View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking It's FRIDAY

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Time sure is flying by ~ this is already the last day of November. Today is the day I was able to order my pasta machine, along with the lasagna attachment and the ravioli attachment. I also am getting a scoop colander which is a long handled colander that strains pasta right from the pot & it holds nearly 4 cups. It will be a wonderful tool to use with my wok also. It is stainless-steel and dishwasher safe. I am so looking forward to making some homemade ravioli. This should really be the last appliance I will get for a long time now. I will have replaced all my old favorites now that I wanted to. Instead of that stand mixer I have a hand held one that has a balloon whisk and dough hook along with the regular mixer type whisk. I usually use my small bread machine to mix up what dough I may need though, so don’t use the hook very often but am glad I have it. It is a powerful hand mixer and does the job plus it doesn’t take up much room at all in a cupboard. I also have one of those emersion wand thingies that mix, whip, whisk or chop at a touch which lives in a drawer. So what I have done is replace some of the bigger appliances I had with smaller versions that work for me just as well.

This evening we are going out to a place called Whisky Creek to eat. There is a western history author visiting here and we and the museum director are taking him out to dinner. I believe he is bringing his teen aged along so that will be five of us. I always order their grilled shrimp skewers when we go there and a sweet potato without the butter and cinnamon sugar they like to load it with. Just the potato is sweet enough for me. I get a tossed salad with the dressing on the side and do the fork dipping thing or just eat it without dressing. The food there is excellent.

I was looking through all my glass patterns and cannot locate my box book. I found a couple pattern books that look interesting in my glass crafters catalogue that I will be ordering. I have some darling night light patterns that I can make in the meantime for folks like to have a night light. I wonder what happened to my box book.

JEAN on your maintain. A maintain is always welcomed when one thinks they will show a gain. We aren't having any wind either this day. I am doing night lights instead of boxes this year but by next year I will have some boxes made for sure. I know the feeling when you get a hungry day. They come to visit me on occasion also.

Have a great day Magnolias.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 11-30-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote