Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 06:43 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #28

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #28

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:44 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday! We sure need them this week!

Check back in later ladies.

Faye
Old 09-20-2003, 09:16 AM   #3  

Good Saturday morning ladies!
Yes, I"ve already exercised. Took an early walk. No turkeys this morning, but it rained last night and the road looks like froggy death highway!! blech

Anyway, all 4 points for yesterday.......I believe that makes me 9 for 10 on Faye's challenge with 2 days to go! I can't believe I kept focused on one goal for two whole weeks....wow.

Today will be a bust, I know, because hubby and I are going out ALONE! We are going to a fair, not just any fair....it's called the Common Ground Fair. It's put on by the Maine Organic Farmer's and Growers Association. It's a good old fashioned, dirt-munchin', tree huggin', veggieburger eatin' country fair....all the yuppies from NH and Mass flock up here to go every year. And we just happen to live 15 minutes away. woo hoo.

Every year we try to bring the kids, to give them a little culture. But every year we end up dragging them around, whining and crying....there's no rides, no midway....no ELECTRICITY, no CAFFEINE.....it's all very Politically Correct for the greenpeace crowd. They have started letting people sell meat, but no coffee! If you want caffeine, you have to get it in the parking lot from the vendors before you actually get on the fairgrounds

This year we have given up ruining our good time by forcing the kids to come look at endless arts and crafts booths and eating bee pollen ice cream! Why shouldn't we have a good time?? So, I hired a baby sitter and we're off in about 1/2 an hour!

I've already exercised and I know I'll drink lots of water....but I'm not even going to write my food down today. Today is just for me and dh. So, I'll have to take tomorrow as my day #10.

Oh, I just wanted to give a quick thank-you to whoever posted the flylady info! I've started following that program, and I am feeling soooo much more in control! I'm smiling alot more now....see

Allright, enough typing! Gotta shine my sink and take out the garbage before we leave.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Julie
Old 09-20-2003, 01:10 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon Chicklets

How are you? pts for yesterday: 2 program pts, 1pt for water and 1 pt for exercise.

Not much going on today. Will check back in later on

toodles chicks
Old 09-20-2003, 02:19 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello all

Well the pounds didn't miraculously melt away overnight, I have stayed the same for the second week in a row. I am disappointed as I worked out really hard.

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day as I really needed it!

I've gone off programme today, but I'm not giving up! I'll lose this weight if it kills me!!

Oooh Sunny thought.....ummmmm........... even if we're not losing weight, we are becoming fitter and healthier and our bodies love us for it! Thank you ladies for your warmth, love and support. I think you are all beautiful people inside and out!

Love Amanda xxx
Old 09-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #6  

Good Day ladies! Hehehee don't mind me i am in a silly mood today.

Julie-I love all those kinds of fairs...I am not really big on rides and I love arts and crafts. Unfortunately, here in the city they aren't big on that, but I go upstate to andy's parent's house every now and then to get away from the buildings and into nature and every possible garage sale or fair I can get to
I also go nature walking with him. Ahhh I think deep down inside I am a country girl more than a city girl. He has a stream that runs behind his house - I love "exploring" in his "backyard", which to me is more like the woods. It's really fun for me. To Andy its more like funny because he gets to see me acting like a fool trying to cross the stream by hopping on the rocks like a little kid .

Today is a good day. Eventhough, I haven't started my WW program I think I been keeping with the program and have been on top of taking the meds. So I guess I can get my first 2pts today huh for sticking to the program and 1 pt for exercise- heavy house cleaning .

About Andy (Andrew, in case u girls haven't figured it out) he is back at his parent's house and he says he will enroll himself into a rehab because he doesn't want to loose me. I really hope he does, but don't want to get my hopes up.

Faye- why do we keep moving ???

Okay girls take care i'll check in later.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Happy I really hope things work out for you! I really wouldnt get my hopes up but I am praying for you.

I got in my exercise,water and eating was pretty good. I am getting back to where I once was before I went thru all the stress with Richard. Slow and steady wins the race.

Gotta run got to rise and shine early for work in the morning

sandy
Old 09-21-2003, 04:44 AM   #8  

Before I get to Sunday, I have to award smileys for yesterday. It was a crazy day and I didn't get in here.

Our 4 pointers for yesterday are:

JULIE
PAM

Our 3 pointer for yesterday is:

AMANDA

Dorothy: To answer your question, I only let the thread get to about 60 posts then I start a new one. I can't stand having it get too long. Also, I applaud you for your courage and now you have to really stay strong because you will be tempted to get back to him because he SAYS he is in rehab. Most experts tell patients that they need to give it 6 months to a year of verifiable rehab before even dating the other person. Just don't forget this man is human and may have relapses before he is sober for good. Good Luck sweety!

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday. Our poll today:

Your best friend can't go and gives you front row center tickets to which event?

Opera
Ballet
Fantastic Broadway Show
Favorite Team's Sporting Event
Symphony Tickets
Ice Skating Show
Favorite Band or Singer

I will talk with you ladies later this morning.

Faye
Old 09-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #9  

Oooh, I'd love to see a new broadway show......thanks Faye! Bummer you can't go

But seriously folks..........gosh we had a great time at the fair. We hardly ate at all, and we walked and walked and walked! I indulged when we got home, though, so only 2 points for me yesterday (water and exercise)

Today's the last day of Faye's challenge.......I know I'm going to make it just under the wire with 4 points today! How did everyone else do? Stay strong today and add one more day to that total!

Talk to you all later,
Julie
Old 09-21-2003, 10:19 AM   #10  

Julie: I am very very proud of you! You accomplished what you set out to do and that is great! YOU GET A: for points.

For those of you who were able to complete the two week challenge, please let me know.

Need to get some exercise in so I am going to go for now. As for my poll I would have to say I would die for Cubs seats in "the front row" as Bob Uecker used to say. They got creamed and looked like first graders yesterday and every game counts. Man!

Faye
Old 09-21-2003, 11:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

I guess that it would be a toss up over a concert or a brodway show. All depends on who or what.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:07 PM   #12  

Well, I started working on my menus today and have my evening meals covered which I think is the hardest part. I found 80% of the food right here in the recipe section and have scaled each recipe down for my self except for a couple which I think Jack will eat. Now I have to go in and make each days meals and snacks for the three weeks. I am leaving 1 day or 2 meals eating out each 3 weeks to give me some added enjoyment. I can't believe I actually found recipes that weren't goofy. I did find one that was peppered pork chops and has dill weed and removed that so that Jack would eat it and I didn't find it particularly appetizing either but other than that I have I think 2 beef, 3 pork, soups, salads and sandwiches for the main meals and I will build the rest of the meal around that. I think this may be the answer for me to get back to really losing some serious weight again.

WTG: I have a wtg from the other day. I measured myself for that Zone diet thing last Thurs and found I have lost another inch off my behind and another inch off my waist since measuring the 9th of Sept, which is the date I have been measuring myself. WooHoo small butt here I come. I now have the UGLIEST naked form you have ever seen! Luckily, because it involves naked boobs and you know what, Jack doesn't seem to mind! I am seriously disproportioned right now, but in time it will all even out. Personally, I find it funny and not upsetting. I kind of look like a sculpture done by a blind person with no hands!

CUBS time for I have to go they are on TV and it is time for me to go and scream at them to get their act together!

Faye
Old 09-21-2003, 07:08 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies!

Scrap what I said yesterday about not losing weight - I've lost 2lb!. I woke up this morning and could feel that something had shifted (hows that for listening to your body?) - sure enough, I lost 2lb. I think my body just needed an extra rest day to let my muscles relax after 4 days in a row of intensive exercise. So I'm taking today as my official reading - got to take what I can get!

Yesterday I got just 1 point for water.

Silly Poll - will my friend give me the air tickets to get to Broadway too? . If not, I'll go and see my favourite band or singer in concert - probably David Gray ( has he hit the US yet?)

I took your advice Faye about looking after your skin - I went to the Body Shop and got some cocoa butter 'body butter' - they say that pregnant women use it to help with stretch marks , so I said 'that's just what I need' - I think the very young and very skinny sales assistant thought I was mad! I'll see if it's any good anyway.

Glad to hear that you are losing inches Faye - I'm going to measure myself next week, although I did measure my waist (the one I told you I am developing!) and I've lost 1 inch so that is good!

Where is evveryone - it seems very quiet here today!

Amanda xx
Old 09-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #14  
I Can and I Will

Hello ladies!! I missed you all... had a fabulous time at the wedding... even got all my points for teh weekend!! yeah!! Silly poll?? BON JOVI!!! no doubt about it...lol I will check back in later... have to get dinner done so we can eat...lol ttfn!!

Sandy
Old 09-21-2003, 07:37 PM   #15  

Amanda: YOU GET A: . Hey, why the heck not, she is giving away free tickets may as well pay for the trip too! Congrats on the weight loss. That is sensational!

SandyB: YOU GET A: for the weekend and that is spectacular that you went to a wedding and stayed op!

I have been trying to pick out a Champagne for my birthday dinner (to celebrate our son's engagement too as a surprise) but as Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes would say,...."I KNOW NOTHING!" I am totally wine challenged. We want something inexpensive and they have 3 that are reasonable but neither Jack nor I know champagne from bottled water. May have to just let the wine steward suggest one of them I guess. It is really just for a nice toast anyway not really to have with dinner.

I did a Richard Simmons tape today but I really don't like them much. I used to do them a lot, but I find that you have to do the same one over and over and over to get the hang of the routine and I am just not that patient. I just followed and when it got too difficult like jumping up and down, which my knee cannot take on dry land, I just bebop around making sure I get a good overall workout upper and lower body so I end up not even paying attention to what he is doing and just make up my own stuff! It was just something different from the glider and it was raining all day so I couldn't walk outside.

I will talk to you ladies tomorrow and I have a really good "think about it" type misson tomorrow. For me it is going to be a toughy to do.

Faye
Closed Thread