View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
neon_zephyr
Once more into the fray!

S/C/G: 188/188/165

Height: 5'0"

Hi abcunnin, Nice to meet you. I will have to catch up on your thread this week.

I haven't given up on my goals, but I can't say I have been doing to well at achieving them, recently. I managed to finish the PhD and for a while I did put some extra effort into the fitness, but I've been up and down and inconsistent and undisciplined, lately. My time is relatively unstructured now, so I'm writing, putting in some effort on the job market, and researching, but also just suddenly immersed in life outside of grad school, too, which is definitely an adjustment. Unfortunately, I've been fighting off a heck of a depression for the past fifteen months so it's been truly difficult to find the discipline to keep at it. My personal life is in shambles and I don't see change on the horizon, yet. So, my inner demons are slowing me down. I haven't given up. I haven't bought bigger sized clothes, either. So, I guess I'm not a lost cause, just one that's stalling a bit.

I signed on today after some time away from 3FC and hope to be here more often, hope to stick with my efforts long enough to see more results.

My new plan of action -- Just exercise. 5 days of cardio + 3 days of either weights or yoga per week. No more giving in to sad moods and eating junk. I'm not going to worry about gauging progress in pounds yet, just gauging my ability to stick to my exercise routine. The holidays inevitably bring us many distractions in the sweet-tooth department, so I'm going to stick to exercise, at first. Phase two will be calorie counting.

I will try to be here more often, instead of just backing off because I feel ashamed of my lack of stellar progress. I hate that I keep falling off the wagon, but I guess that sometimes things take a while to stick.

Mini-Goal 1: (-10 pounds = 178) --
Mini Goal 2: (-20 pounds = 168) --
Goal Weight: (-23 pounds = 165) --
Eventual Goal Weight: 150 -- someday

neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote