View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Happy Canuk

I see you are Canadian as well, just at the opposite end than me lol I live in Alberta. I didn't think that wheat was a problem for me at all, but then I watched the Wheat Belly guy that wrote the book. He was on Dr. Oz, and I found it very interesting. Had already not been eating it. Dr. Oz did a test for all to see: To see if it was true or not. He had a few women eat a sandwich for lunch, then tested their blood sugar levels; The next day, he had the same women eat a chocolate bar and did the same test again. He was amazed that their blood sugar level was higher from the bread than from the chocolate bar. It is the higher blood sugar that stores the fat. I don't think I have lost one ounce from NOT eating starches or sugar, so I don't know what to do next. I believe it is the Beta Blocker that I have to take for the Atrial Fibrillation that interferes with the way your blood sugars work.

I love pasta as well, but after eating it, I feel bloated.

I guess the best thing to do, is leave all additives alone. I do no that MSG is a real problem for me, as it gets my heart palpitating and causes a migraine. I think as wel learn more and move forward, we all find out what our triggers are, especially those of us who can't take meds.

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote