Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/not quite sure/135

Height: 5'11

Default Medifast help!!!

I have strong willpower, that is one thing that I have learned about myself being on various weight loss programs. I was on Jenny Craig and made it through the entire program without cheating, or reducing activity levels. I did my own diet where I cooked healthy meals for a few months and reached my goal weight. Then I stopped caring. I was over this constant battle with my weight and my doctor told me to try Medifast. I lose the weight quickly then I learn to create a different lifestyle for myself. I agreed and now I'm on it. The only thing is I think it's terrible. The soups are horrible and the bars have a gross aftertaste. The shakes are fine but too hearty for me to swallow. My hunger has curbed so much that I now only can eat my lean and green (generally a boiled egg white and green onions) and then one shake. After that I do not want to eat for the rest of the day. I understand that it is CRUCIAL to eat all five meals, but I find myself wanting to not eat and getting nauseous at the thought of eating anymore food.

Have any of you encountered this issue? Or, is there anything I can do to make the food taste better?
brinnJusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4

You're eating highly processed "Diet" foods -- in the worst possible sense of the word! I don't think there is much you can do to improve the flavor.

I applaud your efforts for giving it a shot but Medifast is most definitely a "diet" and isn't meant for the long term... so what happens when you're done? I would recommend canning the whole thing and going back to what you did before. You said you cooked your own healthy meals AND made it to goal weight before you stopped caring so why can't you do that again?

It seems as though you might be looking for a quick fix but the answer is that you just can't stop caring. You can never go back to eating the way you did to gain all the weight if you want to keep it off.

I know that's not what you were asking for and probably not what you want to see so disregard if that is the case.

It just seems to me that something like that only perpetuates the diet/lose/gain/diet cycle and that eating foods you ENJOY in the right portions is more sustainable (and enjoyable) for life.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinnJusty View Post
I have strong willpower, that is one thing that I have learned about myself being on various weight loss programs. I was on Jenny Craig and made it through the entire program without cheating, or reducing activity levels. I did my own diet where I cooked healthy meals for a few months and reached my goal weight. Then I stopped caring. I was over this constant battle with my weight and my doctor told me to try Medifast. I lose the weight quickly then I learn to create a different lifestyle for myself. I agreed and now I'm on it. The only thing is I think it's terrible. The soups are horrible and the bars have a gross aftertaste. The shakes are fine but too hearty for me to swallow. My hunger has curbed so much that I now only can eat my lean and green (generally a boiled egg white and green onions) and then one shake. After that I do not want to eat for the rest of the day. I understand that it is CRUCIAL to eat all five meals, but I find myself wanting to not eat and getting nauseous at the thought of eating anymore food.

Have any of you encountered this issue? Or, is there anything I can do to make the food taste better?
I'm curious as to why my Medi Weighloss Center doesn't encourage me to purchase their foods. Instead they give me a shopping list of items to purchase at the grocery store. What I have appreciated about the program thus far, although it is a diet, is it's kept me accountable. Not only that but it has educated me a great deal. The people who are successful at this program are actually taught how to survive and live after reaching one's goal weight. So, you're still accountable for counting your calories and choosing to use the tools given by the program month's after you've finished meeting your goal weight.

To my understanding, as long as you measure certain things out, you are able to make any meal better with the list of condiments I was given. Also, those bars would probably be better crunched up in a Carbmaster Yogurt you can buy at Kroger and could potentially take away that dry taste. The shakes you could probably put in a blender with ice or water to help loosen it up. The soups would be great with different spices I'd imagine!
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/183/155

Height: 5'6.75

BrinnJusty it seems to me that you have the tools to live a healthy lifestyle but you arent using them. For someone to diet on their own and get to their goal weight is amazing and for you to just gain it all back is mindboggling. I am not being disrespectful I just want you to realize that you have the tools and DO NOT NEED MEDIFAST to get to your goal again. MF helps instill healthy habits to its users and gives us accountability. I agree since I began MF I am more accountable and more aware about what I put into my mouth. But MF is not long term. It only gets you through the weightloss stage and transition after transition its on you to take the tools that MF taught you and strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle. YOU CAN DO IT! you've done it already. You have to think about WHY you decided to lose weight in the first place and WHY you want to now. It's all about your determination. Hope this helps
aliciab307 is offline   Reply With Quote