he is.
Christmas here will be very low keyed but that's o.k.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas or Holidays and the best in the New Year.
take care
Sophie
I am going back soon, don't know when, her mil is staying for a while with them.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congratulations Sophie, such wonderful news!!! Love the name too!

Jenne I'll keep my fingers crossed a new and better job comes your way soon.

Sorry so late today, my DS and I celebrated Christmas today. He is napping currently lol. I should be the one napping as I am working the overnight tour tonight. He enjoyed his gifts even though we had to exchange the BIG Crafstman toolbox as it had a manufacturing defect. He took it in stride. I had a little melt down after we got home. Clumsy me dropped my very expensive hair dryer on the floor. Totally killing it and causing it to smoke heavily. Thankfully no fire or outlet damage. It took me over two hours to dry my hair using a flatiron. Oh well I rush ordered a new one, so hopefully I won't need to wash my hair until it comes in (my Christmas gift using a little holiday money received)

Getting ready to start dinner. Keeping it simple grilled chicken with bacon and Swiss plus mixed veggies. Tomorrow Joe is coming for dinner. I will indulge in dessert tomorrow, but then I am done. My weight is holding despite the very poor choices I have made the past two weeks. I really believe exercising regularly is helping me maintain.

Enjoy your time with family and friends today and always
Closed Thread