View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Ruthxxx
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/177/153

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twynn, good morning. I must get back to making chili - it's so comforting in cold weather, not to mention quick to reheat. Hope your day is easier than last Thursday.

Today is a more normal day weatherwise with sunshine and temps just below freezing. Yesterday's casserole of snow, ice and rain has melted away. I did get out after gym to do a little shopping and it was messy driving but OK. I got home about 3 and was just settling in to wrap and cook when friend Karen and her big Golden arrived. We drank tea and chatted while the dogs had a ball. They sure know how to party. Karen stayed for dinner which I had organized in the morning - luckily there was enough. It was a lovely lamb pilaf, a recipe from the 1960's and still delicious.

So my To Do list is still pretty long but it was good to spend time together. Karen was raised in several foster care families and never had a "real" mother so I now have an extra 46 year old daughter.

Wrapping must be finished today and before I close the box to go out West, I want to include some Christmas baking. Guess I'd better get off my butt and just do it.

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la !