View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Chilly Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is currently a chilly 40º here in the ♥-Land and not expected to get over the 50ºs this day. No rain in sight. We do so need rain. If we don’t get rain the price of anything made of these crops in the plains will sky rocket. Ranchers are selling off cattle for the hay is so scarce and what they can find they can’t afford to buy. We need rain soon to save the winter crops that have been planted or they will all die in the field for lack of water. It’s a sad day when a farmer has to plow his crop under.

On a happier note ♪ I am going to finish that butterfly topped box this day and get it in the mail. Will is making me a leather holder for my new WW tracker which is bigger than last years and won’t work with my current holder. It’s like a binder but doesn’t have the rings for paper but has pockets and a closer tab that comes around and snaps on the front. The snap is a buffalo head nickel. It holds my weight loss things to keep track and my weigh-in card nicely. He made the one I have now thick enough to hold my “pocket guide” plus the tracker. I like it a lot and folks at WW asked where I got it.

Cecil sure has been coming around wanting attention more today than he has in a long time. He loves having his ears scratched. He is now taller than Beanie and they look so cute together when they wrestle around. Cecil is a BIG kitty. He is so cute when he lines up with the dogs to get a “treat.” They sit in a row very patiently looking so cute.

JEAN There is so many things you can do with left over corn so that is a good very veggie to take. It is good as corn, corn fritters, cornbread, corn pudding, corn salad ~ and the list goes on. People are rude then they don't let the hostess know one way or another if they are going to make it to the party. Especially when it invoves a meal.

DONNA FAYE Hope you get to take a nap this day since your sleep was so disturbed last night and your pain subsides. Yep Will likes his ice cream no matter what the weather so I can see you and your kids eating cones in the snow. Jack's co-worker is sure fortunate he didn't go into the muck. Hopefully he gets back to exact now that he is under the care of a doc. That is terrific you can team up with that couple you had such a good time with before on your cruise. Something good to look forward to for sure.

Have a wonderful afternoon Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote