Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat & Sun December 8&9, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 AM   #2  

Putting up the Christmas tree today. I think that I'll make an IP ornament!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #3  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Maezy, we are doing our Christmas tree today, too! Well, we are going a tree farm to cut one down. We probably won't be able to decorate it until tomorrow because my son and hubby are going to a Boy Scout thing for most of the day. But today should see the outcome of the battle between me and my husband about where we will put the tree. We got new furniture back in the spring, and not sure how the tree will fit in the living room in it's customary place.

I went Christmas shopping yesterday, and decided to get myself some new pants and new bras, as well. I got a pair of pants that were 2 sizes smaller than I bought back in the spring (last time I bought pants), tried them on, but had to put them back and ended up buying pants that were 3 sizes smaller!

We went to a handbell concert and out to dinner last night. We went to a steak house and I ordered a dry-grilled steak NO BUTTER , asparagus NO BUTTER and broccoli NO BUTTER. The waiter looked at me a little oddly, but said OK. It was all very good and didn't taste like it had butter, but I'm paranoid that it did. I guess Wednesday's weigh in will tell the tale!

Have a great day, IPeeps!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

I weigh daily. On Wednesday I had surgery. My weight went up FIVE pounds between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning. My husband's weight also went up five pounds that night. Both of us have come down two pounds since then. He did not have surgery. I have two theories. 1 the sugar in the saline bags really messed me up big time. 2 our scale is broken in some way. It could be a combination of the two, all I know is that I don't want to weigh in today.

Last edited by KathrynRose; 12-08-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #5  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Christmas tree going up here today as well!

Tam, that is such an exciting accomplishment.... excited for you!

I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I weigh daily. On Wednesday I had surgery. My weight went up FIVE pounds between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning. My husband's weight also went up five pounds that night. Both of us have come down two pounds since then. He did not have surgery. I have two theories. 1 the sugar in the saline bags really messed me up big time. 2 our scale is broken in some way. It could be a combination of the two, all I know is that I don't want to weigh in today.
Weight gain after surgery is normal. Between sedation, IV fluids, and swelling (depending on the type of surgery you had), weight normally increases immediately afterward. Give it some time and it should level back out.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
If you had only saline, that is salt, rather than sugar. IVs with glucose have sugar. However, surgery causes inflammation (swelling). Inflammation is water.
I would recommend not monitoring your weight until the swelling goes down.

Addtionally, if you are over-monitoring your weight (weighing often), IP recommends weighing weekly.

Either way, neither of you gained fat. This is one of the reasons we are not supposed to micromanage our weight. There are too many variables that can cause the scales to stall or go up (water retention, how "regular" we are, what we recently ate or didn't eat, hormones, and on and on)

Focus on healing and not stressing over the weight.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

I am actually not sure of what was in the bags besides water, I just call them all saline bags because I am not a doctor or a nurse. I know I got at least two bags, but I don't know how many I got during surgery, just one after and one before. They gave me the one after because my blood pressure was at 92/60.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #9  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

KathrynRose- It's sweet that your husband gained 2 pounds also. I bet that is because he cares about you and was worried with all you are going through...sympathy pounds.

Yaelbelle- ROFL - are we not IP obsessed!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to scan yesterday's daily thread until late last night. There were some amazing accomplishments there! I wish I could remember them all, but CONGRAT to all, and especially to making 100 lbs lost! WOW!

Hey, Hey, guess who's half-way? This girl!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Putting up the Christmas tree today. I think that I'll make an IP ornament!!!!
ooooh great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post a photo of what you make!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post
Christmas tree going up here today as well!

Tam, that is such an exciting accomplishment.... excited for you!

I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE MORNING LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Congrats to Halfagain for reaching 100 lbs lost!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Starting our weekend full of birthday, house warming and holiday parties!! Going shopping this morning to be prepared for all of the food I will come in contact with. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #13  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hey, Hey, guess who's half-way? This girl!
You sure are! Whodat half-way girl!!! It's all down hill from here.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
Congrats to Halfagain for reaching 100 lbs lost!!!! What a great accomplishment.

Starting our weekend full of birthday, house warming and holiday parties!! Going shopping this morning to be prepared for all of the food I will come in contact with. Have a great weekend everyone!
YES! Thank you so much for reminding me who had this great accomplishment! I read it so late and couldn't remember.

CONGRATS Halfagain! You ROCK!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Happy weekend peeps! I'm going to start my day by going lamp shopping! We bought new living room furniture the other day that will be delivered on the 15th so now I need new lamps to go along with our new contemporary look! It's going to be fun redecorating...but wish I had more talents in this area!

Also, I think I may try the new IP pasta this weekend. I hear it's very good!
Closed Thread