Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #1  
TDI

Default Another new member looking for motivation / accountability

Greetings

Came upon this site via google search. Thought I'd give it a shot.

42 years old. 5'9", 195. Would love to get below 180. Highest weight was 205 when I got married. Dropped down as low as 183 calorie counting, but bad habits have crept back in.

When I was calorie counting (using LoseIt on the iphone), it worked well, but felt impossible at 1200 calories a day. I did a modified Paleo (not super hard-core) and really enjoyed it, but got bored with the food choices.

I know I'm not in terrible shape, but here is what I know about myself:

(1) I am addicted to sugar. I don't eat a ton, but I have the hardest time saying 'no'.

(2) I am addicted to soda. Usually 1/2 reg/sugar / 1/2 diet. I know it's horrible crap, but I still have about 20oz fountain about 4-5 days/week after lunch.

(3) My wife and I have 16 month old twin girls that really impact our ability to exercise the way we used to (swimming competitively for her, MTB & racquetball for me). Things are just starting to get better, time-wise, but it feels impossible to exercise regularly. I know that's likely BS, but that's how it seems right now.

(4) The only reason that I haven't got really big is because, even though my habits suck lately, I eat good portions. I almost never overeat. Now, snacking throughout the day on crappy food? Ya, i'll do that...

So, in the short run, I'm looking for some accountability. When I went from 205 to 183, I had a buddy I did it with and it was great. However, he's prepping for a new baby and holding OK in his diet. I guess I have this feeling that, if I have to post here each day or week what I ate, that'll get me going again. I have the ability to eat very well, I'm just not in the right headspace right now.

Does this make sense? Old hat for you folks? I know it's not a lot of weight, but we all have our own battles...

Your time is appreciated.

matt

Last edited by TDI; 12-06-2012 at 03:39 AM.
TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to 3 Fat Chicks, Matt:

Neat to take on accountability as a major step to sticking to your plan.

Does 'MTB' stand for Mountain Bike trekking?

There's a bunch of interesting forums around the site here, and a bunch of guys around and about.

Glad you've joined us.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  
TDI

greetings

MTB = Mountain Biking. My apologies.

I will find some time to click around. Definitely going to need it...
TDI is offline   Reply With Quote