Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #1  

Smile whats your exercise routine/results?

Hi everyone!
so i wanna start wonderslim however exercise at this point is a problem..
I do work part time and my job requires me to stand and move around all day so would that count and help me?

My 3 questions are
1. How much do u exercise if ur on WS, or medifast etc.
2. What do you think i should do? Im thinking of getting a stationary bike..
3. Would you 100% recommend wonderslim? Like what are ur results so far?

Last edited by 2013ismyyear; 12-13-2012 at 10:40 PM.
2013ismyyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

Dieting is the key to weight loss... exercising is for toning.

Not exercising isn't going to stop weight loss.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #3  

I would like to add a little exercise though so im wondering how much of a role it plays and what everyone else is doing so i can get some ideas
2013ismyyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/183/155

Height: 5'6.75

I exercise 6 days a week, but if you have a physically demanding job where you're on your feet majority of your shift that can be your exercise. Maybe on your days off you could incorporate a 30 minute walk or small exercise. I do Medifast
aliciab307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234.5/226.75/155

Height: 5'8.5"

I do not exercise while on a low calorie diet, I find it makes me hungrier and hard to stick to the diet. I did lose 80lbs on medifast a couple years back without any additional exercise. However to maintain the weight loss I had to exercise. I did gain the weight back after a year of maintaining it but it was a medical reason that I had to stop running and that is when the weight started to come back on.

I would focus on the eating first and then add exercise if you are not currently exercising. Making two major life changes at once may make the whole process more difficult. Or at least start off slow with the exercise.

Last edited by Kermit03; 01-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Kermit03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Exercise can augment your dietary efforts at weight loss provided you don't compensate by overeating later. I lose weight faster if I exercise, but have to really stay focused on not rewarding myself afterward with food. As Jillian Michaels says, "You can outeat any amount of exercise." Diet is absolutely key to weight loss.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #7  

Well, who am I to talk when I'm in the upper part of the 200-pound range and quite unsuccessful at weight loss, but I find it hard to believe that long-term weight loss can be achieved without exercise, whatever the diet. I'm hesitant even to begin a VLCD because of what it will do to my metabolism, and I don't want to suffer through weeks of ghastly shakes only to put on all the weight again once I'm done. Exercise may increase appetite somewhat, but it also increases metabolism and certainly increases muscle mass, and there are authoritative studies proving that. If going on one of these diets means decreasing my exercise, I don't think I want to do it. I'll stick to my plan of getting my vegetable servings up to 12 per day while increasing my exercise to at least 30 minutes a day. But I'll see what that Optifast doctor says... I may want to jump start some weight loss with that diet. I'm really not sure.
Metamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #8  
[link=http://www.3fatchic

S/C/G: 258/248/140

Height: 5'4"

I am doing optifast and started exercising with it. I feel as though I am more successful with the program now that I am exercising. First off, I am T2D and on insulin. Both of these factors will increase your appetite and make weight loss more difficult. My goal is to come off insulin all together. By exercising, I am helping my body uptake the glucose in my system to my muscles. By doing that, I am actually lowing my hunger because my body is getting the glucose it craves rather than it floating freely in my body. I am highly insulin resistant so exercise and only be good for me. Also I noticed that my mental well being has improved. I was feeling a little depressed and low on energy. It was a chore to pick myself up the first time and get to the gym but the benefits were immediate. The very next day, I felt happier and actually couldn't wait to get to the gym that day because of how beneficial that 1st day of exercise had been . This is a journey for me and I need all the help I can get. I would encourage anyone who wants to make this a life sustaining mission to add some sort of exercise to their routine each day. I know I will need to remind myself of this as well. (I will have to come back and read my posts when I start to slack off!
Kiker5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #9  

Yay, Kiker! That is so great. I personally have no doubts about the benefits of exercise, especially since right now I'm studying about diabetes through Coursera.org, which most certainly confirms my belief in exercise.

My doubts are about the benefits of the Optifast program. I'll be meeting with the doc on May 12, so I guess I'll know more then.
Metamorph is offline   Reply With Quote