View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Chilly Wednesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is in the 30ļs as I type this morning and not expected to leave the high 40ļs this day. I went to be earlier than usually last night and got a real good nights sleep. It felt so good getting in bed for that electric blanket had warmed the bed. We like to turn it on before going to bed then turn it off when things have warmed up.

The first batch of my ravioli to make with that machine was a hoot and a mess to be cleaned up. The thingies didnít drop down properly to let the pillows fall through like it is designed to do and they squished each other and didnít fall through ~ and what a mess. However, it got somewhat better and I did get a few made which I will cook today in some soup. Iíll get it all figured out and make some beautiful looking ones. I think one of my problems was that I may not have had the filling ground down fine enough . Next time I make them I will do things a bit different for I have had this learning session. I want mine to turn out for me as beautiful as the pictures in the directions. In the past with my former maker I made ravioli by hand and thought it would go much faster with this roller method ~ which it will when done properly I am sure. It makes a difference if the dough is to soft or too dry and getting it the right texture is the key. I think my dough last night may have been a bit too dry for the pillows didnít seal properly. Next go round will be better in a few days when I feel like making another go with it. For starters I will mix the dough by hand instead in my bread maker and I can better get the feel of it to add more flour or water that way and get the proper consistency which is so critical.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote