South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Warblings - December 5

God morning. Finishing up the last of the French Roast this morning and am back to Newman's after that. I did the Big Shop in town yesterday and am stocked up on K-pods again. I even brought some decaf for the wimps!

Got a good whack at the shopping yesterday although some of it is still in the car. Picked up the beautifully groomed doggies around 4 and discovered I'd run out of energy. We came home and I did muster up the ambition to drag the boxes of lights to the front porch but that was IT for the day. I think I ran out of energy.

Another busy day ahead with gym, an appointment with a chiropodist and a meeting at the Bank to sign some papers regarding some Mill investments. That is going to fill the day until mid-afternoon. Then I can get the Christmas shopping out of the trunk and maybe do some wrapping.

Happy Hump Day and keep on trudging up and over.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Sounds like you need to take a day off Ruth, that means NOTHING planned! I need to get some wrapping done too, and ship out a couple of boxes. I tend to put those things off...

Yesterday was a decent day, and today looks like it will be okay too . I hope to get a run in, then tomorrow will be an exercise day off. I think I'll make my lentil and smoked sausage soup tonight, so I have some yummy soups for the next few days, esp with the cold front coming thru. It was nearly 70 yesterday, and only a high of 43 today!

I sent my mom a keurig for her birthday, she should get it today. I'm not sure mom knows what it is....
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I'm getting pretty good at putting other people's lights and stuff up, want me to do yours? I hope you get some time to sit down and put your feet up today!

Tammy, your mom is going to love her Keurig! Did you get one for yourself while you were at it? I've been enjoying this bout of mild weather, too, and took my lunch outside yesterday. Today's supposed to be cooler, so I'm planning curried lentil soup for tonight.

I'll be up at Susie's this morning, and we're going to bring her tree down from the attic and set it up. Last year we left the tree decorated and wrapped it in sheets, so it should be pretty easy this year. All we'll have to do is plug it in. The girls have riding lessons at the stables after school, and all I have to do is drop them off and I can head home early.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. It was so beautiful here yesterday. I think today is going to be the last unseasonable day for a while so I hope to get outside again. Funny how much more enjoyable it is to just run errands when the weather is nice.

Did anyone else see the Wheat Belly segment on Dr. Oz? I had read (okay, skimmed) the book. I wish that there were not so many conflicting theories about every type of eating plan.

Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I think you should take Linda up on her offer to put up your decorations!

Twynn, have a great run!

Karen, I missed yesterdays segment but agree...so many conflicting ideas about food always swirling around.

Linda, sounds like an easy enough day. Have fun at Suzies!

Me, heading to the pool at 830. I'm just about ready to do a thorough cleaning of the kitchen so I can come home and make the "family goodies" and get them shipped off. This house has a blowing heat system and everything (dog/cat hair) gets blown everywhere. I couldn't think of baking for others until I do a massive clean up.

Ok, off to clean.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I am a tired puppy today. As much as I enjoy my time at Joe's, I seem to nap not sleep when I am here. Oh well he is off to work and I am having coffee. Dare I say I am skipping breakfast! in my world that is taboo, but since he only got home a few days ago his cupboards are naked! Not an egg or oatmeal or even cereal. I think I will be OK. I will just have lunch a little early. We exchanged some soups yesterday....Cyndi he loved the chickpea and lentil soup too! So today I will have a bowl of jerk chicken and sausage soup. He is very gifted with cooking and I rely on recipes.

He is only working until noon then off to the woods for hunting. I still have to find gifts for my sisters which is proving quite trying. I may go to Valatie to this little gift store I love in hopes of something just hitting me. I don't think they open until 10 so I have a little down time which is just lovely

Have a great day
Old 12-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Award luncheon went will there was op food there so just eat those items and then off to Awana last night, they are not going to change the night it is held on so I was a happy camper.

Ruth- you do need a day with no items on the agenda

Tywnn- hope you mom likes her gift

Cottage- that is an interesting idea to have the tree all decorated but just stashed away, alas no room for it though

Karen- everytime there is a new expert discuss what you should eat it just throws another loop into the confusing.

Debbie enjoy your cooking after your cleaning

Jennifer good luck with your gift hunting- I still have a few things to get, just have to decide what I want to get for them and I need more tape and tags so I can finish wrapping.

Natasha stick to your guns the right person will come to you, never settle

Cyndi- I may have missed it somewhere but do you now have just one full time job? Enjoy your wii time

Okay got to run and do the 8 a.m. call. Have a great day everyone
Old 12-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Emotionally exhausting night last night, but I got things handled like they needed to be and have closed that chapter of my life. His response only confirmed that I made the right decision. On to bigger and better things. A friend of mine posted a quote on my FB today that said "There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on." SO TRUE!!!

I've been far too slack w/ working out AND eating right, so today I'm getting back on track. I'm going to get my gym clothes on my lunchbreak so I can hit the gym after work. Time to take care of me!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening okay, so it's really tea at this hour Had another busy day but am planning a mental health day tomorrow complete with sleeping in and some getting in the mood holiday wanderings.

My accomplishment of the day - made it to yoga in spite of a late meeting!

Karen - I have discovered since I started SBD that wheat just makes my tummy funky and my joints ache so I've cut way back.

Natasha - trust me, there is so much more to the book than we realize. Congratulations on getting unstuck.

Rose - I'm back with the AFT for now. A completely new team including lead has made it a much more manageable job, though I may have a different perspective after a crazy legislative session.

Tonight I tried Kalyn's farro with mushrooms, so good. it was my first time with farro but I know I will use more of it. It was a big hit.

Time to check in with Mom then settle in with a good book. Sweet dreams Beachy Chicks
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls, I'm here and OP. Having cravings like mad but OP. Just checking in! Have a great night!

Lisa
Closed Thread