Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #1  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Default Starting back today...

Hi guys! I was on Ideal Protein with you all back around August/September and I fell off of it. I was so perfect for an entire month, but then I ended up with a cold and all I wanted was a nice meal to make me feel better. I promised everyone that I would get back on it as soon as I felt better and here I am 3 months later. I went on an extreme binge and got so out of control. I had gotten down to 183 and here I am at 204. I really need some motivation and some support. Food can be an addiction for me and I am also a "stress-eater". I hope I can get back actively involved with you guys each day to help me stay on track! Here's to day 1!!
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #2  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

It's a new day- at least you know where you went wrong and what your struggles are. Remember, when you cheat you are throwing away money that you work hard for. the food will be there in the end for you to enjoy even more because you will respect it and yourself more than ever. You can do this!!!!
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #3  

Welcome back
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saradise View Post
Food can be an addiction for me and I am also a "stress-eater". I hope I can get back actively involved with you guys each day to help me stay on track! Here's to day 1!!
I was also a stress eater (and a happiness eater, and a bored eater) so I am going to say to you what I had to figure out over the last 4 months, Ideal protein or anyother diet can help you lose weight but if we don't deal with our unhealthy relationship with food we are SETTING OURSELVES UP FOR FAILURE. Stick to the diet and it will work but beyond that you are really going to have to reflect on yourself and want to change because otherwise when things get tough you will just fall back to your old habits.

Good luck with your restart, and we are all here for help as you need.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #5  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I was also a stress eater (and a happiness eater, and a bored eater) so I am going to say to you what I had to figure out over the last 4 months, Ideal protein or anyother diet can help you lose weight but if we don't deal with our unhealthy relationship with food we are SETTING OURSELVES UP FOR FAILURE. Stick to the diet and it will work but beyond that you are really going to have to reflect on yourself and want to change because otherwise when things get tough you will just fall back to your old habits.

So true Monica! I am dealing with that right now! I have handled the happiness and the bored eating, but the stress eating still has control, so that's what I am concentrating on now...I think this will always be the most difficult one to master.

Saradise, welcome back!!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

I am on the exact same page as you i started end of September and was good for a couple weeks lost 15 pounds and got super sick and ever since then i haven't been able to get back on it 100% like i would try and get sick i have been sick 3 times in 2 months and now i am starting back today its weird i will have an amazing day and it will come to supper time and i will fail. Today is a new day and i did a lot of prepping last night. I am hoping to lose 30 by valentines day!!! so we will see!
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #7  
IP Start date 8-11-12

S/C/G: 204/204/125

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

So well said! I really do need to take the time and try to change my relationship with food. A friend recommended a book called "Life without Ed" and it basically talks about going through a divorce with an eating disorder. She said it was helpful to her as a binge eater. I really should find the time to read it!!

Well, Saturday ended up being a bad day start. That night, I found out that a friend died in a car accident and the next morning, I had to take my husband to the ER and he was admitted to the hospital. Talk about stress!!! So, I was bad Sunday, but I'm trying again today. Thanks for all of the support!
Saradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #8  
IP start date 05/23/12

S/C/G: 208/150/140ish

Height: 5'5''

Welcome back! Even if you slip up here and there, don't let that discourage you and try to get back on course right away; better than completely abandoning the program. It's difficult process but you will be so glad you did it and it does get easier with time
Mufassia is offline   Reply With Quote