View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #28
Laura705

Mornin' all!

Ceejay - Good for you standing up to those who try to pressure you because they know it's worked in the past, or just know that if they bug you enough you'll give in. Your time is YOUR time, spend it how you choose!! Nice you got to spend it outdoors. I'm glad you're in the holiday spirit this year!! We had mild weather again yesterday - I think we nearly broke a record by hitting 70 degrees yesterday. Cooler today, but still mild.

Mel - I'm sorry the warm weather is giving your & Jen's sinuses problems. Probably a lot of mold in the air around too. Too bad the building staff are not in the holiday spirit. I guess I sounded like a scrooge when I said I didn't want to do a Secret Santa with our joint department this year... I think the limit last year was $20 or $25 - a little bit more than I want to spend on a virtual stranger (because last year I ended up with someone from the "other side" of the department). I'd much rather have an ornament exchange with a lower limit, or a white elephant exchange - it doesn't have to be expensive to be fun. We'll see how the decorations look if bf is wise and does them today because tomorrow the weather is turning cold again. My legs are finally feeling better. But we'll see what tonight brings, lol.

Oh, and wikipedia says this: "Six degrees of separation is the idea that everyone is approximately six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps."

Happy - I suppose I might have to partially blame my failed wheat bread on the honey?? It was a half container of crystallized product that I had to set in a cup of hot water to partially de-crystallize. And of course I was impatient to get my bread going, so it wasn't completely liquid when I added it to the other ingredients - I figured the warm water the recipe called for would do the rest. Huh. If I try the machine again with fresher ingredients and if fails, I will probably try a mix and see how that goes. Otherwise I will give it a go by hand and/or with the Kitchenaid with the dough hook. Re sitting at work - I think you should get a normal height stool on wheels and scoot around that way as much as you can! Enjoy your 3 days off!

Hellos the rest of you, hope you're having a good week.
===
It's been quiet here without the boss. We'll find out today when she'll return to the office. It's that time of the year to see how you've done against your performance goals, and to prepare a self-appraisal. Ick, hate that stuff. Necessary evil.

Last night I went to the "Step Essentials" class. I hadn't been to that class in quite a while. I got a good heart-pumping workout. The last part of that class includes a good amount of pushups (on the ballet barre) and crunches, so I'll probably be feeling sore this afternoon/evening.

Nothing planned for tonight. They are seeing the movie "Lincoln" and even though I know it's good and Daniel Day-Lewis will surely get award nominations for his role, I just don't want to see it!!!

My sneakers have shipped! Looking forward to getting them. If they feel good, I just might buy a pair of black ones to wear for my work commute. I still need to shop for some tall snow boots. Sigh.

Okay, I'll get this posted and get back to work.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote