Thread: 90 day OA
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #24
ChickieBoom
Finally in control.

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlNorth View Post
Heres what I know about OA history. Way before 1970 when I first went to meeting, OA had a food plan called the grey sheet. It was very restrictive and didn't meet everyones health needs. As time went by, suggeted foods plans were introduced in a pamplet. Abstinence was defind as "refraining from compulsive eating" and no plan endorsed. Later on a new faction in OA emerged calling their meetings OA HOW, and returned to a the grey sheet as a means to abstinence. If you were not doing the grey sheet, you were not abstinence unless a doctor told you not to use that plan. I personally, found it humiliating to be told I was a failure if I didn't choose that plan. And, at that time, you weren't allowed to speak at meetings if you weren't abstinant.

I am not familiar with the OA 90.

Anyway, I finally designed a plan that was healthy and worked for me and I lose weight. I personally find that 5 smaller meals makes me feel less crazy than 3 larger meals a day. I don't feel crazy most of the time.

My advice, get a healthy plan from your doctor.
The GreySheet is ridiculously restrictive but it works for me. I'm not familiar with any of the other food plans and I think it's good that OA and GreySheet broke apart. No one should feel like a failure because a certain plan doesn't work for them. I wish that there were GreySheet meetings where I live and I have seriously considered going to an OA meeting. Maybe that's what I should do.