Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/20/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! It is a very rainy morning here outside of Chicago. They are expecting it to turn to snow and blizzard like conditions just in time for my commute home =( I'm thinking I will leave work early today, maybe at noon.

Tomorrow is our work holiday lunch and they are having a dessert contest. I was a little angry with that part when they sent out the invites a couple of weeks ago. We've been on paycuts here since August 1st, and they want us to bring the desserts?

I love baking so I decided to bake something anyway. I'll have to have my kids and husband taste test it for me since I haven't made this recipe before.

Have a great 100% OP day!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ok all you beautiful ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish you all a fabulous week....and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
taking a lap top so might get some air time...but if not, know that you are all in my thoughts and THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT this past year!!

i am over the moon excited about the prospect of seeing some S.N.O.W.!!!!

VERMONT.......HERE I COME!!!! OK LITTLE MOOSEY MOOSES....I am gonna be looking for U!!!!

leaving 2nite...first stop....DC....then on to LADY LIBERTY!!!

see ya soon brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and mother nature...PLEASE KEEP SENDING THE SNOW TO VERMONT!!!

i'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! Just a quick hello - hope everyone is well!

Rainbow, have a fantastic trip and hope you get your snow!! Merry Christmas to you, too!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning. I finally got my signature ticker today. I couldn't decide on what to put as my starting weight but opted for when I started OP.

You see, this summer I hit my highest weight in my life at 238. I visited my parents and looked at my dad and saw a 285 lb man and a look into what the future holds for me. It scared the SH&t out of me. I knew I had to do something to stop the process. I started using the calorie counter on "My Fitness Pal" and lost 7 pounds over 4 months. A really good start but not the results I was hoping for. I started to get depressed over another possible failed attempt at a diet.

I turned to my Doctor for advise and answers. He knew I had hit rock bottom and said that he was putting me on IP. So the rest is on my Weight Tracker and this amazing journey begins. And I get to share it all with you...My IP Family....Happy Holidays
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #6  
Hangin in!

S/C/G: 169/159/140

Height: 5'6

I cheated two days like crazy chocolate shortbread ribbon candy and now i feel like crap....why do i keep doing this!!!!!! im very frusterated!! help.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Good Morning. I finally got my signature ticker today.
Oh!!!!! I want a ticker too!!! I thought I'd have to wait longer, but maybe not!!! Off to check around ....

ETA: Looks like I have to wait until after Christmas.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 12-20-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Default Onderland!!!!!

I am doing cartwheels this morning because I am now out of the 200s! I still find myself very nervous to part with clothes that are too big (unless I really hated them anyway) because of fear that I will fall off and rebound to a higher weight. But, I am building confidence that I will manage by reading about all of you that are so successful with lifetime changes using IP. Thanks for all of your writing here, support, and willingness to share. There is no IP coach in my area (I'd have to drive 2 hours each way.) I only learned about IP through all of you on 3FC and how to do the program using alternatives. Thank you so much!

I have been so hungry the last 2 weeks. So, my plan today as follows: I just ate IP Oatmeal for breakfast and am having coffee with my 1 oz milk. I will drink my water throughout the day. I will have a salad and ProtiDiet pizza at lunch. I will have 1 non-restricted IP snack food late afternoon. I will have salad with cucumbers and tomatoes and chicken with taco-style seasoning for dinner with my minerals. I am super tired today due to my dog keeping me up very late last night (she is elderly and not feeling well right now). I am also achy with fibromyalgia and stressed about some writing I need to finish (last Friday, yikes!). If I cannot manage with my IP plan, I will eat extra lettuce with WF dressing and take a walk or fold laundry.

A1Texan, in spite of your location and user name (I'm Colts fan) I'll congratulate you on the ticker and the great first week loss. I find it terrific that your doctor had an actual response when you discussed your concerns about weight with him. I've been overweight since I was in preschool. And in spite of bringing it up with most of my many many doctors, only one ever had any sort of useful response. (Her response wasn't actually a good fit for what my body apparently needed, but I still credit her with being prepared to help patients with overweight and obesity and being educated and willing to spend the time with her patients to discuss it.)

IPDivaJen, wishing you a Merry OP Christmas as well!

LuluBelly, what is your plan today? What do you expect to be times when you will be at risk to deviate from your plan? What will you do or say at those times? (My answers are above. I'd love to read yours! ) You can do this!!!! Do it for yourself so you have one day less to be defeated by not being on plan!

Ragdoll74, good luck on the company function. I wasn't brave enough to endure my department's holiday party (pitch in), so I just manufactured an unexpected meeting instead. Good luck!

RainbowSmiles, hope you have an amazing trip. I've been inspired by your travel kit and will be putting something similar together for my holiday travels. Thanks!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 12-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #9  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone. Rainbow hope you have a great snowy visit to Vermont. Just wi this am only lost 1 lb. a little disappointed but it did feel like a slow week for me. Hey the bright side is I am down 25lbs in 5 weeks. Woo Hoo....

Last edited by Sammie12; 12-20-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Congrats on the first week weight loss and ticker A1Texan!! I'm looking forward to a loss at WI tomorrow before hitting Disneyland
Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I am doing cartwheels this morning because I am now out of the 200s!
CONGRATS, Fitchick! No 'future' modifier needed! And get rid of the clothes... you know you never want to go back and you know how to keep that from happening, so chuck the big stuff... let someone else enjoy them cuz YOU WILL NEVER NEED THEM AGAIN!!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelly View Post
I cheated two days like crazy chocolate shortbread ribbon candy and now i feel like crap....why do i keep doing this!!!!!! im very frusterated!! help.
It's so hard...but I've found that if I keep a restricted snack in my purse, that has helped. The Cinnamon Apple puffs have been a good snack this time of year. Also, I carry around a bottle of water EVERYWHERE so when I feel like I need a snack, I have a big drink of water to see if that will fill me up and stop the craving. I know that is boring, but it has helped me stop cheating. I'm sure we have all had one of those days (I broke down and had a few bites of apple pie that everyone was raving about ), but maybe just think about how you didn't feel well afterwards and that might be a good deterrent!

Last edited by jlnelson; 12-20-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
It's so hard...but I've found that if I keep a restricted snack in my purse, that has helped. The Cinnamon Apple puffs have been a good snack this time of year. Also, I carry around a bottle of water EVERYWHERE so when I feel like I need a snack, I have a big drink of water to see if that will fill me up and stop the craving. I know that is boring, but it has helped me stop cheating. I'm sure we have all had one of those days (I broke down and had a few bites of apple pie that everyone was raving about ), but maybe just think about how you didn't feel well afterwards and that might be a good deterrent!
I love those Cinnamon Apple puffs! Those are YUMMY and always satisfy my craving for sweets.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Rainbow- Hoping you have a great time in snowy VT!

A1Texan- hooray on getting the tracker. I also need your states football teams to do well this week. I made it to my fantasy football leagues Superbowl and need big fantasy points from Texans defense, Tony Romo and DeMarco Murray.

lulubelly- Take it one temptation at a time. Just tell yourself not right now when you are tempted and walk away.

futurefitchick- welcome to onderland! Timet to let go of the fear and past, and dump the big clothes. My husband is from central Indiana, so we are also Colts fans.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #15  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I love those Cinnamon Apple puffs! Those are YUMMY and always satisfy my craving for sweets.
i love them too!!! sometimes...i get an itty bitty bowl and an itty bitty spoon and my 2 oz milk and add those yummy cinnamon apple puffs and i feel as happy as any HAPPY JACK!!!!
Closed Thread