Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #1  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Default It's a Worldy Chicks Winter Wonderland

A Winter Wonderlad where all things are possible in December!
Wishing all of you the very best of the Holiday season

I am having a great Satuurday already.
The building is quiet.
I moved all the Christmas presents into one corner.
My bedroom is clutter free now.
Might be why I wasn't sleeping so good.
It was bothering me.
NOW IT'S TIME FOR MORE FO THE HALLMARK CHANNEL!!!!!

AND SOME CHRISTMAS CHEER FOR SHADDIE...............

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-01-2012 at 10:21 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #2  
Happy September

CEEJAY SAID:

"Mel
You are up early this morning. Glad your day was quiet yesterday. Mine was too. Getting ready to go to my uncles.

Happy
I'm going to put out a few decorations on Monday.

Laura
Think I'm going to the gym next week.
------
Ugh I saw a mouse last night. I dislike those creatures.

Made an appointment yesterday to get my eyes checked on December 13."

Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning Mel - thanks for setting up the new thread. I like it.

Happy travels Ceejay - enjoy your vacation.

I will be back to post after I catch up on reading...

Oh and Mel - we have popcorn gift tins with that exact scene on it - called "Winter Wonderland"

Last edited by happy2bme; 12-01-2012 at 10:21 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #4  
Happy September

WAVING FRANTICALLY AT HAPPY!! AND CRACKING UP ABOUT THE TINS!! ROFLMAO

MY SATURDAY POST:

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE.

I HAD A LOVELY FRIDAY.
EVERYTHING WAS QUIET FOR THE MOST PART.
SPENT TIME WITH JEN.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO REPORT. BORING DAY
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY~ GOOD FOR YOU HAVING THE "NO" ANSWER READY.
IT'S YOUR VACATION....HOLD ON TO IT!!
GLAD TO HEAR THE WATER TANK GOT AN APPROVAL!! GOOD JOB.
SAFE TRAVELS TO THE UNCLES.
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.

HAPPY~ GOOD IDEA NOT SITTING HERE WASTING TIME.
SO DID THE TREE GET UP & DECORATE ITSELF
DID DH GO SEARCHING FOR HIS PRESENTS???
I WATCHED A MAN ON TV WALKING AROUND WITH TURKEYS HE RAISED.
MADE ME THINK OF YOU & DH!!

LAURA...CRACKED UP ABOUT THE NEIGHBORS.
I WISH I COULD BE ANONYMOUS TOO. WE THINK ALIKE. LOL
I SEE TYHE SEARCH FOR GOOD TEAS GOES ON.
I MUST HAVE TRIED A TON OF TEA & GAVE THEM AWAY.
FOR SOME REASON THEY'RE ALL BITTER TO ME.
HAPPY HUNTING & HOPE YOU'RE NOT SORE TODAY!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

Ok ladies, I am back.

Going to be a crummy work day today. I am on the 1pm to 8pm shift. And that's not counting clean up so it probably will be later than that. My tummy has been giving me troubles lately so I generally have a yogurt in the morning and sip ginger tea at work and then eat when I get home after 5. I hate this shift because noon is too early for me to eat and I don't want to tempt the tummy to act up. 9pm is far too late to eat when I get home. I did pick up some deli meat at the store yesterday - maybe I can take a half sandwich and some grapes or something light to snack on. I hope business is slow so we don't have to stay open that late this month anymore

Didn't do too much yesterday - some laundry and grocery shopping. They had a rebate on chicken so I bought the required $25 worth and wrapped it in butcher / freezer paper and stowed it away. Then I read the rebate slip and I need the BAR code from the package as proof of purchase. Was going to put up the tree and then I realized that while I have the tree in a box and all the lights and decorations neatly in plastic tubs, one of the most important things is the darn tree stand which was big so I had it just sitting on the decorations in the attic in TN. Now it's packed heaven knows where in a box. Problem is my tree stand is white because my tree is white (with ornaments of a champagne color, light pink and maroon). You can't find white tree stands - only the basic red and green which would look horrid - even covered with a tree skirt. So I have to rethink this a bit... trouble is it's already December so I need to get a move on with decorating. Will find out when I go in today just how bad my work schedule is going to be. Honestly I'm kinda done with this job. It was fun for a while but I don't make enough money to really make it worth while. And it's interfering with other stuff I want to do. I just feel bad about quitting. The owner's DH is working another job so she kind of depends on us for the help. And it's the busy season this month so it would leave her in a lurch if I walked out. Not sure what to do...

I just can't believe how fast this year has flown by. I guess I am also feeling guilty that I haven't achieved as much as I wanted to when the year started and I had a fresh palatte in front of me.

Annie - hope you have great weather (I hear it's warmer south of me so I hope it extends out your way). A lovely day for the wedding and a good time to be had by all. Dance your socks off, make merry and post us a picture or two when you can.

Laura - hope you have a lively discussion at bookclub tonight. Certainly an interesting book to discuss. I know what you mean about having too many foils in your head if you get a couple of colors blended into the hair. I always hoped a big lightening storm did not swing by while I was sitting in the chair - talk about being a lightning rod

Shad - hope you are on your own in the peace and quiet, exploring some nice market. I was talking with my sister yesterday. She is an admitted honey snob. Told her I'd have to get my hands on some Kiwi honey again and she said "don't you DARE get me hooked on the really good stuff" I guess she has a good palatte like yours for the various tastes of the honeys.

Mel - I asked DH what kind of presents he wanted - he is thinking of maybe investing in ice fishing equipment this winter. I said sure, I know just what to buy for that kind of stuff I said I'd give it a try for about 2 hours or before I got too cold or had to go to the potty. I guess you buy a tent and get a propane heater but you still have to drill holes in the ice to drop your line and it gets wet and not very comfortable in there. We'll send him fishing and we'll just sit in the warm house and chat and just cook up the stuff once he brings home the cleaned fillets, right? It's nice that you had a quiet night to spend with Jen. The thing with the bitter tea is - you brew it too long - especially green tea. This is a problem because green teas are lighter in taste and if you are used to black teas, one tends to leave the green teas steep too long and they get bitter. If you only let the bag steep for the minute or two they recommend, the taste is so light it's barely above plain water. Takes a long time to get used to it. I also find that alot of the commercial herbal teas are just not that good - taste more like sugar water and no other flavor. I am trying to get used to tea with no sweetner but that's a difficult one. I guess we just have to stick with our holiday peppermint cappachino's eh lady?

Ceejay - hope you have a very nice time on your vacation and enjoy your visits with the family.

Michelle - have a good weekend too. Hope you get some time to play with Santa and have some relaxation time.

to the rest of the Worldlies. I should try and get a thing or two done before I head off to the store.

Happy December chicks.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #6  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Clomp.... drag.... clomp.... drag....

Turtle slugging through the snow and following all you wonderful worldly ladies. Okay, there's not really any snow here. In fact, today looks very sunny and warm. It's our last football AND home game of the year, (we're playing Kansas) so I'm getting ready for a busy day at work.

I just wanted to answer role call (or is it roll call? I always get confused by that) and let you know I'm still lurking, reading and caring VERY much about you all. Merry Christmas, Happy New and Happy Holidays to all and to all a good day.

Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Went shopping and marketing yesterday and probably spent more than I should have. But I have enough to keep me going for the next couple of weeks and there is only about 3 weeks of this contract to go. Whether or not they will extend is still up for debate. Whether or not I will extend is still up for debate as well. Nothing much else going on in the world of training so I need to think fairly carefully about this.

Well my beloved All Blacks lost last night for the first time in 20 games in a row. It had to happen sometime and it was the last game in a very long season for them. Today Mr McCawesome starts his sabbatical.
Happy - funny you should talk about honey. At the markets 2 weeks ago, I found some Top End honey flavoured with the local flora. There was Bloodwood Honey (sort of red) Blackbutt honey ( I think) and Waterlily honey which is a very pale clear honey with a very delicate flavour. Would be lovely over a good vanilla icecream or some of Maggie Beers Vanilla Bean and Elderflower icecream. I bought some for my friend Chris who is looking after my garden. The lady I bought it from tells me that they don't know for sure that it is from waterlilies but that they are the only flower for miles around where the beehives that give that particular honey are situated. Seems like I need to stockpile honey for when I come over next. I'll look out for some good stuff. We should get her hooked just because she is your sister.

Ceejay - enjoy your vacation.

Michelle - hope you are getting a relaxing weekend in.

Be back with more personals shortly. Meantime I have a couple of other type of personal things to do so will be back after that. I'm going to post so I don't lose the post so far.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #8  
Happy September

MORNING CHICKLETTES.
AND A LOVELY FOGGY MORNING IT IS HERE.
CAN BARELY SEE MY NEIGHBORS BEHIND ME.
GUESS THAT MEANS THE WARMER AIR IS ON IT'S WAY.
LOOKING ALL OVER FOR MY SHORTS AND TANK TOPS

NOTHING NEW HERE. I DID LITTLE JOBS ALL DAY.
THEN WATCHED TV IN BETWEEN.
WENT DOWN TO LOOK FOR THE CHRISTMAS TREE AGAIN. NO LUCK.
AND OF COURSE NO ONE IN MAINTENANCE COULD DO IT THE ENTIRE WEEK
TOMORROW THE WHIPS & CHAINS COME OUT.
TIME TO FEED MY GROWLING BELLY.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

HAPPY~ DON'T END THE YEAR WITH FEELINGS OF REGRET.
THERE IS A NEW PALLETTE AND IT'S CALLED THE NEW YEAR!!
LET IT ALL GO. IT IS WHAT IT IS. LOOK AT ALL YOU DID DO THIS YEAR.
IS THE JOB NECESSARY TO THE FINANCES?
IF NOT THEN QUIT AFTER THE HOLIDAYS IF YOU CAN HOLD ON.
I AM ALWAYS ONE FOR BEING CAREFUL NOT TO BURN BRIDGES. lol
HOPE THE WEEKEND HELPS YOU FIND YOUR TREESTAND!!!

MARY~ I HAD TO LOOK IT UP....AND GLAD YOU ANSWERED THE ROLL CALL!!
WISHING YOU AND MR POOH BEAR A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE LAST GAME....RO WAS IT YESTERDAY? :cheer1:

SHAD~ I GUESS YOU GOT LOST. SENDING OUT THE SEARCHING PARTY!
I WELL UNDERSTAND THE DILEMMA ABOUT "RE-ENLISTING" IN THE GOVT!!
BUT WORK SOMETIMES IS WORK I GUESS.
THINGS ARE SLOW HERE TOO.
ONE OF OUR COMP. MEN SAID HE'S LOST A LOT OF JOBS THIS YEAR.
HE'S YOUNG AND HAS A YOUNG FAMILY TOO. GEEZ.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION. WE ARE HERE TO GIVE OUT
Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #9  
Happy September

Happy......get A Cheap Stand And Spray Paint It White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Just Got The Idea When I Was Logging Out. Roflmao
Old 12-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #10  
Choose your hard

Good Sunday mornin' kids,

Foggy one here. Last night DH came to pick me up from the store and while it wasn't bad in town, I was amazed at the thick fog once we got to the forested area. Couldn't see more than a couple of feet in front of us on our road. At least it wasn't icy. Still a big foggy this morning. Snow is slowly melting but we need Mr. Sun to finish the job because if this stuff freezes in it's current state, it's going to be miserable.

Yesterday was a LONG workday. 1 to 8:45pm. My feet were complaining loudly. I did a nice foot soak, talked to Mom for a bit, took some Motrin PM and I was in bed 2 hours after I walked in the door. Today is another work day. She's got us both pretty booked up this month. I'm working one day on, 2 days off and working the weekends so 4 days a week. My coworker is doing even more which is fine by her - she really needs as much money as she can get. DH is thinking about getting gear to do ice fishing - the walleye is SO GOOD in the winter. That will cost a bit of money for the auger to drill the hole in the ice, the warming tent you need to sit on the lake, a propane heater and of course the fishing gear. I decided I will work the longer schedule this month and pretty much give him all my pay as a Christmas present to get his fishing gear. Not so sure I will sit with him out there - at least not in the winter - but I said I'd give it a try. I do like to eat the fish tho.

Mel - I'm starting to think that this year I just do the small fiber optic tree again along with some festive decorations on the mantle, tables and furniture tops But thanks for the painting suggestion. Did you find your shorts and skinny t-shirts? Beware of "headlights" --- it's not THAT warm out there but maybe you will get the maintenance guys attention in finding that tree Love the picture of the ice skates - memories of long ago. Now I'd be afraid I'd fall down and 1) never be able to get up again and 2) break things beyond all repair Maybe skates with an aluminum walker to stay upright - I'm sure the thing will slide nicely if we put the half tennis balls on the feet of the walker. Enjoy your movies today.

Shad - I was thinking of some Tasmanian Leatherwood honey. I know that's not Kiwi - hard to find the authentic stuff on this side of the globe. Sister tends to drink it mostly in tea so not sure how well strong floral notes work with that. Laughed at your comment that we should get her hooked on the good stuff Hope you come to a good decision on the job front. I can imagine it's like juggling to decide what's best - walk away from the goofiness or just shrug it off and take the paycheck. Never an easy decision.

Hello Mary, thanks for checking in. Hope your team wins the game.

Time for me to go stand in the hot shower and bask for a few minutes. Have a good Sunday chicks.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #11  

Morning ladies.

Mel - Thanks for getting is started with a new thread. I just flipped the fridge calendar page. Glad all has been quiet in the building. Sorry you couldn't find the Christmas tree. Well, someone else probably stowed it away, and that's your excuse, and the movers stored Happy's stand, and that's her excuse. I sure hope we can find all our stuff- we'll have no excuse. Then we're left with blaming each other!! Love those wintery pics you posted. Reminds me that i want to somehow figure out if the Barbara Stanwyck movie "Christmas in Connecticut" will be aired somewhere on cable this year - one of my faves.

Happy- Sorry the job isn't working out- too many hours & hard on the body & the payback isn't worth it. . Hope you can stick it out for the month. Any possibility the other employee can take some is the hours? Or will the logistics not allow it?? I like Mel's idea about painting a stand, but maybe it'll be satisfactory enough to put out all the tabletop & other decor. I love the tree, but a big part of that is enjoying the glow of the colored lights, and if I couldn't have the tree I'd certainly try to string lights somewhere. The white tree does sound lovely though... Can't wait to hear some ice fishing stories!!

Ceejay- Hope you're enjoying your time at the uncles'.

Shad - never much thought about how honeys differ based on the nectars - how interesting. I have to say that I'm not much into honey, but I can't say I've ever given it much of a chance. Maybe I should stop trying to find my perfect tea & find the perfect honey with which to flavor it, lol. Lol, getting Happy's sis hooked on the good stuff, spoiling her for the common domestic variety, haha.

Annie - How was the wedding??

Hi Mary!!
--
No longer morning here. Cleaned the kitchen in anticipation of bf's mom coming for Sunday dinner, but she was out & about yesterday & tired herself out & begged off. Kitc hen would have been cleaned anyway, but now it's sooner rather than later, lol.

Yesterday started with me arriving in the rec Plex Parking lot only to realize I'd taken the car keys out of my purse & left the purse at home leaving me with no punchcard or drivers ' license. I went back home to wait for the next class. When I got home without house keys, bf didn't hear my knocks or doorbell ringing (or dog barking, for Pete's sake). I went into the backyard to go to the bedroom window, and who should I find but our puppy neighbor, come to visit again.

I did get back to a class at the rec Plex- get this class title: "4G: guts, guns, glutes & glory". but 5G might be more correct because my gams are really feeling it today from all the squats we did!! Good workout, just wish it started earlier and not at 10:40 am.

After lunch, i tried on shoes & I think I found some sneakers that will work for me. I'd feel good about shopping locally if the price weren't much, MUCH less expensive online! I'll probably order them today.

I made two batches of brownies, one sans nuts for the book club & one w pecans for bf. both turned out well. I left the remaining plain brownies at book club but I wish I'd remembered to take my platter home. Hopefully I'll get it back this week - I'll have a couple opportunities.

Book club was fun - not an excess amount of kid/mom talk, and there was even some book talk! We all liked it & are looking forward to getting together Friday to watch the movie version. The ornament exchange was fun too, some very cute ornaments.

Well, probably should get busy with getting the outdoor lights & decor out & hung before we get more rain. Off to get dressed.

Everyone have a great Sunday/Monday. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 12-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm back home after a nice visit with the uncles. One uncle couldn't make it due to a pulled hamstring.

My aunt and I went shopping afterwards. I tried on a couple of tops but my body shape is to outta whack for any type style right now. It's time to get serious again with the weight loss.

Mary
Thanks for checking in. We miss you when you don't post.

Mel
Thanks for starting the new thread. Luckily I know where my Christmas stuff is and I'm getting it out of storage tomorrow. My small apt. doesn't need a lot to make it festive but I do like some Christmas decorations. This is the first year in a long time that I have some Christmas spirit.

Happy
Can you sit down for while there is no customers? And possibly start cleaning a bit early if there are no customers.

Laura
I like the title of the exercise class. I hate squats mainly because of the knees. I'm trying to modify some of my excerise dvd's. but they are still a bit much.

Shad
Are things getting a bit better at work?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #13  

Guess I got lost in the personals yesterday. Can't think straight these days. Got one of the project members who lives downstairs from me doing the DRAMA QUEEN thing and I just let her rant and rave in between stuffing slices of cheese, biscuit and tomato down her throat. She is off to Katherine today and tomorrow so don't have to worry about it for a couple of days.
Keep calm and carry on stuffing the chicken while the words pour over my head.

Mary - good to see you on board again even if it is a once a month only check in. Patty should be in soon too I guess.

Happy - the Christmas tree stand will be in the last box you look into. After that you stop looking Tasmanian Leatherwood honey - well at least it was Tasmanian. Good Food place the little island.
Keep calm and see if that p*sses the sister off.

Mel - I came back. Wouldn't mind being in the surf at the moment. BUT, there is crocodiles out there, some kid got taken by one over the weekend. It is darned hot here and the thunder clouds are building up again. Guess we will get another 'Darwin shower' shortly. Think 10 mins under the shower on the top blast force and you have a Darwin Shower. Don't last for long but an awful lot of water falls from the sky. The winds blow and the humidity climbs, then everything carries on much as before.
Keep calm and hold the umbrella steady.

Ceejay - our problem is that we have a whole lot of chiefs and not enough indians. Everyone runs around telling someone else what to do and little gets done. I've been 'invited' to a meeting tomorrow that will provide no benefit to anything at all. And to top it off, the other half of the equation will not be there and the 'organiser' is not inviting any of the people who should be involved. Stupidity reigns supreme.
Keep calm and let them think they are the boss.

Okay - seems like I might have run out of people. I hope Annies wedding went off okay and the g/f of the ex didn't get to stroppy or at least Annie did not get too stroppy. Always where there are people gathered for a happy time (and sometimes for a sad time as well) there is those who would spoil the party. That's life.
Keep calm and and avoid the fallout

Right - going now. Have work to do, orders given which will no doubt get changed tomorrow, and I am removing myself out to Highway House to get out of the direct firing line. I can ignore e-Mail.
Keep calm and pretend to work while reading facebook and the 3FC

Last edited by Shad; 12-02-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Need to Keep Calm.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #14  

Just saw a sign in the office:

The world would be a better place if everyone just took a chill pill.
It would be an even better place if some of them choked on it.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 AM   #15  
Choose your hard

Shad - love it