Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #1  
Jan

S/C/G: 238/178/168

Height: 5"9

Default Back on the wagon & what is the best IP friendly BBQ

Well, I am embarrassed to tell you how long I have been neglecting my diet but today the scale reminded me just how far I have sunk
The good news, however, is I am picking up the pieces and going to see my friends at the clinic asap.

My question today is if anyone knows of a good IP BBQ sauce? My husband did not care for the Walden Farms one I purchased (Sorry i forgot which it was). If anyone has suggestions for a "manly sauce" that we can both have?

Jan
Check out my blog where I write about my struggles and encouragement for other dieters. Jan's Blog
hazidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #2  

Welcome! I am not a big fan of WF products, except the pancake syrup. I bought a couple of Green Valley products. I usually put them in a sauce so I don't know how they taste by themselves.
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Most BBQ sauces are made with a lot of sugar/molasses, so Walden Farms is the only one I know of that is "safe" on IP. There are a couple of different varieties, I use the Thick & Spicy all the time but I know there are two others I haven't tried yet. Maybe see if there's one that tickles his craving a little better?
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #4  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Wecome back! That first step back is the hardest and you made it! Congrats!

I haven't tried it yet, but my coach told me a lot of clients mix the Walden Farms Thick and Spicy, Walden Farms Pancake Syrup, Dijon mustard, and I imagine perhaps vinegar, and seasonings like red pepper, if needed. I bought the products this week and was planning on trying it this evening. Will let you know how it works for me.
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

You could always make your own using mustard, vinegar, sugar-free ketchup, stevia and seasoning. Maybe a little WF syrup for flavor and sweetness.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #6  
Jan

S/C/G: 238/178/168

Height: 5"9

Thanks for the replies everyone Good to know that WF is the only company right now, and I might just take nobylspoon's advice and we'll try making our own.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jan
Check out my blog where I write about my struggles and encouragement for other dieters. Jan's Blog
hazidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

Hi,

I often google Low-carb "whatever" recipe and can usually find alternatives...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=low-c...ient=firefox-a

for example this one looks promising:

Low carb BBQ Sauce
Submitted by: LISA32989

Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

1 c Tomato Sauce
3 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 T Cider Vinegar
6 packets Splenda
1 T Chili Powder
2 t Tabasco Sauce
2 t Garlic Powder
1 t pepper
1 t liquid smoke

Directions
Combine and cook over low heat for 10 minutes

Number of Servings: 8

I know I'll be trying it!
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

just found another one... Almost no carbs! (http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19060001.php)

Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce
This isn't a substitute for the "real thing," it's an improvement. It's so good the rest of the family gobbles it up and I have to keep making more.

3/8 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cup tomato sauce. (1 15 oz can) Don't buy a tomato sauce that has spices or flavorings in it!
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon yellow hot dog mustard
3/4 tablespoon Franks Hot Sauce
3/4 tablespoon salt (optional)
1 dash cayenne pepper. Go easy!!!!
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
6 teaspoons Splenda or 18 drops of Liquid Splenda

Add vinegar and all other ingredients except mustard to a sauce pan and slowly heat. Put mustard in a cup and slowly stir in a couple tablespoons of sauce until well blended. Then add mustard mixture back to sauce in pan.

Bring to a boil, and lower heat. Let simmer for a few minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate.

Note: this sauce will taste a bit peculiar if you taste it when it is still hot. Don't worry! Something magical happens when it sits in the fridge.

Carbohydrates per Serving (1 tablespoon): Less than 1 gram. Half an ounce is 1 gm carbs, 6 calories.
vvei is offline   Reply With Quote