Old 12-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 324/291/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Is Ballet Ok in Phase 1

So over the last couple of months I've lost 30lbs which is great but I am starting to lose focus. I've been getting really depressed. Nothing fits it's either too big or too small so I no longer feel pretty. I want to take a beginners ballet class once a week for an hour and I want to know that I won't die or pass out or something because of it.
BeautifullyTragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifullyTragic View Post
So over the last couple of months I've lost 30lbs which is great but I am starting to lose focus. I've been getting really depressed. Nothing fits it's either too big or too small so I no longer feel pretty. I want to take a beginners ballet class once a week for an hour and I want to know that I won't die or pass out or something because of it.
Regardless of your fitness level, you should wait three weeks or so for your body to adjust to the diet before picking up exercise again. The low calories and lack of carbs can be a bit of a shock to the system - and remember this diet was originally designed for athletes (and the French Ballet) to be able to retain lean muscle mass while NOT exercising in the off season.

That said, if it will make you feel good, there's no reason not to re-introduce some exercise after week 3 or so. It won't increase your losses or speed things up, but there's something to be said for things that just plain make you happy. IF you decide to give it a try, you need to add a packet within 1/2 hour of finishing your class - your body will need the extra fuel from a 4th packet to aid in muscle recovery. Pay attention to your body, if you add the packet and are still overly fatigued or dizzy, you may need to lower the intensity of what you are doing.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote