Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #1  

Default I need a WW refresher

Hi all! Ok so I decided to start WW again after an 11 year hiatus. I don't have the money to do the actual prog so here I am. I did some research yesterday trying to refresh my memory, I got a points calc for my phone and a food journal app. I've figured out my points allowance. What I DO know (and I know a lot has changed) is I remember the journals they had before there were certain food groups you were supposed to have a certain amount of a day, I'm pretty sure it was 5 servings of fruit/veg and 6 glasses of water. Was there a number on dairy too? Thats my main question... any other advice or suggestions you would like to add would be really helpful.... I'm feel like this is mostly blind ambition. Oh and I have a WW food scale too. Haven't gotten to use it yet but it's only day 1.
nextsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #2  

Thanks thats so helpful! Here's another question. I thought I saw somewhere that diet soda is out. Now I know its still bad for you but I don't drink more than two a day. Does WW have a daily limit for it?
nextsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Diet soda isn't out - I think unofficially they'd prefer people don't drink it, but there isn't a limit.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158.8/158.8/128.8

Height: 5'5"

Hi Nextsummer, I'm coming back to counting the Flex Points after several years off myself. Which food journal app are you using? Maybe we can be buddies and support each other.
outofideazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 11"

I'm in the same boat as you! after a hiatus on the program, I am back and doing it at home - I feel like WW has just increased its prices beyond what I'm willing to pay for the service Also, I am not a huge fan on the PointsPlus program - I was just never able to get into it like I did the Flex/Momentum plan. So, what I've done (and what you might want to think about doing too!) is gone on eBay and bought some of the momentum program materials that I stupidly threw away when I started PointsPlus. So far, I have a cook book, the complete food guide, a pocket tracker, and am bidding on the calculator and pedometer as well. It's an inexpensive way to get the tools I need to really do this best; thought you might like to know!

Good luck
Ready2Lose2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

I started on my own last Monday. I can't afford it. There are tons and tons of resources online. I am using two iPhone apps sold in the app store. Fooducate, its great for scanning foods and their barcodes. It automatically tells you what the ww points are per serving. By far my favorite scanning app. I keep up with my points and exercise using Pts. Plus Diary. There are several out there, but it's the easiest one that I have found. I also use a website called justdietnow.com They have tons and tons of point values already figured out. Including 0 point and 1 point food lists. I use all 3 of those tools every day. Today was day 7 for me. I've done really well so far. I wish WW would make it more affordable. I feel like it's more about the money than it is being healthy. Especially since it really is such an easy program!
Good luck! You can message me if you have any more questions!!
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksoitsjen View Post
I keep up with my points and exercise using Pts. Plus Diary. There are several out there, but it's the easiest one that I have found. Good luck! You can message me if you have any more questions!!
On this program, does it let you add points on the run, without using it's database? Some food I eat, I just use the calculator and add it to my journal.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220.5/185/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosbabe View Post
On this program, does it let you add points on the run, without using it's database? Some food I eat, I just use the calculator and add it to my journal.
Yes. But the database included is super easy to use. It also has a calculator and you can input the points directly into your food diary. The database has so much stuff in it. There aren't many thing I look up that aren't there. I use it all day. Best app I've used aside from Fooducate. It has a great scanner! I use it when I'm grocery shopping because it scans and automatically tells me how many points it is per serving.
oksoitsjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Day 10

Points at home is not easy, but its NOT Everest! Well, I have been exercising at least 30 min a day, but mostly 1hour a day. I I only have taken 1 Sunday off, but I don't think I will do that again. It's only a very small part of my day. I have been stocking up on 0 point meals, like the cabbage soup. The only problem for me so far is...that my boyfriend and I live with another couple and the other couple are NOT eating healthy at all. Now we have separate shopping trips and kitchen time has become an issue. So I am trying to prepare several days worth of meals three times a week. I am sure it will get easier as we get to know which recipes we really like. It's a lot of work!
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/324/150

Height: 5'4

I too am doing the points plus at home. I cant bring myself to paying for the classes so I bought an app for my phone. It was 2.99 one time!!!! And it is awesome! It is called Ultimate Food Value Diary. It goes right along perfectly with weight watchers. It is a diary, calculator, exercise calculator, weekly tracker, progress charts and more!!! It seriously makes it so easy. Half the time I dont even feel like im on WW but then the scale shows me otherwise!!!

Last edited by Avasterme; 02-03-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Avasterme is offline   Reply With Quote