Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Question Favorite things to eat for dinner?

What are some of your favorite things to eat for dinner?
I'm trying to find healthier ideas.

I'm going crazy

kind of...
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S290/C ticker/G 190

Height: 5'11"

chana masala, frittatas, seafood or fish, pita pizza
scoutycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #3  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Maybe I should add I'm a vegetarian! Just so you can tell me your favorite meatless dishes...
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 AM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Rotisserie chickens, sardines, salads with feta cheese and bacon, ribeye, etc etc.

I don't have any vegetarian fare anymore, unless you allow for dairy and eggs. Sorry!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Blackbean and butternut squash chili, chickpea curry...
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #6  

me i am having plain old steamed vege...all sorts cept for potatoes corn and peas...salads with a mix of fruit and vege with all sorts of raw stuff...fruit is mainly apples in the salad though...hmm don't eat much real vegetarian stuff as in cooked...have the occasional piece of lean steak or chicken thigh done in the
georgey foreman!!..lol..lol..i know i am boring..but i thinks it is working!!..cheers liz
lizarddau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4

I don't know exactly what type of vegetarian you are, but I usually eat fish/seafood for my dinner meals. I'm not sure why, but I just feel like I sleep better with a slightly 'lighter' protein source. I like to have other proteins too, but I assume you don't eat those.

Right now I'm really into zuchinni and eggplant, so I tend to make a lot of 'stir fry' dishes with that. I slice up the squash and toss it in a hot pan with some garlic and seasonings of choice, then when it's nearly done I'll add a filet of tilapia, some shrimp, langostine, scallops, etc.

Sometimes I'll also do just a big veggie scramble with egg whites, spinach, tomato, mushroom (any combination you like) and maybe some cheese or salsa depending on my mood. Again, you can add any combination you feel like; spinach and tomato with feta cheese, tomatos and peppers with salsa and cheddar cheese, or whatever else you dream up! Eggs don't just have to be breakfast food.

If you are feeling chilly, a nice soup is always a good option. Likewise you don't have to have a full "dinner" and could opt for some cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I just had one of my favourites. I make a pseudo-chili with whatever veggies are in the fridge. Tonight I had carrots, broccoli, zucchini, green peppers, jalapeņos and hot peppers. I add beans of some sort, tonight were canned black beans and mix it all together with plain spaghetti sauce. I add wasabi powder, chili pepper, black pepper and hot sauce. You can add some cheese if you want.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

My favourite homemade vegetarian dinners are:
1. stir-fry with Asian veggies
2. tacos made with shredded tofu (seasoned with Mexican spices) and trimmings
3. cauliflower/tofu curry made with Mango Korma or Tikka Masala sauce.
4. Asian noodle soup bowl with Thai or Vietnamese broth paste, udon noodles, tofu, and Asian veggies.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Butternut squash with apple soup. I get mine at a natural market but it should not be too difficult to make. I have a bowl of it with a salad.

Also love veggies sliced, tossed with seasoning and lemon flavor olive oil, spread on a cookie sheet and baked. I have used yams and asparagus, but also want to try carrot chips, kale and zucchini... and others I think of.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I either eat a lean cuisine for dinner or oatmeal. I'm weird lol
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #12  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

Lamb Chops, Broccolli, Asparagus
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #13  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I love stir fry for dinner. I usually eat it with chicken because my boyfriend is allergic to vegetarian food () but you could have it with tofu or chickpeas. I use lots of herbs and spices, a little soy sauce and some water to cook it. I still always have noodles just a smaller portion and more meat and vegetables. Tasty!

I'm also a big fan of coconut milk/tomato curries. You can add as many vegetables as you like.

Bolognaise made from tomatoes with lots of vegetables again. I usually have meat but it's delicious without meat and instead of lots of pasta I usually have a few pieces and cook some carrots (in pasta shape) to have underneath the sauce. It's one of my favourites.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote