YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Dr Phil's Book Club Introductions

Hi Everyone! I thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves to the members of this group.

Name (Nickname):

M or F:

Weight/ Goal Weight:

Height:

Family:

Personal Info you would like to share:

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:

What do you hope to Gain from this Book:

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Name (Nickname): Angel/ Ursula

M or F: Female

Weight/ Goal Weight: 205/130

Height: 5'2" (My Goal Height is 5'6" )

Family: Newly Married with a son (17) and daughter (15), 2 dogs (2), 1 kitten (too cute for words) and a neighborhood tom cat.

Personal Info you would like to share: Was married in May to a terrific guy that loves me no matter what, have 2 great kids that drive me insane (teenagism is rampant in my house), a job that I am burned out on, starting classes in October to get my real estate license.... I think I am having an early mid life crisis

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Eating the worng stuff, craving the wrong stuff, very emotional eater, stress eater, no motivation to get moving

What do you hope to Gain from this Book:
to get to the bottom of the emotional issues involved, to gain control of myself and to have no more excuses!!!!
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:24 AM   #3  

Name (Nickname): Carole

M or F: F

Weight/ Goal Weight: 300/175

Height:5'7"

Family: Married for 9 years (in Oct.) to an amazing man who loves me for who I am on the inside not what I look like on the outside. One wonderful 7 year-old daughter. 2 fat cats, 2 crazy bunnies, 1 weird gerbil and 1 adorable Boston Terrier.

Personal Info you would like to share:My ex-husband used to tell me he'd love me more if I were thinner (I weighed at whopping 140 pounds at that time). After 2 years of marriage he convinced me that I was worthless and not loveable.

Now I'm married to the most amazing man who supports me and loves me no matter how much I weight, but wants to help me lose the weight so I can be happier with myself and healthier.

I am a stay-at-home and home schooling mom and I love it.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:Myself. I have met the enemy and she is me. I fear success even more than I fear failure and I am "addicted" to the instant gratification that food gives me.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book:The information I need to stop sabotaging myself. I know that I can do this. I know how to lose the weight, but I don't know how to overcome my self-defeating traits. I am hoping that working through Dr. Phil's book will help me learn why I do what I do so that I can change the behaviour, not just for a week or a month by covering it over, but forever by truly changing it.
MrsK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:09 AM   #4  

Default Introducing myself

Name (Nickname): Jane. This is my first post on the 3FC message boards, I hope I do it correctly!!!

Weight/ Goal Weight: 260,after gaining back 30 of the 60 I lost , my goal weight?? I dont even think that far ahead, I take it day by day........

Height: 5'8"

Family: my husband and myself

Personal Info you would like to share: This is a constant battle for me. I lost 60 lbs and kept it off for about 4 years, last summer it slowly crept back on and I want to get it before it gets me, if it already hasn't. I am doing an online journal and getting support here rather than going to meeting. This is how I did it before and am hoping to will work again for me.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: FOOD. I am an emotional eater

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: To learn why I love food, more than I love myself.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....I am looking forward to getting to know everyone that is participating in the book review.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:49 AM   #5  

Name: Jean

F

Weight: 244.3 (on 9/5/2003)/130

Family: Married, 2 adult children, one adorable 8 yrs old GD

Personal Info: Was immobile for years due to back and knee problems. Back surgery helped immensely and I continue to have Supine injections for the arthritic knee. Weight creeped up during these years even though I have always been on the heavy side.

Feeling so much better now. Able to get around and walk with no or little pain.

I watch my GD before and after school and love spending time with her.

Biggest Weekness in WL journey: Portion control, sticking to a plan and exercising

What do you hope to gain from this book: To change my behavior toward food and change my eating habits for good.

I am waiting for the book to come as I just ordered it a few days ago. Am looking forward to this thread and enjoy this site a lot.
retirednana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #6  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry My Introduction...

Name (Nickname): "SunnyD"/ Donna

Weight/ Goal Weight: 204 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Family: Married - 28 yrs to my Joe who has stood by me through... thick- thin - thick and hopefully thin again not only physically, but emotionally! What a guy! We are both sing in a small group at church & do not have children (can't)... a long story But went into a Christian ministry that opened many doors to helping youth God is so Good!

Personal Info you would like to share: We have three cats that do not know they are cats and I love to death (well, of course second to my hubby ) Domino (7 3/4 yrs) & Guido & Zeppe (1 yr 4 mo. old brothers), Oh... and Grant - our Betta Fish. I enjoy making cards & sharing them with friends and family, love this cp (!) and all my forum buddies!! My life has already changed for the better since I have met all of you I love life and love to share it with others!

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: My biggest weakness ~ well, other then I enjoy sweets a bit too much... is Fear! Fear of stepping out and taking the risk of doing anything I think would be fun (I might look stupid) or a step of growth with new endeavors. Maybe it's fear of acceptance & being vulnerable... yes, that's it! It bothers me deeply when I know someone does not like me, but DO KNOW that not everyone will. I just have moments/times where I find it difficult to accept. I openly care so much for people.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: To one day totally accept "ME" --- the person God has created to be unique, in & of herself, and to understand that to be okay. To be unafraid of stepping out and becoming "whole" - "complete" - "contented" & "confident" instead of pretending to be to get by in life... loving "Me". Whew!

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Name (Nickname): Rowan / Dee

Weight/ Goal Weight: 227 (?)

Height: 5'4

Family: Just me and my dog

Personal Info you would like to share:

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: I have fought the realization that when I overeat I think that I am in control, but it has only been when I really began to feel in my body that I am out of control did I realize how much I was punishing myself for things that I had no control over and for things that I did have control over. I will sell out on what is best for me in this area in two seconds.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: To unlearn and learn new habits to enjoy the lifelong success of being at an ideal weight. I want to learn how to really put myself first.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... It takes a village, and these boards have proven to be a valuable resource.....looking forward to walking through this process with y'all and Dr. PHil.....who I just adore!!!
Rowan Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Name (Nickname): holly

M or F: f

Weight/ Goal Weight: 244 - 188 - 159

Family: i live with my boyfriend. we have a cat and a bird.

Personal Info you would like to share: this is my frst real attempt in my life to do something about my weight, i always just kind of ignored it. i'm not doing too bad, either, 56 lbs in a year is semi-slow, but i'm sure those pounds are gone for good!

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: portion control, going back for seconds, and bored mindless eating.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: a little more knowlege of why i do what i do, so that i have the power to stop it. someday when i get to my goal weight, i want to be able to relax and be almost normal, as if i'd been a healthy weight my entrie life. i know i'll ave to stay aware of my body, but i don't want to have to be over obsessive about it.
gonzostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #9  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hello all! I am waiting for the book to arrive from my book of the month club, so I will catch up to all of you as soon as I can.

Name: Summer

Female

Current weight: 230 Goal weight: 160

Height: 5'8"

Family: I've been married 10 years to a man who would love my body to resemble Pamela Anderson's. I have one 5 year old girl who just started kindergarten. We have a beagle, Duffy.

Personal Info: I am a pre-k teacher for the public school system in an inner city school. I just achieved national accreditation for my program with NAEYC (big deal). I am a member of the school's leadership team. I love summertime. I love the beach. I love to read. I love to be free to do my own thing...hence my love of the summer! I teach Sunday School at my church. I am a PTA member at my daughter's school. I am way toooooooo busy.

Weaknesses: I LOVE FOOD!!!!!!!! I eat emotionally...happy, sad, angry, depressed, you name it! I am a child of an alcoholic, and I believe there is a connection between my addiction to food and that. I am a victim of attempted rape, and have been sexually harrassed to the point of wanting to bury myself in a cocoon. I hate to exercise. I don't trust myself to lose weight.

Hope to gain: A breakthrough which will finally help me to lose weight permanently and live a healthy lifestyle!!!!!!!!!!

Summer
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 02:55 PM   #10  

Name (Nickname): Rhonda / sillymonkey

Weight/ Goal Weight: 232/140

Height: 5'3"

Family: Single - live alone

Personal Info you would like to share: I don't think I've EVER been thin. I've tried a few diets, but nothing really whole heartedly because I never felt they were believeable. I'm believing in the WLC.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: Emotional eating (boredome especially) and having support. When I lived at home or with roomates, the potential for criticizm about my eating habits kept me responsible. Now that there's no one around to judge or share the leftovers, I've just been gaining and gaining.

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: I know portions, I know nutirition, I know what to do and it still ain't working. It's gotta be something more than just the food - I want this book to help me tap into that.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....
I just came back from a summer dance camp (yup, 100 lbs overweight and I dance!). I ate like an absolute HORSE...and still lost 5 pounds Note to self - you have to MOVE more, no matter what. It's office jobs that'll kill ya.
sillymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:30 PM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi Everyone! Here is my info and I'm so anxious to get started:

Name (Nickname): Zoe/Patti

Weight/ Goal Weight: 200/160/150 (start/current/goal)

Height: 5'7"

Family: husband Greg, son Christian (24) and daughter Jenna (28). A yorkie/chihuahua mix named Zoe and a black cat named Hannah (we call her Meow)

Personal Info you would like to share: Follower of Christ

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: I love to eat

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: mental awareness of my weight loss issues

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... I just can't wait to get started!

Zoe <><
Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

Last edited by Zoe; 09-20-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:16 PM   #12  
We can do this..and will!

Dr Phil's Book Club Introductions

Hi Everyone! I thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves to the members of this group.

Name (Nickname):Joanie

M or F:f

Weight/ Goal Weight:239/125

Height:5 foot 2

Family:Husband who has not made love to me in over a year and a half because I am too fat, 3 wonderful children

Personal Info you would like to share:I am really desperate

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey:being unable to control my eating

What do you hope to Gain from this Book:success

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal.....I just hope this turns into one big happy family who is so successful that Dr. Phil will invite us on to his show!
Joanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Name (Nickname): Cassie

Weight/ Goal Weight: 267/140

Height: 5'5"

Family: DH Ted; 1st DH died (Rich), children w/Rich: Billy, Heidi, Kristin ... 3 pets, 2 kitties & 1 doggie

Personal Info you would like to share: I am feeling very discouraged right now

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: keeping the weight off!!!!!!!!

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: more understanding of myself and what's happening when I try to lose weight
Irishcoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:04 AM   #14  

Name (Nickname): can't say for personal reasons/dip

Weight/ Goal Weight: CW-208, Highest 248 (see sig line)

Height: 5"5-1/2"

Family: Married to an extremely intelligent man who does not know how to give a compliment to anybody. He thinks the world of me, is sweet and otherwise easy to get along with, but doesn't take the time from his self-centeredness to notice me. (ouch, but true) 2nd husband, approaching 11 years married, 14 together. 1 Son 28, engaged for 5 years and afraid to make the big step, but so is she. 6 poodles, Sissy, Fox, Dan, Sunny, Pete and DaNiece. 2 Stupid cats I'm ready to give away.

Personal Info you would like to share: I feel great about my age. Hitting 50 was like receiving The Red Badge of Courage. I figure I have a good 20 years of quality life left, so I want to live them healthier than the last 20. I have specific fears of being thin, but will deal with them *when* I get thin.

Biggest Weakness in the Weight Loss Journey: carbs, but I have managed them quite well. (bread, cake, cookies, ice cream, pie, donuts, sweet rolls, etc.)

What do you hope to Gain from this Book: More insight to myself and emotional eating, especially when I'm angry (food as a tranquillizer.) I "got it" after reading Dr. Phil's SELF MATTERS and was able to recognize my fears of being thin, started my WL journey March '03 after having surgeries that allowed me no more excuses to skip exercise. I hope to discover avenues to replace negative behaviors with positive behaviors.

Please add anything else on here that you think would help us help you reach your goal..... Taking part in the 3FC forums helps keep me accountable to myself. The support here (Hi Cristi!) has been my backbone because I have no one on this side of the monitor who understands what I'm doing or why. If I in turn can help just one other person with this, I will be a happy woman.

Last edited by diphthong; 09-20-2003 at 02:49 PM.
diphthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:32 AM   #15  

Hi
I'm ~jezzie a 60 yo female who is 5'5".
I'm currently 180 lbs. and goal is 143.
I have four grown children and three little people with fur.

I started Atkins 1/23/03 at 227 lbs and have lost 47 lbs. so far. I'm having no trouble losing or sticking to plan. What I'm hoping for is info to keep me on track AFTER I reach goal.

~jezzie
227/180/143
jezzie is offline   Reply With Quote