Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #1  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face help! I've lost my butt!

Hey y'all. Never thought I'd be posting in the maintainers area, but here I am. Anywho, I seem to have lost my butt. Any suggestions on getting myself a Jo-lo booty? Butt building exercises and such...without having to go to a GYM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #2  
babybat

Height: 5'7

to get a good butt you need to USE those muscles. look at the glutes of female athletes that sprint and jump they all have great glutes. To stimulate the muscles sufficiently you need to use them explosively and over the entire range of motion of that muscle. with weights it would be exercises like the squat and lunge. sprints offer the best stimulation when running as compared to running long distance and of course jumping/bounding so check out some plyometric exercises

good luck
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #3  

Too bad we can't make butt donations to fellow members here at 3FatChicks lol!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Squats!!!

Seriously! I lost my butt. Then in Sept '11 I started lifting heavy, doing heavy squats and more recently I started using the squat rack and going crazy with the squats (I'm up to 185lbs) and I've got a really nice butt now. It's not flat anymore!

If you can't get to the gym, bodyweight squats are still great for you! Make sure you go reallllyyy low!

Last edited by sontaikle; 12-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #5  

You need to do squats and lunges. Don't be afraid to use heavy weights, it'll build lean, strong muscle fast (they won't make you bulky, don't worry).

You want to do at least three sets of each exercise. Try 3 sets of 8 and go from there. When you can easily do 3 of 25 it's time to use more weight.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Squats, lunges, deadlifts, running squads are in tho, oh yep
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #8  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Squats!!!

Seriously! I lost my butt. Then in Sept '11 I started lifting heavy, doing heavy squats and more recently I started using the squat rack and going crazy with the squats (I'm up to 185lbs) and I've got a really nice butt now. It's not flat anymore!

If you can't get to the gym, bodyweight squats are still great for you! Make sure you go reallllyyy low!
Thank you ALL very much! Gonna get on this asap! I have some heavier eights now too so that's good. How long before you saw results? I don't have a car so I have been walking everywhere for the last 4 months. This is how I'm losing my last lil'bit. I was goin for 140, but now at 144, i am thinking 130.

Last edited by Diva; 12-12-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #9  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Thank you very much! Gonna get on this asap! I have some heavier eights now too so that's good. How long before you saw results? I don't have a car so I have been walking everywhere for the last 4 months. This is how I'm losing my last lil'bit. I was goin for 140, but now at 144, i am thinking 130.
I honestly can't say when I started to see results. I really just remember looking at myself one day and saying: "whoa! I have a butt again!"

It was one of the first things to go, but squatting brought it back. Now that I'm squatting even heavier, I've seen that it's got an even better shape even though I haven't changed much in terms of scale weight (actually I might have gained a pound).
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Squats and glute bridges and lunges.

Just don't be an idiot like me and use bad form squatting with heavy weights and throw out your back for a week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Thank you ALL very much! Gonna get on this asap! I have some heavier eights now too so that's good. How long before you saw results? I don't have a car so I have been walking everywhere for the last 4 months. This is how I'm losing my last lil'bit. I was goin for 140, but now at 144, i am thinking 130.
Good for you!!! That's awesome. After sticking with it for a few weeks I definitely felt perkier. After a month or so of doing them diligently my boyfriend said, "Oh my GOD your butt is HUGE!" in a good way. It definitely did get bigger & perkier. You'll feel the burn, you'll know it's helping. Stick with it.

You just motivated me to go work out, madame.
CabernetKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6

First off, to get a J-Lo booty, you'd have to have different parents, seriously. Genetics does play a small part in how your butt will ultimately look.

That being said, no matter what your body type, you can make great progress. Case in point, I have very small hips (only 33 inches) and this makes it difficult for me to build a really big booty. However, I've been able to firm, lift and tighten mine by squatting, deadlifting, lunging and glute bridging for the last 18 months.

I previously had a very flat butt from running too much. When I stopped doing so much cardio and focused on weight training, I noticed after 3 months that my pants fit much better in the seat. No, I do not have a J-Lo butt and never will yet my husband always tells me that as long as it's firm and lifted, who cares about the size, lol.

And I'm 41 years old so you can build a better butt at any age too.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote