Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 03:39 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking ONE-WEEK challenge #2 -- Come on in!!

Hello, everyone, this is part two of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!!

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! PLEASE, join me!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:40 AM   #2  
Never give up

Lightbulb RECORD BOARD

This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

ONE-WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGERS

(there will be one for each successful challenge, and you decide whether you earn it)

** friendsforfitness: (walk briskly for no less than 20 mins. daily + only fruit or diet jello for dessert)

redballoon: (no eating ('cept for protein drink) after 6 p.m. 3x/week

** PhotogirlTX: (two sessions of cardio daily; 1 hr. in afternoon, 30 min. late + ONE diet cola only this week)

** brunissen: (max. 10,500 cals/week, expend min. 3,500 cals/week, 160 oz. water/daily, no eating after 8 p.m.)

** M.N.J.:
(crunches on exercise ball 3-4x/week)

** Sandybrat:
(yoga 5x/week, no eating after 7 p.m. 3x/week)

Eydie: (no homemade cookies at work, one exercise video daily)

** jackieO: (no chips, workout before office min. 3x/week, no starchy carbs after 3 p.m. 6x/week)

** happy dance dot (no WW flex points for this week, only designated points)

** Southern Butterfly: (no candy at work, workout 3x/week)

** Aquareggie: (one week of vegan food only)

Last edited by redballoon; 09-28-2003 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:05 AM   #3  

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Well, I am pumped and ready to succeed this week! I also wanted to add a second challenge for myself if it's not too late. I plan on only eating fruit or diet jello for dessert this week. I am so bad about needing a sweet after dinner. Usually I eat a weight watchers dessert or a popsicle. Eventually I want to be at the point where dessert is a once a week treat, but I am starting small so for now it will be just fruit or diet jello.
Wish Me Luck and Good Luck to all of you!

Lisa
Old 09-22-2003, 08:27 AM   #4  
Never give up

Talking friends is the first one IN!!

Yoo-Hoooo!! friendsforfitness is joining up, toute suite! When you say you want to add a second challenge do you mean in addition to what you planned for last week? I had just listed them on the record board to show what people had done. If so, I'll add it to your walking min. of 20 min/daily, right?

I think that's a very, very good way to do things, a little step at a time. Little steps may be little but they're not trivial, they're BIG in meaning. Good luck!

OK, for now I'm going to repeat what I did last week, no eating after 6 p.m. except for a protein shake made with 1 scoop of protein powder and no more than 500 ml of nonfat milk. And I have to do that for three times this week. I've got my first night down already (if I can make it through the next hour or so before I hit the hay!)

I may add something later, but that's all I wanted to commit to right now.

Please, everyone, join in! Make it easy or make it hard, but let's DO IT!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2003 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Angry I want in!

Well.... I have 5 weeks til my friend from California comes in, so for this week .... I want to break up cardio up into two daily sessions... for 4 days... one hour in the afternoon.. and 30 minutes after the girls go to bed at night.

I will also limit myself to ONE diet coke this whole week! Rest of the time water!

Good Luck everyone!

Cherie
Old 09-22-2003, 08:44 AM   #6  
Never give up

Thumbs down Photogirl ready to SWEAT!

OK!!! PhotogirlTX signs up and she's goin' be moving and a groovin' in a BIG way. Two sessions of cardio (gym rat talk here, she's a pro!! ) with an hour first then 30 min. late. + ONLY one coke for the whole week. OK. Good luck, Cherie!
Old 09-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #7  
this time I mean it!!!

S/C/G: 355/336.2/190

Height: 5' 8"

Count me in too!!

For this week I want to:

1. Eat 10,500 calories or less
2. Burn at least 3500 calories through my workouts.
3. Drink 160 oz of water daily.
4. No eating after 8pm.

psm
Old 09-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #8  

Talking Happy Monday to All!

Yes, Redballoon you had it right I am giving myself two challenges this week. The walking and the dessert thing.

Good luck to Everyone!

Lisa
Old 09-22-2003, 12:00 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!!

I'm ready to start this challenge! I plan on doing crunches using my excercise ball 3-4x this week. I might have to dust the ball off a little but that's ok. If I do well with this, I might up it next week!!

Ok then, I guess this means "COUNT ME IN!"

Marti
Old 09-22-2003, 12:44 PM   #10  
I Can and I Will

Count me in as well... yoga 5 times this week.. and no eating after 7pm 3 times this week. This time i will do it... lol!!

Sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 12:50 PM   #11  
I Can and I Will

And yes Red... i do believe that ever effort counts.. so yes i think i did just fine for last weeks challenge. I just went back and read the old thread...lol Good luck to everyone@!!!!

Sandy
Old 09-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #12  
deleted2

Count me in!

I want to set a food goal and an exercise goal: to NOT have any of my homemade cookies at work, and to do one of my great exercise videos every day.

I'll check in later. Good Luck everybody!

Old 09-22-2003, 03:18 PM   #13  

My goal is NO CHIPS this week!!!!! I will also get my lazy butt out of bed at least 3 times this week to workout before going to my office. NO EXCUSES. My last goal, no starchy carbs after 3 p.m. everyday this week, Ok well maybe not Friday, so 6 days this week.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:08 PM   #14  
Never give up

Talking We've got FIVE more challengers!!

All right!! This place is smokin'!! It's great to see all of you here, brunissen, M.N.J., Sandybrat, Eydie, and jackieO!!!

Thanks for coming aboard and I wish you all luck. We've got some pretty ambitious goals out there. I'm thinking I'll definitely have to intensify my own goal as it's just a bit too easy in light of all yours!

Please report in during the week to share with us how you're doing so we can cheer you on. OK, up and at 'em!!

Oh, and I've included all your names at the top on the Record Board so you can check back in if you forget (or need to be reminded of ) your goal.

Last edited by redballoon; 09-22-2003 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb Thank Goodness for this Challenge!

Had I not committed myself this morning to doing two sets of cardio 4 times this week, I would have talked myself out of it tonight.

However.... I am here to say... I did it! :-) An hour on the treadmill this afternoon... (and 30 of that jogging!) and 30 minutes on the elliptical machine tonight.

And no diet cokes to day... saving my ONE for the weekend!

Good Luck everyone!!!

Redballoon.. thanks for starting this up! As I was walking out of my apartment to go work out... I saw one red balloon out in front of the apartment complex and thought of you! :-) It was even spotlighted! :-)

Have a great challenge everyone!

Cherie
Closed Thread