South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Winter Solstice Weekend - Dec. 22 & 23

Good morning - nearly missed it but the days start getting longer today. It actually seems to me that it stays just as dark in the mornings until mid-January but I guess it's psychological.

Yesterday I did not budge out of my house as we were in a blizzard most of the day. I did get lots done but today I must venture out. I have library, bank, florist and grocery store to visit. I must hit the drugstore too as I have an earache - the first in about ten years and I have not missed it!

I did a lot of pre-cooking and freezing for the Christmas Eve party but still have lots to do. No baking is needed though as Claire is bringing me a huge plate of her goodies. I am off to Ottawa to have a Christmas brunch with my son, DIL and my grand daughter Taylor so there will be no cooking time tomorrow.

Today? A bit more wrapping plus all the other stuff - topped off with a birthday dinner party tonight. I'm planning to take some gifts with me to distribute as there sure will not be any time on The Eve.

Such a hustle and bustle time - but I love it!

So what's going on in your life? Peace or panic?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hustle and bustle is right! I absolutely love Christmas and all the festivities that we celebrate with it, but I've been hitting the bed exhausted at the end of the day.

I hope you get something to give you relief from your ear ache, Ruth. I've discovered that a drop or two of peroxide mixed with olive oil really seems to help immensely. I bet Delta looks lovely wrapped in it's white blanket of snow, but take care out there.

I have to run out today for a few stocking stuffers for Amber. When we were wrapping presents yesterday, we discovered we had plenty for Tyler and Carley, but nothing at all for Amber's stocking. It should be fairly easy to take care of that, though. Then this afternoon we may run over to NJ for my granddaughter, Carley's, birthday. She'll be 8 years old tomorrow but my DD is having her party today.
Tomorrow, both my SILs and a friend are coming over to help make gnocchi for our Christmas Eve dinner. It's lots of work, but we'll make it fun.

I hear the wind gusting and blowing against the windows, making me thankful I can curl up on the sofa with my hot coffee this morning.

Have a great day, and take care!
Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Ruth - Yeah for days getting longer!!!! I hope your ear feels better soon.

Linda - I have to make a list of the stuffers and gifts or I forget what I bought! Sometimes I can't find what I hide

I am heading out to Costco when it opens to pick up some prescriptions and hopefully beat the crowds. I work 2-7 today. DH and our son are going to the KState game tonight so when I get home I'll catch up on some chick shows that I've got recorded.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all you chicks! Ruth, a blizzard!?!? Darned, I'm jealous! Cottage, glad you enjoy the hustle and bustle since you're so busy. Looks like my daughter is one day older than your granddaughter! Karen, hope work is not too bad today. Enjoy time with your son.

For me, it is my LuLu's birthday! (don't worry, that's her nickname) It is all about her today (ummmm, most days are ). We're doing pottery this morning, Chen's mongolian buffet for lunch, and getting her ears pierced this afternoon. And she can have anything in the world she wants for supper, and she wants....ravioli. Really??!

My coffee just beeped, the morning can now begin....
Old 12-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Peaceful here, Ruth. Thanks for getting us started and have a great day....I hope your earache subsides, though.

Twynn, Happy day to both you and LuLu! Love her choices for the day, especially getting her ears pierced.

Linda, enjoy your BD day, too!

Karen, hope it's busy at work and that you enjoy your relaxing evening...solo.

We've been up for awhile puttering around. I'm down to 1/2 hour before work. I think I'll vacuum the bedroom while DH is out in his shop....he'll be back in very soon.

Have a great day, ladies, and find a moment for yourselves!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I slept in a little, as much as the animals would allow. Now I'm enjoying some coffee and resisting the fruitcake. I found a nice recipe for a gluten free fruitcake with real dried fruit not that scary stuff. Only 1 T of added sugar but it does have dates in it. So good, moist and not too sweet, perfect with coffee.

Ruth - Sounds like you have a lovely few days ahead.

Cottage - My Mom used to make gnocchi when we were kids.

Karen- Hope the work day isn't too exhausting. bet it will be crowded

Twynn- Happy birth day to all!

Debbie - hope you find a little time for yourself too

We are missing most of the snow but getting the wind. I'm making a turkey dinner today. Christmas at Mom's is all Italian so we will do turkey, mashed cauliflower, brussels, roasted butternut here today. Luckily I have an old gas stove so even if the power goes off dinner will be ready.

I wonder how many extra minutes of daylight we get today?
Old 12-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Looks like about 2 minutes where you are, Cyndi. Being farther North, we get more! Here's the link.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Ruth I hope you feel better soon. Cottage enjoy the BD party. Karen I laughed at your post! I too hide gifts too well at times. Tammy your DD and my son agree on BD dinner of Ravioli. He likes his without sauce! Debbie you are always getting thing accomplished, love your energy. Cyndi your dinner sounds delicious!

Late night then was awaken by a call from my ex husband complaining about my DS's attitude this morning. Followed by a text from my sister canceling our family dinner because she has the flu. Wished she would have told me sooner as I "guilted" my son into getting someone to cover him at work so he could go today. Hopefully we will get together next Saturday or sometime in January. At least DS will be with me for the weekend. I have to take him shopping for a Christmas gift for his dad. Perhaps a clock so he stops calling me before 7am lol. Also, DS has to get a gift for his work secret Santa. They have a party after work tomorrow. He goes back to his dad on Christmas Eve and I go to work that night. Not sure when I will see Joe for Christmas. He is fortunate to have both if his kids with him this year. He did invite me, but knowing how rare it is for the three of them to be together I declined.

We had a really good time in the city. Today I will try and undue some of the damage lol Enjoy your day
Old 12-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mmmmfff. That's my pre-holiday check-in. January 2 I'm making some changes. Ashamed of my pics from Christmas... Starting to morph slowly into my old self, mostly in the face and stomach so far, and it upsets me. I'm actually still in bed. Probably should try to move some today before we go to a friend's Christmas party tonight.

Moo.

Merry Christmas weekend though.

Lisa the Christmas Whale
Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Twynn, Happy Birthday! I went food shopping yesterday, as I'm closing in, on Day 14. See you, all on Monday!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #11  

Good morning! Coffee, anyone?

It's still calm and quiet here while I'm enjoying my morning coffee, but that won't last. We're making a quick run over to NJ to surprise Carley for her birthday, and have to be back before my sister-in-laws and some friends come over to help make gnocchi for tomorrow's Christmas Eve dinner. It's a lot of work, but there will be wine to keep us happy!

What's everyone doing today?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Linda! I'm not sure I've ever had gnocchi, and it's probably not something I should try to add to my list of things I like to eat.

DD had a fabulous bday. She about cried getting her ears pierced, but she was a real trooper (although they almost didn't get the second one in because she was scared then!!). We also went and painted pottery, which was a great time.

Today - my house is a sty, and I'm having 20 people over from church on Christmas, so I best get cleaning!!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Beach Babes! Linda, I have never had gnocchi either and seem to have had almost every kind of pasta possible. If it's made with potatoes, is it still considered pasta? Tammy, good for your DD! Pottery painting probably cured the owies.

All is calm here and we have puffy Christmas snow falling. Too bad as today is my drive to Ottawa Day. I can't very well cancel as Tayler is looking forward to it. Donna is coming to clean today so my dogs will be well looked after. I also have all the presents wrapped and loaded in the car so ... I'll drive carefully and be sure I leave well before dark as driving in a snowstorm at night is very scary!

Raising my mug in a toast to the Sunday before Christmas.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Safe travels, Ruth!

I'm heading downstairs to make chokecherry jelly and I won't linger this morning since I already have water boiling on the stove.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #15  

Ruth, please DO take extra care driving on those snowy roads today, and have lots of fun with your family. How's your earache?

Tammy, lol, your DD having her ears pieced reminds me of when Monica got hers done. It was her 7th birthday and we were living in Augsburg, Germany at the time. A friend and I had reservations at a fancy restaurant for a special lunch for the 3 of us, and Monica was so excited to be finally getting her ears pierced, which she had been begging for ages, so we did that first. After they pierced the first one she totally freaked and ran around the jewelry store screaming. People walking by on the sidewalk were peeking in with horrified looks and probably remarking on us "crazy Americans", LOL. We did finally get her to sit and get her other ear pierced, but all through lunch she refused to speak to me. When she finally got a glimpse of her pretty new earrings in the mirror after we got home, she came out all smiles and gave me a big hug. We still talk about that day.
Closed Thread