Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #1  

Default best diet pills

greetings
i'm 24 years old and suffering from overweight..
there are many different diet pills and i'm looking for anyone to recommend some that actually worked on them
thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

All diet pills works if you are eating healthy in a controlled amount and exercising 3-5 time a week.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #3  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

In all honesty, I hate diet pills. I was one of those people who would try anything to lose weight BUT diet and exercise. Well, they all suck. In my opinion, instead of taking diet pills that have unknown side effects on you (I blacked out once because of diet pills) take a multi vitamin instead and eat right and exercise. Nothing good comes easily.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi. I know most people dont agree with any diet pills. And they can not be usef on their on to lose weight. And if you take them and lose weight and then go right back to your old eating habits....... You will gain it all back and more!!!

ok now that is out of the way..... If you are willing to do everything the right way and just need a little booster to help you get started then there are a couple that do help. If you can get a dr to write you a script phentermine or adipex is an amazing appitite surpressant and gives you the energy you need to start working out. But its hard to find a dr to write itvand i wouldnt buy it online. Now if you want something all natural.... Ace works pretty well at supressing hunger and boosts ur metabo. Its appetite control and energy.

Thats just my 2 cents worth.... Good luck on ur weight loss journey!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuMaus View Post
In all honesty, I hate diet pills. I was one of those people who would try anything to lose weight BUT diet and exercise. Well, they all suck. In my opinion, instead of taking diet pills that have unknown side effects on you (I blacked out once because of diet pills) take a multi vitamin instead and eat right and exercise. Nothing good comes easily.
VERY well said!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I was put on my first prescription diet pill when I was 14. I weighed 225 lbs and over the course of three years, I lost 70 lbs, and was able to get closer to healthy weight than I had been at age 4.

That's the good news, and while that sounds pretty good, the bad news is so, so much worse.

Have you ever heard the term, "chasing the dragon."'

Chasing the dragon" refers to inhaling the vapor from heating a narcotic such as morphine, heroin, oxycodone or opium. It also refers to the elusive pursuit of the ultimate high in the usage of any addictive drug.

Just as with chasing the "high" of a mind-altering drug, the "high" of weight loss is just as elusive with prescription or street diet drugs. You NEVER lose as much weight as you would like to, and each new drug you try, yields smaller and smaller results. And when you stop using the drug, you not only often experience a physical and psychological withdrawal, having used the drug "ruins" the undrugged experience.

The drugs that WORK also tend to be stimulants, so they are often physically and psychologically addictive. You feel stronger, smarter, and more energized on the drug, only it takes more and more of the drug to feel decent. So you either start taking more than your doctor prescribes, or you take as directed and just feel more and more and more like crap. The drug stops working for weight loss, and then you start gaining. Your realize the drug isn't helping, or your doctor refuses to prescribe it, because it's not working. Either way you end up without the drug and you not only feel crappier, you start gaining faster than you've ever gained before. So you end up fatter, slower, sadder, and grumpier.

You gain all the weight back, plus some extra. You go back to the doctor (or a different one) and get another drug, something stronger than the first, and you keep "chasing the dragon," getting further and further away from your goal rather than closer to it.

Unless you stop the cycle, you just keep getting fatter and fatter and more and more depressed.

AND often your metabolism gets slower and slower, so you have to eat less and less and less just to maintain a very overweight body weight.

I wish I could say that I learned my lesson with the first medication, but I didn't. I've tried at least four different prescription drugs and probably six herbal products, and every one made me fatter than the one before.

Personally I'd recommend a moderately low-carb diet (one that does NOT severely limit low-calorie, non-starchy vegetables) or a paleo diet. You may be able to add more servings of carby foods like grains and fruit when you reach your goal weight, or you may find that you will always have to be aware of your carb intake. Experiment to see which carb-level allows you to lose weight, then maintain your weight and feel healthiest.

Finding a way-of-eating that allows you to feel your best, often results in slower weight loss than crash-dieting (whether aided by drugs or not), but FAST results are almost always TEMPORARY results (or body-damaging results).

My body has taken a lot of damage because of my desire for fast weight loss. If I had been taught to lose weight by SLOW, but SENSIBLE means I could have gotten this weight off 40 years ago (and I wouldn't have had 250 lbs to get off).

Rapid weight loss is like most succeed-quick schemes, the results never come close to the promises. We all know people who never have any money because they're always throwing their money away in one get-rich-quick scheme after another.

Diet pills are like that. You spend your money and your hope, and in the end, you get only heart-ache and damage to show for it.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #7  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalo View Post
All diet pills works if you are eating healthy in a controlled amount and exercising 3-5 time a week.
But if you are eating and exercising right, is it then the pills that are working or the diet and exercise?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldineHearne View Post
But if you are eating and exercising right, is it then the pills that are working or the diet and exercise?
Research indicates that diet pills are pretty much as effective as placebo. The perceived effectiveness of a diet pill increases with its advertisement. So basically it is diet and exercise.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #9  
Carbivore

S/C/G: 260/167/172

Height: 6' 2"

I'm still wondering what cause people think they need artificial stuff like pills to get to their natural weight.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #10  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I was put on my first prescription diet pill when I was 14. I weighed 225 lbs and over the course of three years, I lost 70 lbs, and was able to get closer to healthy weight than I had been at age 4.

That's the good news, and while that sounds pretty good, the bad news is so, so much worse.

Have you ever heard the term, "chasing the dragon."'

Chasing the dragon" refers to inhaling the vapor from heating a narcotic such as morphine, heroin, oxycodone or opium. It also refers to the elusive pursuit of the ultimate high in the usage of any addictive drug.

Just as with chasing the "high" of a mind-altering drug, the "high" of weight loss is just as elusive with prescription or street diet drugs. You NEVER lose as much weight as you would like to, and each new drug you try, yields smaller and smaller results. And when you stop using the drug, you not only often experience a physical and psychological withdrawal, having used the drug "ruins" the undrugged experience.

The drugs that WORK also tend to be stimulants, so they are often physically and psychologically addictive. You feel stronger, smarter, and more energized on the drug, only it takes more and more of the drug to feel decent. So you either start taking more than your doctor prescribes, or you take as directed and just feel more and more and more like crap. The drug stops working for weight loss, and then you start gaining. Your realize the drug isn't helping, or your doctor refuses to prescribe it, because it's not working. Either way you end up without the drug and you not only feel crappier, you start gaining faster than you've ever gained before. So you end up fatter, slower, sadder, and grumpier.

You gain all the weight back, plus some extra. You go back to the doctor (or a different one) and get another drug, something stronger than the first, and you keep "chasing the dragon," getting further and further away from your goal rather than closer to it.

Unless you stop the cycle, you just keep getting fatter and fatter and more and more depressed.

AND often your metabolism gets slower and slower, so you have to eat less and less and less just to maintain a very overweight body weight.

I wish I could say that I learned my lesson with the first medication, but I didn't. I've tried at least four different prescription drugs and probably six herbal products, and every one made me fatter than the one before.

Personally I'd recommend a moderately low-carb diet (one that does NOT severely limit low-calorie, non-starchy vegetables) or a paleo diet. You may be able to add more servings of carby foods like grains and fruit when you reach your goal weight, or you may find that you will always have to be aware of your carb intake. Experiment to see which carb-level allows you to lose weight, then maintain your weight and feel healthiest.

Finding a way-of-eating that allows you to feel your best, often results in slower weight loss than crash-dieting (whether aided by drugs or not), but FAST results are almost always TEMPORARY results (or body-damaging results).

My body has taken a lot of damage because of my desire for fast weight loss. If I had been taught to lose weight by SLOW, but SENSIBLE means I could have gotten this weight off 40 years ago (and I wouldn't have had 250 lbs to get off).

Rapid weight loss is like most succeed-quick schemes, the results never come close to the promises. We all know people who never have any money because they're always throwing their money away in one get-rich-quick scheme after another.

Diet pills are like that. You spend your money and your hope, and in the end, you get only heart-ache and damage to show for it.
I love you for posting this.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #11  

hehe ultimately i guess my excuse is lazy. There's certainly no replacement for diet and exercise - but I think some ingredients are good and have helped me get better results.

There's definitely a lot of crap out there though!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #12  
it's always something

If they really worked, sites like this would not exist. No one would be overweight.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #13  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I just hope if they ever do find something that works... that I have stock in the company
Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5'7"

The best luck I have had has been with the wonderslim diet plan but it is really hard work and it only works when the little switch in my brain has been flipped that makes me completely dedicated to my diet!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lots of good advice here. I am closing this thread as the OP has not been back (even to read) since she posted this Nov. 20th.
Closed Thread