Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

Default Fibroid tumor and diet

I have a fibroid tumor in my uterus that is starting to really mess with my period . I don't want to have surgery and really don't want to go on birth control. Has anyone tried eating a "fibroid diet" to help symptoms and been successful with it? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Amy
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #2  

Have you considered natural progesterone? Although that didn't make my tumor go down it had amazing effects on my flow (lighter) and seemed to bring my period back to where it was when I was younger... 5 days firm, 26 days apart.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #3  

Hi Ann! What brand do you use and where did you get it? Not to be personal, but did it affect your sex life? Sorry if that is too personal.
Thanks for replying.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #4  

I'm sorry you are dealing with this.

I started taking Megace over the summer for endometrial cancer, which isn't the same as fibroids (thank God for you!) but I thought I'd chime in about progesterone in case it may help you.

I take 40mg x 4 a day (every 6 hours). As far as I know, it's considered the max. dose doctors will prescribe. I was warned about weight gain (I lost all my weight since I started the meds so that didn't apply to me, gaining weight is the last thing I needed), have to be active due to the blood clot risk (which also helped with my weight loss), and of moodiness/depression/lack of sex drive.

I can honestly say that the lack of sex drive is the only thing that applied to me (I was already a little moody to begin with so who can say if it's the meds lol). I am not sure if it's the meds causing the lack of sex drive or the stern warning from my OB/GYN to make sure I don't get pregnant while taking the progesterone as it causes birth defects. So between the sadness of the cancer and the fear of God not to get pregnant (which I 99.9% can't anyways due to the cancer tissue anyways), I wasn't and am not rearing to go at all. Definitely affected whatever controls the urge but also stopped the bleeding which halted activities anyways. But the meds definitely have something to do with it I think.

I'm sorry if this is TMI but anything I can do to pay it forward with my experience on these meds I'd be happy to. There aren't a whole lot of young women (I'm 37) out there being treated with these meds to get a whole lot of feedback online or otherwise.

Good luck with your fibroids, I hope you get some relief soon.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchick36 View Post
Hi Ann! What brand do you use and where did you get it? Not to be personal, but did it affect your sex life? Sorry if that is too personal.Thanks for replying.
If I had a sex life... but my sex drive went through the roof - I had to cut back so I didn't jump a random stranger. I got it on Amazon.com

Emerita Pro-Gest Natural Progesterone Cream, Paraben-Free, 4-Ounce Tube
Offered by AmericaRx

Read the reviews to see if it is right for you. I have had no problems with it.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRue View Post
but my sex drive went through the roof - I had to cut back so I didn't jump a random stranger.

This made me smile. And get a little jealous lol.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #7  

elvislover324- Sorry you are dealing with so much too. I have read that taking Progesterone can cause weight gain and lack of sex drive. I know too that the results/side effects can depend on the person. If you don't mind me asking how are you doing? Is the medicine helping to reduce or get rid of the cancer? I am 37 also and that seems way too young to me to be going through what your going through.

AnnRue LOL!!!!! I have a strong sex drive and very active sex life with my husband (sorry if tmi). I would rather gain more weight than lose the desire to have sex I'll look on Amazon at the cream and the reviews.

My husband jokes with me all the time about how I have a period every two weeks. Sometimes it really does feel that way.