Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Default What about loose skin

I'm curious...my tummy is really starting to look pretty saggy. My center says I can't weight train until I reach my goal...only cardio. I take all the supplements they sell. I ride my bike when I can.

Will this tighten up eventually?? I read a article once that it takes about a year for your skin to catch up to a fast weight loss.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #2  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Lots of post on this. May want to search loose skin
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #3  

Thanks...I must've missed it.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #4  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Wow, you've lost over a hundred pounds and you're just starting to notice some sagging skin on your tummy?! Consider yourself lucky! Maybe I'll post a picture of my tummy later today... *lol*!

But all joking aside, body issues after weight loss are something that many of us in the weight loss community struggle with. It can be such a bummer to finally be thin, but still not have the body we always dreamed of. Matter of fact, I was just telling my husband yesterday that I understand now how some of my friends can seem unsupportive of my weight loss by making comments that I'm getting too thin and don't look healthy. It's because of the loose skin. It doesn't give an overall appearance of health and vitality. I'm happy for now that it's winter and I look fantastic with clothes on and fully covered up. One day at a time.

A few weeks ago I did a bit of research on-line and found information suggesting it can take up to two years for skin to tighten up. I'm personally not holding out any hope that my stomach will ever be any better (without surgery anyway) but since personally I've had three babies, I can look at that spot and say "That's where my babies grew". Although I do know women personally who have had that many children and more and their tummies show no sign of it! But whatever. Genetics come into play here too folks. And I gotta take personal responsibility - I shouldn't have been two hundred pounds with each of those pregnancies.

Anyway, I think what WannaB2cute was meaning was that on the forum as a whole, there are lots of discussions on loose/saggy skin. I haven't seen it pop up here in the MRC subsection since I've been around (which isn't long).

Congrats on your progress so far!

Last edited by Going4Fit; 12-20-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

Well you have to do ab workouts to tighten.
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #6  

yuppers...I wonder if the supplements I'm taking for elasticity are helping. I've taken MSM since day one. I added BioSil for my hair but it's suppose to help with skin elasticity too. I never did find the skin forums on MRC thread..but I did on the other threads in the community. I did like you and googled it. I'm glad you found 2 years..I only seen one year for skin to catch up with fast weight loss. Oh well, when I get to my goal I will be a gym rat with heavy weights and see what I can do :-) I was told by the makeup clerk at dillards this weekend that my skin is dehydrated. I wonder how that can be when I drink gallons of water a day. She said at my age (45) sometimes the fluids get blocked and never reach the skin...hmmm. Oh well, I would rather be bald, wrinkled up and normal size and happy than fat...I can wear a wig and hide the saggy skin...I can't hide fat hahahaha

Last edited by Keylani; 01-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.